Sheldon Richardson Suspended

Maxman

CBA, it's what the players and owner agreed on.

It's written in stone.  It's illegal, and the players know the penalties.  If I offered you a great paying job, but said, "you get busted for weed, you're fired" and then you get busted, well, you are fired.  He knew what the penalty was going to be, and he didn't care.  He cared more about a party then his coach, his career, or his team mates.

I'm not arguing the fact that it's in the CBA, I'm puzzled at just how the NFL handles the punishment.  I also don't think you understand the context of marijuana use in those who do it daily; most of them aren't out partying, they smoke at the end of the day to unwind, to relax to possibly calm their anxiety.  Not getting into the medical aspect of how it's not good for your anxiety in the long run, I think it's a tad harsh to just assume he's out partying, smoking 8 blunts and unloading clips at stop signs.  

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are mistaken. It is legal to beat your wife in Arkansas, but not more than once per month. And there is a county in Virginia where it's legal as long as you do it on the steps of the county courthouse before 8pm.

I try not to consider anything south of the Mason Dixon in my formal assessments. 

Still baffled at how testing positive for marijuana results in a suspension. Just a quick reminder, the NFL's initial reaction towards Ray Rice cold-cocking his fiance was two games. Two games. So basically, smoking weed three times is less egregious than decking your bottom b*tch, but four times, get the f*ck outta here. Marijuana is legalized in four states and the District of Columbia and probably seven more this year. Unless I'm mistaken, knocking out a women is in fact legal in zero states. I just can't wrap my head around this progressive punishment system. Either you think it's a minor offense and you fine them or it's a major offense and you suspend them, not both pending the number of times they're caught.

Because the rich, white dudes that Goodell answers to see weed as as a ghetto drug, but view battery as something they do to their maids when they leave streaks on the vanity.

Because the rich, white dudes that Goodell answers to see weed as as a ghetto drug, but view battery as something they do to their maids when they leave streaks on the vanity.

You're so good with the words. Explaining in one sentence what others take paragraphs to do. You, you're good you. 

If my employer paid me $2.5M a year, and I knew in a year or two I was going to get a 300% raise, if they had a no banana policy I would not eat bananas. Doesn't matter whether it's legal, illegal, morally wrong or right.

If my employer paid me $2.5M a year, and I knew in a year or two I was going to get a 300% raise, if they had a no banana policy I would not eat bananas. Doesn't matter whether it's legal, illegal, morally wrong or right.

Richardson is a moron we need to trade while we can still get a first for him. He will do this again I promise.

CBA, it's what the players and owner agreed on.

It's written in stone.  It's illegal, and the players know the penalties.  If I offered you a great paying job, but said, "you get busted for weed, you're fired" and then you get busted, well, you are fired.  He knew what the penalty was going to be, and he didn't care.  He cared more about a party then his coach, his career, or his team mates.

Key point is its illegal under the CBA but the real question is should it be?

if the society is legalizing in many jurisdictions why is it being banned?  Health?

That wont wash weed is less toxic to the bodies key organs than alcohol.

I don't drink alcohol or smoke weed but it seems silly to me to punish guys for what amounts to an ongoing witch hunt against those who can be tested.  

if the society is legalizing in many jurisdictions why is it being banned?  Health?

I don't drink alcohol or smoke weed but it seems silly to me to punish guys for what amounts to an ongoing witch hunt against those who can be tested.  

while weed is being decriminalized in some states, it remains a controlled substance federally, but to me the real issue is image and advertising for the NFL owners

they want the image to be clean role models who can pitch ford and pepsi

while weed is being dereminalized in some states, it remains a controlled substance federally, but to me the real issue is image and advertising for the NFL owners

they want the image to be clean role models who can pitch ford and pepsi

Thanks!!

This is probably the real heart of  the matter and one which I wasn't paying attention to..

Money talks, period.

There was a crazy one I came across in North Dakota a few years back. Something like you can still shoot a Native American if he comes within 100 feet of your property.

Which is crazy when you consider that American Indians make up about 5% of their population, which is like a million and a half times higher than the national average.  

I'm a rare person.  i don't smoke, I never have, and I think it should be legal.

But, he is being paid very well to do a job.  To have that job, he is not currently allowed to smoke, and he did, and got busted several times. He was TOLD.  He is an adult.  Like someone else said, I don't care if it's bananas, it's the term of the job, you don't do it.

If I get a job and they say don't crap in the executive bathroom or I'll be fired, well then I'm not crapping there.  Crapping is still legal, but not there if I want to get a pay check.

I'm a rare person.  i don't smoke, I never have, and I think it should be legal.

But, he is being paid very well to do a job.  To have that job, he is not currently allowed to smoke, and he did, and got busted several times. He was TOLD.  He is an adult.  Like someone else said, I don't care if it's bananas, it's the term of the job, you don't do it.

If I get a job and they say don't crap in the executive bathroom or I'll be fired, well then I'm not crapping there.  Crapping is still legal, but not there if I want to get a pay check.

I actually agree with you.

My post was not a defense of Richardson.  If its not permitted don't do it!!

I for one look to trade him if possible because he is showing he is not reliable....

No matter how good you are, you are no good if you cant stay on the field.

I for one look to trade him if possible because he is showing he is not reliable....

Cool, I just misunderstood.

I agree, I don't give that guy big money.  Sorry, you want to be one of the 3-4 super highly paid guys on the team, you act like it.

Richardson is a moron we need to trade while we can still get a first for him. He will do this again I promise.

Agree completely with your opinion on Sheldon. Trade him immediately when any team offers a first. I would even take a 2nd after the season if that is the best offer.

Still, I find your tireless defense of Jameis Winston hypocritical. Jameis is a guaranteed failure off the field too, and I cannot wait to say "I told you so."

mehta and a source, lol

I'm not saying it wasn't weed, but "they announced it" isn't really true either unless "they" is the NFL or sheldumb

Ok here ya go..... Alcohol is legal. Back in the day, a friend of ours was 19 when his dad bought him a rig for his own trucking business. Mucho Dinero. CDL license is 1/2 the BAL for a DWI. That translates into. . 04. That's 2 beers in an hour. Dude hung out with us and had a couple. Left bar in personal car. Got pulled over. Bottom line blew a. 04. Lost his license and subsequent business. Same thing with posse, moron, don't shoot, time out Sheldon smoking weed and getting nailed for the 4th time. Legal or illegal, contract says you can't smoke week. I get drug tested and I am not losing my house for a joint. Honey, guess what, I smoked a joint and got fired. That ain't what you say to a Sicilian American girl. Capisce.!? Bottom line, trade him when he is hitting his stride by the end of the year. Gone.!!!

Ok here ya go..... Alcohol is legal. Back in the day, a friend of ours was 19 when his dad bought him a rig for his own trucking business. Mucho Dinero. CDL license is 1/2 the BAL for a DWI. That translates into. . 04. That's 2 beers in an hour. Dude hung out with us and had a couple. Left bar in personal car. Got pulled over. Bottom line blew a. 04. Lost his license and subsequent business. Same thing with posse, moron, don't shoot, time out Sheldon smoking weed and getting nailed for the 4th time. Legal or illegal, contract says you can't smoke week. I get drug tested and I am not losing my house for a joint. Honey, guess what, I smoked a joint and got fired. That ain't what you say to a Sicilian American girl. Capisce.!? Bottom line, trade him when he is hitting his stride by the end of the year. Gone.!!!

seems to me, you have more of a problem with Sheldon calling the police "pigs" than you do with anything else he has done/said.

Funny thing is according to the CBA players can be tested only from April to Aug but not during the season.. 

Agree completely with your opinion on Sheldon. Trade him immediately when any team offers a first. I would even take a 2nd after the season if that is the best offer.

Still, I find your tireless defense of Jameis Winston hypocritical. Jameis is a guaranteed failure off the field too, and I cannot wait to say "I told you so."

How many positive drug tests does Jameis have?

seems to me, you have more of a problem with Sheldon calling the police "pigs" than you do with anything else he has done/said.

Nah, its his stupid judgment. Plus, We don't want activists who rebel against everything including contract clauses.

Stupidity on display. Jettison this moron.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'm adding nothing new here but:  Sheldon's idiocy (knowing what the rules are and the consequences of breaking them) is inexcusable.  That being said, F the NFL for this stupid rule.  They're okay with their guys getting their brains bashed in every week and covering up evidence of CTE, but not okay with letting them toke up to take the edge off.  Pathetic.

I'm sure I'm adding nothing new here but: Sheldon's idiocy (knowing what the rules are and the consequences of breaking them) is inexcusable. That being said, F the NFL for this stupid rule. They're okay with their guys getting their brains bashed in every week and covering up evidence of CTE, but not okay with letting them toke up to take the edge off. Pathetic.

Thank you!!!!!!

Ok good that defensive line is one of our strengths with depth- all that talking by him now please be quiet

This. Maybe now people will cool it on how amazing he is. He was starting to annoy me. Mo's the leader and always was. Give him the money, let Sheldon walk in a couple years.

Archived