At what point did you know the season was over?

FSU_Jet

For me, it had to be after the Green Bay game. Even though we weren't mathematically eliminated, the Packers game really exposed how bad the defense was and from that point forward, we were finished. What's your take?

For me, it had to be after the Green Bay game. Even though we weren't mathematically eliminated, the Packers game really exposed how bad the defense was and from that point forward, we were finished. What's your take?

Jets could have beat Green Bay if not for the timeout, that game could have been when we knew the coaches had mailed it in but When Vick "was not ready" to play the season was over

Yeah the Green Bay game was brutal.  When that beautiful TD pass Geno through to Decker was called back because of that time out, I said to myself, "ookaaay we go....."

When Decker was reinjured in that game, and the "corners" if you can call them that gave no resistance in the 2nd half I really knew it was over.

Really though, I knew right after Vontae resigned with the Colts leaving us standing in the rain. Then McDoogie, and Miliner went down on the same day, and Paterson went missing.

How could you really think we were going to cope with Walls, and Wilson as the only options?

The question is when I KNEW the season was over?

It was the loss at NE.

We were 1-5 going into that game, but 3 of those losses were to the NFC, we were still only 1-2 against the AFC and we had yet to play a divisional game.  I thought there was still a chance if we were able to string some wins together we would be in good shape for tiebreakers. However, once we lost that game and fell to 1-6 it was realistically over.

The Bears game, definitely. Not because of the pick six, that game was still ours but the bullsh*t PI call on Walls and the bullsh*t fumble that should have been a return by DeMario for a TD but was ruled down. That was the game when I knew the forces were against our Jets.

How anyone could have been optimistic based on the talent level of the team is beyond my thought process.

We were awful at the skill positions and at key components in our dee. That is we were bad skill wise on both sides of the ball.

You can't win like that. No one ever has and probably no one ever will.

The team was poorly constructed and I know the guys are professionals and all but no way did I think last year's Jets had any real chance at consistently winning.

Yeah the Green Bay game was brutal. When that beautiful TD pass Geno through to Decker was called back because of that time out, I said to myself, "ookaaay we go....."

I thought that was Kerley who Geno threw too but yeah critical part of the season I think things play out very differently if fat ass I'll turn down the ball in OT MM doesn't call timeout.

I thought that was Kerley who Geno threw too but yeah critical part of the season I think things play out very differently if fat ass I'll turn down the ball in OT MM doesn't call timeout.

It was Kerley. For me, it was the Detroit game. Lose two in a row at home to mediocre teams at best, in for a tough season.

For me it was the Detroit game.  Could have gotten out of that one at 2-2, but 1-3 with a trip to SD followed by Den & NE, It was time to start thinking about the draft.  And it wasn't even October yet.

How anyone could have been optimistic based on the talent level of the team is beyond my thought process.

We were awful at the skill positions and at key components in our dee. That is we were bad skill wise on both sides of the ball.

You can't win like that. No one ever has and probably no one ever will.

The team was poorly constructed and I know the guys are professionals and all but no way did I think last year's Jets had any real chance at consistently winning.

We went 8-8 the year before with worse talent so yeah I thought we could at least go 7-9 and with a little luck may 9-7.  Unfortunately the injuries to Dee and Macdougle and the lack of NFL caliber corners plus our inability to get off the field on 3rd down is what really killed us defensively.   Geno regressed, Vick was totally worthless, and our special teams stunk.  That all adds up to 4-12. 

Archived