Tough Love or Best Friend: Bowles vs. Rex

rkw522

Anyone who has witnessed Incognito in action off the field would have to agree that this jerk/bully should be flipping burgers not getting another chance in the NFL.

There is a video out there of him playing pool & bullying people around him, you can see patrons of the bar moving away with nervous smiles while he acts like a tough guy baffoon.

This guy needs 3 rounds with an MMA fighter to put him in his f*cking place!

The idea that Rex just had to have him in Buffalo is just another indication that Rex is just dumb when it comes to making personnel decisions. A tiger like Richie doesn't change his stripes, his "I've learned my lesson" schtick is just that, total BS!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Rex is the GM for the Bills also?? Does he collect 2 checks I wonder??  :animal0029:

Rex is the de facto GM for any organization he goes to. He owned both Tanny and Idzik while he was here, and now owns the GM over in Buffalo. His personality and presence overtake just about anybody in the front office.

Well you've changed your tune!

Now if the southerners are slow, and they are, what will, your staff be when he screws up? Dumb as rocks for ignoring the overwhelming evidence that he's garbage?

It's not a matter of changing my tune.  It's more about moving forward.  

Anyone who has witnessed Incognito in action off the field would have to agree that this jerk/bully should be flipping burgers not getting another chance in the NFL.

There is a video out there of him playing pool & bullying people around him, you can see patrons of the bar moving away with nervous smiles while he acts like a tough guy baffoon.

This guy needs 3 rounds with an MMA fighter to put him in his f*cking place!

The idea that Rex just had to have him in Buffalo is just another indication that Rex is just dumb when it comes to making personnel decisions. A tiger like Richie doesn't change his stripes, his "I've learned my lesson" schtick is just that, total BS!

Rex didn't make this decision alone.  Incognito was interviewed by the Pegulas, Whaley and Rex.  

Rex is the de facto GM for any organization he goes to. He owned both Tanny and Idzik while he was here, and now owns the GM over in Buffalo. His personality and presence overtake just about anybody in the front office.

Well you made the top echelon of the Rex haters club..LOL Yep Rex wanted both Revis and Cro gone and wanted Idzik to not spend millions on players the team needed.. I think Rex hatred really pushes some fans over the edge to total insanity.. :animal0029:  

Well you made the top echelon of the Rex haters club..LOL Yep Rex wanted both Revis and Cro gone and wanted Idzik to not spend millions on players the team needed.. I think Rex hatred really pushes some fans over the edge to totally insanity.. :animal0029:  

well................ I happen to agree with you here.  Hold the presses.

Rex's own words ..incognito was a " high priority signing for me when I got here "...Rex's words not mine, he can't run from that when it goes bad....scratch that of course he can, wasn't too long ago " I took the guy who will smash your face in "...became .." Idzik stuck Rex with a crappy safety "...

Don't know about Incognito, but Pryor was Idzik's pick.  Idzik personally went down to scout a Louisville-UCF (I think) game during the 2013 season and came back enamored with Pryor.  

Don't know about Incognito, but Pryor was Idzik's pick. Idzik personally went down to scout a Louisville-UCF (I think) game during the 2013 season and came back enamored with Pryor.

Understood , however " I picked the guy who will smash your face in "......Rex's words not mine.

Rex's own words ..incognito was a " high priority signing for me when I got here "...Rex's words not mine, he can't run from that when it goes bad....scratch that of course he can, wasn't too long ago " I took the guy who will smash your face in "...became .." Idzik stuck Rex with a crappy safety "...

Sort of like when the Jets drafted Sheldon it was that idiot Rex drafted a player that doesn't fit his system which became great pick by Idzik?? BTW I don't remember Idzik stuck Rex with a crappy safety, I do remember Pyror being used out of his normal position due to a weak and injured secondary the same reason safety Allen was switched to CB.. 

Understood , however " I picked the guy who will smash your face in "......Rex's words not mine.

Rex boasted about every single player on his roster no matter how good or bad they were.  He even publicly endorsed Vernon Gholston after he told Mangini he'd never draft the kid because he was a phony.  His endless and often unrealistic optimism is one of his biggest faults.  No matter who Idzik drafted, Rex would have said "I wanted this guy because...."

As somebody else pointed out, we're supposed to believe Rex was making the personnel decisions and he chose Dmitri Patterson over Darrelle Revis?

Rex boasted about every single player on his roster no matter how good or bad they were.  He even publicly endorsed Vernon Gholston after he told Mangini he'd never draft the kid because he was a phony.  His endless and often unrealistic optimism is one of his biggest faults.  No matter who Idzik drafted, Rex would have said "I wanted this guy because...."

As somebody else pointed out, we're supposed to believe Rex was making the personnel decisions and he chose Dmitri Patterson over Darrelle Revis?

Rex had his faults for sure but the Rex haters seem to think unless you demean him in every way possible your both a idiot and a bad Jet fan.. :winking0001:

From what I observed in the Rex Ryan era the Jets were unprepared most of the time and Rex was too "friendly" to his players which ultimately had them lacking discipline. They looked unprepared when they were playing games the past few seasons in which they lost a lot of those game.

Rex Ryan was too concerned with being the players best friend and it ultimately failed miserably and not that much concerned with the winning aspect.

Thank goodness Todd Bowles is the coach now he seems like a tough and winning oriented type of coach that will not take any nonsense from anyone on the roster. For example that's how Bill Belichick coaches and I hope one day Bowles wins a lot of games such as Belichick does with the Patriots. Bowles will get the Jets to be serious about winning and succeeding and I also heard he will be involved in both the offense and defense something Rex Ryan was never involved in. Bowles has a competent general manager who has a very good idea on what players to bring in to make the jets win unlike what Rex Ryan had with Idzik the last few seasons. I'm optimistic that the Bowles Era will be a success soon this season is a rebuilding season so if they struggle it will be tolerated. Go Jets! All the Success in the future! Lets Goooooooooo!

Talking up his players is a fault only a Jet fan can invent.  What is so bad about publicly talking up a player other than goofy ideas to demean the coach.  Rex has enough issues, being overly enthusiastic about his players isnt close to being an issue

It's not a matter of changing my tune.  It's more about moving forward.  

Took you a day though.  He went from a kid who was an outstanding player who was only part of a group of players who screwed up to something a little closer to what he is.

From what I observed in the Rex Ryan era the Jets were unprepared most of the time and Rex was too "friendly" to his players which ultimately had them lacking discipline. They looked unprepared when they were playing games the past few seasons in which they lost a lot of those game.

Rex Ryan was too concerned with being the players best friend and it ultimately failed miserably and not that much concerned with the winning aspect.

Thank goodness Todd Bowles is the coach now he seems like a tough and winning oriented type of coach that will not take any nonsense from anyone on the roster. For example that's how Bill Belichick coaches and I hope one day Bowles wins a lot of games such as Belichick does with the Patriots. Bowles will get the Jets to be serious about winning and succeeding and I also heard he will be involved in both the offense and defense something Rex Ryan was never involved in. Bowles has a competent general manager who has a very good idea on what players to bring in to make the jets win unlike what Rex Ryan had with Idzik the last few seasons. I'm optimistic that the Bowles Era will be a success soon this season is a rebuilding season so if they struggle it will be tolerated. Go Jets! All the Success in the future! Lets Goooooooooo!

If you look at most successful HC's one thing stands out does he have a exceptional QB.. Even BB who I think is a HOF HC had a 41-55 record in his first 6 years until Brady happened in 2001.. The Tuna with the Giants won with exceptional defense and competent QB play for the most part.. In 1998 Vinny had a exceptional year and the Jets went 12-4. In 1999 Vinny went down game one and the Jets started out 1-6 did the Tuna forget how to coach?? I agree on Bowles I'm optimistic as well and on the bright side he got 4-12 out of his system when he was the DC on the 4-12 2012 Eagle team.. :winking0001:

Talking up his players is a fault only a Jet fan can invent.  What is so bad about publicly talking up a player other than goofy ideas to demean the coach.  Rex has enough issues, being overly enthusiastic about his players isnt close to being an issue

It's a fact...he raved about everybody on the roster along with Idzik and kept saying he had great players when they were on pace for two wins.

As far as how it applies to the discussion we're having, it's unfair IMO to say we know Pryor was a Rex pick because he spoke highly of him after the draft and said "I took the guy....".  He would have said that no matter who they took.

Rex had his faults for sure but the Rex haters seem to think unless you demean him in every way possible your both a idiot and a bad Jet fan.. :winking0001:

You get it Savage...I liked Rex for a lot of reasons but he had his faults.  Too many posters see a comment like that and they stop reading after the "liked Rex" part and go on the offensive, insisting you're not a real Jets fan.  Insanity.

Rex boasted about every single player on his roster no matter how good or bad they were. He even publicly endorsed Vernon Gholston after he told Mangini he'd never draft the kid because he was a phony. His endless and often unrealistic optimism is one of his biggest faults. No matter who Idzik drafted, Rex would have said "I wanted this guy because...."

Time is a flat circle.

Didn't call anyone an idiot or a bad jet fan and would never do either....didn't even demean Rex , just quoted him....so ok ...oh and , Rex sucks.

Took you a day though.  He went from a kid who was an outstanding player who was only part of a group of players who screwed up to something a little closer to what he is.

Just a follow up to our posts here about Incognito

Buffalo Bills:  10 Players with the most to prove in 2015

Richie Incognito

Up until the bullying incident in Miami, veteran linemen Richie Incognito enjoyed a fairly solid career, calling the time away from the game a “very humbling experience” and something he’d like to turn the page on immediately. Buffalo didn’t waste any time helping that cause, signing the former Pro-Bowl guard early in the off season to solidify its weak interior line.

With the extra chip on his shoulder and a ground and pound offense that fits his bruising style, Richie can get back to what he does best. Incognito is also on a one-year prove-it deal so he’s got the rest of his career and plenty of Benjamins to play for in 2015.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/07/09/buffalo-bills-10-players-with-the-most-to-prove-in-2015/

Archived