2015 July MLB Trade Rumors

Jetlife33

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In what may be a thin market for bats, the Rangers have received plenty of calls on first baseman Mitch Moreland, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports.

He is very popular out here, it would have to be a good deal, or they will take a lot of heat.

Trade off, they found something in the physical they didn't like

It has been reported to be back on in the last 45 minutes.  From Fox Sports in the last hour:

10:44am: The Royals have struck a deal to acquire Johnny Cueto from the Reds, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter).

Cueto, 29, now sports a 2.62 ERA in 130 2/3 innings this year. He’s months from his first shot at free agency, and the fourth-place Reds have been heavily rumored to be shopping him. Along with the Royals, the Dodgers and Blue Jays were among teams that have been connected to Cueto. However, KC has come out on top.

The right-hander impressed in his final start as a member of the Reds when he threw eight shutout innings at Coors Field on Saturday night.  Just minutes prior to the game, Cueto wasn’t sure if he’d even be getting the start.  The possibility of a KC trade apparently was so close last night that pitcher Michael Lorenzen had been warming up before the game, prepared to take Cueto’s place.  The deal fell through, for a time, but the two teams reconnected Sunday morning to complete a swap.

It has been reported to be back on in the last 45 minutes. From Fox Sports in the last hour:

12:40pm: Manager Bryan Price told reporters that there has been “absolutely no movement” on a Cueto deal, John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer tweets. Price also denied that Lorenzen was warming up as a Plan B on Saturday night in case Cueto was dealt (link).

So confusing.

12:40pm: Manager Bryan Price told reporters that there has been “absolutely no movement” on a Cueto deal, John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer tweets. Price also denied that Lorenzen was warming up as a Plan B on Saturday night in case Cueto was dealt (link).

So confusing.

And, if its not confusing enough, then there is this:

Maybe the Yanks can get it on Hamels.  Do they have the prospects?

Yankees were reported to be interested and have the prospects to do it. Thing is, the Yanks don't want to part with those prospect nor do I want them to. Judge, Severino, Bird, Sanchez. Definitely could get it done. Yanks seem to only be willing to part with Sanchez, which I'm fine with. 

It has been reported to be back on in the last 45 minutes.  From Fox Sports in the last hour:

Yep, I am wrong, it went through.

My apologies.  I thought I heard on MLB network that it was off, but apparently I heard wrong, or it went through anyway.

My apologies.  I thought I heard on MLB network that it was off, but apparently I heard wrong, or it went through anyway.

It may have been off when you heard it.  This deal was on and off again a couple of times.

My apologies. I thought I heard on MLB network that it was off, but apparently I heard wrong, or it went through anyway.

Don't know enough of about them to say, I know Lamb is highly touted if I'm not mistaken.

The Dodgers view Rangers pitcher Yovani Gallardo as a backup plan if they do not land Cole Hamels or David Price, a source tells Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (on Twitter). It was reported last week that the Rangers are listening on Gallardo.

Archived