Pierre-Paul Fireworks Accident (MERGED)

KRL

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna laugh. Is it okay if I laugh?

Is chortling exceptable?

How about a sh*t-eating grin?

If this happened to Revis or Wilkerson Giants fans would be throwing a party right now.

I feel bad for the guy but he's not blameless in this nobody told him to play with fireworks.

I don't see why people are making a big deal of JPP not being around the Giants' facility this off-season.  After all, the man had a fireworks show to plan and set-up.  Can't wait to see what he comes up with next year.  

During the fireworks show, a neighbor tweeted out that they feared for the safety of their home.

This is the sh*t I don't understand with fireworks. Just go somewhere to watch them professionally done. The sh*t that people do in their own neighborhoods, I've seen neighbors wreck their own property or the property of others, or even worse, another person...and then between scaring the **** out of all the dogs on the block or blowing your hand off. I dunno, it's always struck me as a really stupid thing to bother with. That idiot in Maine ******* killed himself last night.

Really good friend of mine has bad PTSD from Iraq. He has to leave the city and go camping waaaaay the **** out every 4th.

If this happened to Revis or Wilkerson Giants fans would be throwing a party right now.

Absolutely true. When Revis tore his ACL in 2012, I vividly remember numerous Giants fans that I knew laughing it up, and practically celebrating.

I feel bad for the guy but he's not blameless in this nobody told him to play with fireworks.

Exactly. It was self-inflicted. Doesn't mean I didn't cringe when I first read about it, because I did, and it doesn't mean that I don't have some sympathy for the guy, because I do. But the accident was the result of his actions--actions that a lot of people think are foolish and dangerous, and would not attempt themselves.

Hopefully he comes out of this with the full use of his hand and can laugh about this later.

Not funny at all to me and way beyond the friendly rivalry w giants fans. I hope JPP is okay and has a full recovery.

Rivalry is anything but friendly Giants fans hate the Jets and the media is all too willing to pile on us anytime Rex said anything in a press conference or the team sucked.

I hope JPP is ok but srsly f the Giants.

Absolutely true. When Revis tore his ACL in 2012, I vividly remember numerous Giants fans that I knew laughing it up, and practically celebrating.

I had " classy " Yankee fans that I work with high fiving and celebrating when Matt Harvey was diagnosed for Tommy John.

Heard an interview once with JPP where he was trying to rep some Axe body wash. Legitimately thought the dude was brain dead. Cowherd had to help him formulate full sentences. To talk about soap.

Scroll down to the video you betta..  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25233800/report-jason-pierre-paul-severely-injures-hand-in-fireworks-accident  I would like to know what he got on his wonderlic test??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500185/article/new-york-giants-pull-60m-offer-to-jason-pierrepaul

New York Giants pull $60M offer to Jason Pierre-Paul

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: July 6, 2015 at 01:05 p.m. Updated: July 6, 2015 at 01:19 p.m.

The New York Giants are withdrawing their $60 million long-term contract offer to Jason Pierre-Paul following the star pass rusher's fireworks incident over the weekend, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, per three sources informed of the situation.

JPP suffered a hand injury Saturday night while attempting to light fireworks. He required hospitalization. Rapoport reported JPP's hand will be intact, and as of Sunday night, doctors were still examining for nerve damage and other issues related to the incident.

Given the timing of the event and the apparent judgment displayed, the Giants do not believe a long-term offer is in the best interest of those involved at this point, per Rapoport.

Big Blue's decision is not expected to alter the current situation, however, since the defensive end was not planning on accepting the deal prior to the July 15 deadline for franchise tagged players to reach extensions.

It appears JPP, 26, is set to play 2015 on the $14.8 million franchise tag. Pierre-Paul has yet to sign the tender.

The Giants are still in the process of doing due diligence to learn the specifics of the injury and any possible effects.

A Giants spokesman told Rapoport: "Our first concern is for JPP's well-being."

Pierre-Paul earned 12.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 2014, starting 16 games for the first time in his career.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast welcomes back Lindsay Rhodes to recap Antonio Gates' suspension and the 'Top 100' rankings. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

In the wake of Jason Pierre-Paul's self-inflicted hand injury from shooting off fireworks on July 4, the Giants have reportedly rescinded a long-term contract offer they had on the table. 

NFL Media's Ian Rapport reported on Monday that the Giants pulled their $60 million contract offer after Pierre-Paul burned his hand and fingers lighting fireworks, requiring hospitalization at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500185/article/new-york-giants-pull-60m-offer-to-jason-pierrepaul

New York Giants pull $60M offer to Jason Pierre-Paul

By Kevin Patra

Around the NFL writer

Published: July 6, 2015 at 01:05 p.m. Updated: July 6, 2015 at 01:19 p.m.

The New York Giants are withdrawing their $60 million long-term contract offer to Jason Pierre-Paul following the star pass rusher's fireworks incident over the weekend, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, per three sources informed of the situation.

JPP suffered a hand injury Saturday night while attempting to light fireworks. He required hospitalization. Rapoport reported JPP's hand will be intact, and as of Sunday night, doctors were still examining for nerve damage and other issues related to the incident.

Given the timing of the event and the apparent judgment displayed, the Giants do not believe a long-term offer is in the best interest of those involved at this point, per Rapoport.

Big Blue's decision is not expected to alter the current situation, however, since the defensive end was not planning on accepting the deal prior to the July 15 deadline for franchise tagged players to reach extensions.

It appears JPP, 26, is set to play 2015 on the $14.8 million franchise tag. Pierre-Paul has yet to sign the tender.

The Giants are still in the process of doing due diligence to learn the specifics of the injury and any possible effects.

A Giants spokesman told Rapoport: "Our first concern is for JPP's well-being."

Pierre-Paul earned 12.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 2014, starting 16 games for the first time in his career.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast welcomes back Lindsay Rhodes to recap Antonio Gates' suspension and the 'Top 100' rankings. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

This has got to rank up there as one of the single stupidest things a person has ever done.  60 million on the table and you decide you want to play with fireworks???    I swear you truly can not make this ish up....   

99309385_Facepalm_xlarge.jpeg

He was not going to sign that long term deal most likely- so no effect on that- Common sense is not what got most of these guys to the pro level

Exactly.   I can't believe all the indignation about guys smoking weed and blowing stuff up.  I can't believe that people are shocked that guys that spend their entire lives honing a lack of concern for their physical well-being would not make the most prudent long term decisions.

I will never understand Jets fans who have a hard on for the Giants. You hate a team we play every 4 years?

Almost as bad as Mets fans who spend more time worrying about the Yankees rather than the Nats or a Braves team that beat the sh*t out of them for almost 2 decades.

I will never understand Jets fans who have a hard on for the Giants. You hate a team we play every 4 years?

Almost as bad as Mets fans who spend more time worrying about the Yankees rather than the Nats or a Braves team that beat the sh*t out of them for almost 2 decades.

It's not so much the team as it's the classless a$$hole fans we have to put up with all the time. Not to mention that the Giants stole OBJ right from under us. So yeah, **** them.

Archived