Just re-watched Francessa's post-Idzik presser rant

FSU_Jet

Holy crap that was awesome... not sure if anyone remembers, but shortly after Idzik's mid-season press conference, Francessa absolutely TORE into Idzik and the Jets. Probably one of, if not the, best Francessa rants I've ever listened to. Up there with the "THEY STINK" Mets rant from a few years ago. Does anyone else remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-rAu4TtTmM

Anyone who wasn't a relative of Idzik had to know after that presser that Idzik was totally clueless and the truth is Fran was like a broken clock right for once.

Idzik had the nerve in that press conference to say that the Jets were a talented team. A Talented Team!!

Good Grief!!

Anyone who wasn't a relative of Idzik had to know after that presser that Idzik was totally clueless and the truth is Fran was like a broken clock right for once.

Idzik had the nerve in that press conference to say that the Jets were a talented team. A Talented Team!!

Good Grief!!

LOL there were so many WTF moments in there. It's like Idzik was watching a different team out there from the rest of us. Like, how the **** can he say that Geno was good or that they had in faith in him? The day after the threw THREE INTERCEPTIONS IN A QUARTER?!?!

This guy was a ******* MORON plain and simple!

Francessa had so many quotables in that rant. "You know how long it took a Jet receiver to get 157 yards? THREE YEARS!!!" Francessa is a douche at times, but when he's on, he's absolutely on.

We probably could have bumped the thread from 8 months ago.

You're right, let's keep talking about Sheldon smoking weed. This off-season is boring as sh*t, how can you keep talking about the same topics all the time? Besides, it's never too excessive to talk about how much Idzik sucked.

Francessa had so many quotables in that rant. "You know how long it took a Jet receiver to get 157 yards? THREE YEARS!!!" Francessa is a douche at times, but when he's on, he's absolutely on.

This was and is a hilarious line... LOL funny!! :character0069:

I can't listen to him today, why listen to him kill your team months after the fact.

Talk about being a masochist

I remember him ripping Sanchez for eating a hot dog on the sideline.

Well..he was right.   Mark, after winning game one in Philly goes to PATS and Genos.  How'd that work out?

He was right on Idzik and REX too.

Francessa was good 20 years ago...its time to retire but it doesnt make him wrong.

Holy crap that was awesome... not sure if anyone remembers, but shortly after Idzik's mid-season press conference, Francessa absolutely TORE into Idzik and the Jets. Probably one of, if not the, best Francessa rants I've ever listened to. Up there with the "THEY STINK" Mets rant from a few years ago. Does anyone else remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-rAu4TtTmM

Mike Francesa has always been spot-on when it comes to the Jets.

And it irks some Jets fans because his observations are always about something they did that was incredibly stupid.

SAR I

Well..he was right.   Mark, after winning game one in Philly goes to PATS and Genos.  How'd that work out?

Francessa was good 20 years ago...its time to retire but it doesnt make him wrong.

He keeps saying he wants to retire.   Please by all means.

Which has what to do with listening to him rip the Jets? What's the point in rehashing and taking joy in it?

And he's been wrong more often than right. Especially given the reasons he rips the Jets.

Mike Francesa has always been spot-on when it comes to the Jets.

And it irks some Jets fans because his observations are always about something they did that was incredibly stupid.

SAR I

You speaking for Jets fans is almost as pointless as you attempting to talk football.

F Mike F

F Idzik

this guy is a parasite of the worst sort ... I hope jets fans realize the roster we now have can be at least 50% attributed to Idzik's fiscal policies. He gave us a lot of financial flexibility ... I like what the new guys have done .. hopefully it will translate into Wins ! but the ability to have an all out FA shopping splurge was 100 due to Idzik.

His biggest flaw was his inability to draft talent.

this guy is a parasite of the worst sort ... I hope jets fans realize the roster we now have can be at least 50% attributed to Idzik's fiscal policies. He gave us a lot of financial flexibility ... I like what the new guys have done .. hopefully it will translate into Wins ! but the ability to have an all out FA shopping splurge was 100 due to Idzik.

His biggest flaw was his inability to draft talent.

I always give head coaches and GM's credit for knowing far more than any of us armchair critics who pretend to be experts on the NFL.  However, Idzik did not make a single transaction in regards to cutting salary that any of us wouldn't have made.  He had bloated contracts that he got rid of or didn't renew...most of them were moves that almost every fan on this forum said had to be made.  And yes, by completely throwing away last season by ignoring our most glaring needs he made more money available instead of adding pieces to a team that went 8-8 the season before. 

I still hold out hope for some of his draft picks but that's about it.

Holy crap that was awesome... 

Agreed. MF is at his best when he's animated and in this case taking the Jets to the woodshed while being spot on was very low hanging fruit.  

The shots at Jet Nation and 'Play like a Jet' were gratuitous, but we have to laugh.   

And Geno's stat line?  2-8 for 5 yds and 3 INT? That's the Geno too many of us conveniently forget. 

Which has what to do with listening to him rip the Jets? What's the point in rehashing and taking joy in it?

And he's been wrong more often than right. Especially given the reasons he rips the Jets.

I dont listen to him, I live in NC. Once in a blue moon I stream him.

I however try to be objective.  The JETS have deserved all the BS he has thrown at them since 2011.

We have sh*t the bed from the owner down to the coaching staff.

You want to pretend we had a strong or even mediocre  management team and Francessa is a douche...  fine.  

We agree he is a douche.

I hope jets fans realize the roster we now have can be at least 50% attributed to Idzik's fiscal policies. He gave us a lot of financial flexibility ... I like what the new guys have done .. but the ability to have an all out FA shopping splurge was 100 due to Idzik.

:face:  Every single thread that appropriately bashes our former GM results in someone making a feeble attempt to make this point.  What player did Idiotzik release that was not a 100% obvious cut at the time based upon salary and performance?  Sanchez? Scott? Holmes? Pace? Cromartie? 

Then the inevitable next point is, "well he didn't spend a lot last offseason so now they have money to spend."  Correct and they were 4 and 12.  So apparently sitting on your hands and not even attempting to improve the team's crater-like holes creates cap space - brilliant. 

You know what else creates cap space?  Drafting horribly so that you do not have to spend a lot of money resigning players after their rookie contracts are up.

Archived