Leaving the scene of an accident.

joewilly12

Some low life scumbag loser hit my wife's new car today at her work in a parking deck and they left the scene the rear bumper is damaged big time the car has 2000 miles Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.

Im pissed security is reviewing the security cameras the police are involved as well I'm going to press charges and nail the bastard to the fullest extent and make them pay for a very costly repair or replacement of the  entire rear bumper along with a rental car. 

Ok i vented DAMMIT 

Some low life scumbag loser hit my wife's new car today at her work in a parking deck and they left the scene the rear bumper is damaged big time the car has 2000 miles Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.

Im pissed security is reviewing the security cameras the police are involved as well I'm going to press charges and nail the bastard to the fullest extent and make them pay for a very costly repair or replacement of the  entire rear bumper along with a rental car. 

Ok i vented DAMMIT 

I wish you the best of luck. H&R's are hard to prove unless a witness calls right away and we can find the car within a short period. Over here at least you need to have 1) Crystal Clear CCTV showing the accident AND driver or 2) A driver dumb enough to admit to doing it.

It's frustrating for victims and for us trying to catch the SOBs.

That sucks.  Where do you live?  Usually you'd have collision on a new car.  Your insurance should pay for everything minus deductible.  If you get the cars plate from the CCTV, your insurance should go after them for everything and save you the trouble and you just demand that they pay the deductible. Do everything that you can, but don't sweat it too much and let it consume you.  Thank God she wasn't in the car.

Update the cameras they say weren't working some security system yet a few months ago at a gathering a co-worker of hers told me they caught an employee on those very same cameras having sex in her car not far from where my wife parks so I guess they only work when its convenient for them. 

The damage pisses me off more than anything I'm going to file a claim with the employers insurance company against my wife's wishes I think they assume some type of liability with the fact they require her to park in the parking deck.

Years ago my dads car got railed by a shopping cart in CostCo parking lot and they paid him $250 towards $700 worth of damages. 

Im waiting for a call back from my insurance company my deductible is $500 I want the entire bumper replaced along with anything attached I'm sure that will be a battle but i have good insurance and been with them a long time. 

People do suck and I wish them ill will for doing this. 

Ok i vented DAMMIT

Glad your wife is ok.

Update the cameras they say weren't working some security system yet a few months ago at a gathering a co-worker of hers told me they caught an employee on those very same cameras having sex in her car not far from where my wife parks so I guess they only work when its convenient for them. 

The damage pisses me off more than anything I'm going to file a claim with the employers insurance company against my wife's wishes I think they assume some type of liability with the fact they require her to park in the parking deck.

Years ago my dads car got railed by a shopping cart in CostCo parking lot and they paid him $250 towards $700 worth of damages. 

Im waiting for a call back from my insurance company my deductible is $500 I want the entire bumper replaced along with anything attached I'm sure that will be a battle but i have good insurance and been with them a long time. 

Tell me more about the female employee having sex in her car, please......

Look, it sucks and you are most certainly a victim and it is most certainly going to cost you money. You are going to be inconvenienced from an administrative standpoint and getting any sort of justice is going to be mind-bogglingly frustrating.

But

Your wife was not in the car. Nobody was in the car.

It's just a car. And it's just money. It's just stuff. People first, stuff second. Always, always, always.

I know. I've had it happen to me and it sucks. Don't let it consume all your time. If they can't find the guy, you may just want to consider writing a check for the $850, moving on, and considering yourself lucky that she didn't get hurt.

Take the car to a shop you trust first and have the carrier go and look at it there.  The insurance appraiser will always lowball you.  The guy from the shop will look it over and be able to show them everything that has to be fixed.  They offered up a new bumper, taillights and body work on a friend's car that was hit in the rear.  Took it to the shop and you could see that the passenger side doors were knocked forward and one was bowed.  They wouldn't have paid it if the shop didn't have them come back out and look.  You think it is more convenient to take have them come to you, but it you end up getting less money to fix it. 

$850.00 worth of damage $500.00 deductible if I go threw insurance my rates will rise DAMMIT 

850 for the whole bumper? Sounds cheap.  I guess I didn't give you the above advice in time.  Sorry.   :(

Vehicle repaired back to new status the shop did an excellent job knowing how I am. Still waiting for a reply from the wife's companies insurance company checkbook $850.00 lighter this week. 

If I ever catch the bastard I'm going to jail because they will get a beat down. 

Vehicle repaired back to new status the shop did an excellent job knowing how I am. Still waiting for a reply from the wife's companies insurance company checkbook $850.00 lighter this week. 

If I ever catch the bastard I'm going to jail because they will get a beat down. 

Meh, Karma will take care of them.  It always does.  You just enjoy your family and have an extra large meal tonight. 

Archived