Ex Jet Jerricho Cotchery's house on the market Watchung N.J

joewilly12

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/07/ex-jets_receiver_jerricho_cotchery_selling_his_nj.html

Cotchery's Watchung mansion is on the market. He wants $1.75 million for it, so start digging around in your couch cushions for spare change. The estimated mortgage is only $8,455 per month if you make a $350,000 down payment! 

(Check out the photo gallery atop this post for some images of Cotchery's pad.)

According to Realtor.com, Cotchery bought his mansion in 2008 for $1.6 million. The home, built in 2007, includes five bedrooms, six full bathrooms (plus a partial bathroom), and has 14 total rooms. It is a 9,000 square feet. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/07/ex-jets_receiver_jerricho_cotchery_selling_his_nj.html

Cotchery's Watchung mansion is on the market. He wants $1.75 million for it, so start digging around in your couch cushions for spare change. The estimated mortgage is only $8,455 per month if you make a $350,000 down payment! 

(Check out the photo gallery atop this post for some images of Cotchery's pad.)

According to Realtor.com, Cotchery bought his mansion in 2008 for $1.6 million. The home, built in 2007, includes five bedrooms, six full bathrooms (plus a partial bathroom), and has 14 total rooms. It is a 9,000 square feet. 

Wow, do I pay a premium for living so close to Manhattan or what?  I'd take it but it's too far for the commute.

This feels almost as good as when I was flying in business class and Air Supply was flying coach.  They were what I aspired to be when I was younger, so handsome, so talented, so famous, yet they were back there and I was up front. 

SAR I

This feels almost as good as when I was flying in business class and Air Supply was flying coach.  They were what I aspired to be when I was younger, so handsome, so talented, so famous, yet they were back there and I was up front. 

Odd. With your glory days so far behind you because of your age and the way you over-inflate your wealth, I would have thought you aspired to be Greece.

Wow, do I pay a premium for living so close to Manhattan or what?  I'd take it but it's too far for the commute.

SAR I

I figured you would chime in with some obnoxious comment once again involving money and wealth.

Give it s rest the idea here is Jets fans on common ground talking about football.

We all put our pants on 1 leg at a time. 

So...he bought at the top, rode out the downturn and if he gets his price will have barely broken even.

I bet the taxes on the house are $25,000 to $35,000.

I still wish he remained a JET!

I bought in 2007, my house is still worth 15-20% less then I paid, he's doing very well if he breaks even

Odd. With your glory days so far behind you because of your age and the way you over-inflate your wealth, I would have thought you aspired to be Greece.

Well played sir!

So...he bought at the top, rode out the downturn and if he gets his price will have barely broken even.

I bet the taxes on the house are $25,000 to $35,000.

I still wish he remained a JET!

If the house was built in 2007 and he bought it (new) in 2008, I can't imagine he's anywhere close to breaking even when all the dust has settled. 

I figured you would chime in with some obnoxious comment once again involving money and wealth.

Give it s rest the idea here is Jets fans on common ground talking about football.

We all put our pants on 1 leg at a time. 

Speak for yourself. I jump into my pants, two legs at a time. Ain't nobody got time for that one-legged, working-for-the-man style of putting your pants on that you're talking about. 

SAR I

Your one story house in Emerson doesn't impress anyone.  Same with your 1999 beamer.

If the house was built in 2007 and he bought it (new) in 2008, I can't imagine he's anywhere close to breaking even when all the dust has settled. 

Pretty sad... not sure how NY/NJ is doing but real estate is BOOMING here in Charlotte and Raleigh.

Companies from NY, NJ, PA,OHIO are moving here in record numbers and pushing home prices upward.

In fact, difficult to find a nice home. It is a sellers market.

I bought in 2007, my house is still worth 15-20% less then I paid, he's doing very well if he breaks even

I bought mine in 2012. My house went up about 30% in value over that time. I, of course, don't live in NJ as Im in Dallas. 

SAR I

You didn't happen to see who was flying in First Class did you? Might have caught a glimpse of me. 

Honestly, what do you do with 9,000 square feet? It's like Brady and Giselle's 20,000 sqft California complex, that's like a f*cking Ikea, what do you do with all that space?

Multiple paintings of yourself as a centaur, Greco-Roman wrestling matches with Madonna...etc. The usual.

Pretty sad... not sure how NY/NJ is doing but real estate is BOOMING here in Charlotte and Raleigh.

Companies from NY, NJ, PA,OHIO are moving here in record numbers and pushing home prices upward.

In fact, difficult to find a nice home. It is a sellers market.

I was just referring to what they said, that he bought it basically new. At first glance, while it's a big house, it looks nowhere near the size of a 9000 SF house. Then I can see a bunch of dormers, which might indicate he had the attic finished to make a 3rd floor of living space. Plus, assuming you're a homeowner yourself, you know there's a whole lot of $ put into a home after it's bought (independent of finishing the attic).

Frankly the house is just weird-looking and the yard is like non-existent because it's so far back from the road (for a house on a 1 acre lot) plus a 2nd driveway that leads to a rear-facing garage. Really, it's stupid. Looks like he has more asphalt than grass. I don't know who has a big enough family to want a 9000 SF house to furnish, out in the sticks, but who wants no usable property. Talk about a limited demographic to sell to. At least it seems the lot next door is undeveloped, but that can change.

Property values in the NE have gone up for a lot of people. Depends what the baseline was. If you bought at the peak of the market I think most people have met or exceeded their purchase price by now (and certainly exceeded it if the amount of work was put in that Cotchery appears to have done). But his house is now the most expensive in the area by a good margin and I'll bet it wasn't when he bought it. That's never good for getting value for what one put into it.

Shame, really, because from the interior it looks like he and his wife have nice taste. The problem is the design itself. So if that much was to be put into the house, hopefully they just accepted it was mostly going right down the toilet to be more comfortable for the past 7 years since they certainly have the means. But as an investment they were throwing a lot into a house/property that won't carry and return the benefit 9000 SF. And that's also assuming it's really 9000 SF and not "living space" like I've been referring to, where he's counting the finished basement (or even the garage) as part of the square footage.

I was just referring to what they said, that he bought it basically new. At first glance, while it's a big house, it looks nowhere near the size of a 9000 SF house. Then I can see a bunch of dormers, which might indicate he had the attic finished to make a 3rd floor of living space. Plus, assuming you're a homeowner yourself, you know there's a whole lot of $ put into a home after it's bought (independent of finishing the attic).

Frankly the house is just weird-looking and the yard is like non-existent because it's so far back from the road (for a house on a 1 acre lot) plus a 2nd driveway that leads to a rear-facing garage. Really, it's stupid. Looks like he has more asphalt than grass. I don't know who has a big enough family to want a 9000 SF house to furnish, out in the sticks, but who wants no usable property. Talk about a limited demographic to sell to. At least it seems the lot next door is undeveloped, but that can change.

Property values in the NE have gone up for a lot of people. Depends what the baseline was. If you bought at the peak of the market I think most people have met or exceeded their purchase price by now (and certainly exceeded it if the amount of work was put in that Cotchery appears to have done). But his house is now the most expensive in the area by a good margin and I'll bet it wasn't when he bought it. That's never good for getting value for what one put into it.

Shame, really, because from the interior it looks like he and his wife have nice taste. The problem is the design itself. So if that much was to be put into the house, hopefully they just accepted it was mostly going right down the toilet to be more comfortable for the past 7 years since they certainly have the means. But as an investment they were throwing a lot into a house/property that won't carry and return the benefit 9000 SF. And that's also assuming it's really 9000 SF and not "living space" like I've been referring to, where he's counting the finished basement (or even the garage) as part of the square footage.

Will you go to IKEA with me?

Will you go to IKEA with me?

I'm a lousy shopper. After someone else has done it and put everything together I like saying if it's nice or not.

Probably not as useful. :)

And I've just seen a lot of pictures of things. It's not like I have a 9000 SF house (or anything close to it) to compare.

Honestly, what do you do with 9,000 square feet? It's like Brady and Giselle's 20,000 sqft California complex, that's like a f*cking Ikea, what do you do with all that space?

9K sqft isn't all that much. I mean I have a 3200 sqft house for three people and it feels pretty congested at times. 9k means big comfortable rooms. Its really just a very average mansion at best. 

Let's see how much it's worth if oil stays at 55 dollars!

There's a lot more going on in Texas besides oil. The super high tax states of NY, NJ, Illinois and Massachusetts lost 5 seats in Congress in the 2010 election. Texas picked up 4, Florida grabbed 2, Arizona and SC picked up a seat each. There's a theme here.

There's a lot more going on in Texas besides oil. The super high tax states of NY, NJ, Illinois and Massachusetts lost 5 seats in Congress in the 2010 election. Texas picked up 4, Florida grabbed 2, Arizona and SC picked up a seat each. There's a theme here.

It's really impressive to live in an area that is growing. Charlotte right now, and for the past 20 years is booming.

It's not perfect but People love living here. I LOVE IT here.

I do not miss traffic, high property taxes, heavy government involvement.

It's really impressive to live in an area that is growing. Charlotte right now, and for the past 20 years is booming.

By loving it, you mean hitting on UNC co-eds like a creepy old man :)

I know a lot of people have relocated to that area from up here and are very happy there.

IMO, there is no where else in the world with the activity level the NYC Metro area has.

You can get to anything you want to within 2 hours.

My primary residence will never be 50 miles outside NYC.

I would terribly miss the culture, the sports, the food, the pace, the attitude, the four seasons, the diversity.

We do pay more for real estate and taxes but I look at that as the vig for living in an area that offers so much.

Hey, it's whatever makes you happy.

Your one story house in Emerson doesn't impress anyone.  Same with your 1999 beamer.

Not in Emerson, better than that, 3 stories, 2015 4 Series.  I have a beach house in Maine too.

Impressed now?

SAR I

Archived