Other than QB, what position do you view as 2015 Jets biggest question mark?

SouthernJet

I think Mac and Jets have made great off-season strides and improved in many areas. We have enough Geno/QNB threads so: 

Other than QB, what position do you view as 2015 Jets biggest question mark?

I will go with Offensive Line. We've added depth but I fear we don't have enough 'great depth' if a major injury or even multiple guys dinged up at same time occurs.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Tight End - with Jace Amaro moving to H-back the Jets need a real Te to emerge( can block and catch)

2. cb- while clearly better than last year, there still are questions with that group. What are the jets going to get out of Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine . Two other Cb's who are trying to get out of training camp healthy( Mcdougle, and Dee Milliner)

1. Tight End - with Jace Amaro moving to H-back the Jets need a real Te to emerge( can block and catch)

2. cb- while clearly better than last year, there still are questions with that group. What are the jets going to get out of Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine . Two other Cb's who are trying to get out of training camp healthy( Mcdougle, and Dee Milliner)

Lolwut? CB is the most solid position on the roster after the DL.

I'd go with OLB. I think the issues with the OL are overblown.

Lolwut? CB is the most solid position on the roster after the DL.

I'd go with OLB. I think the issues with the OL are overblown.

Homerifcraiderfan is dead set on trying to convince us we didnt upgrade at CB.  lol  

The biggest question mark is Head Coach. Period. 

The talent is there now.  No excuse outside of QB.

This has to be a joke. No one can be this lost

This has to be a joke. No one can be this lost

Jets signed a lot of big name Free agent cb's, that doesn't necessarily mean the problem was fixed.( a lot of questions still with that group) No sense arguing now, as we just wait and see what happens during the season.

There are many more question marks on this team than most fans would like to admit.  Even the perceived strengths of the team aren't full proof.

DL - Richardson's suspension, Wilkerson's unhappiness with his contract, rookie first rounder

WR - Marshall's injuries and age, rookie second rounder, Kerley's decline

RB - Ridley's injury, Stacy's decline

CB - Revis' age, Cromartie's injuries and age, injury prone depth

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a fairly strong team with a good chance to make some things happen this year.  However, the NFL is a strange world where a couple of injuries or a couple of unforeseen circumstances / lack of chemistry can make a huge difference and result in more losses than expected.

I think the Jets have a good mix of veterans and talented youth.  I just hope the coaching staff can put everything together and lead the team into the playoffs.  No position is a given in my opinion.

There are many more question marks on this team than most fans would like to admit.  Even the perceived strengths of the team aren't full proof.

DL - Richardson's suspension, Wilkerson's unhappiness with his contract, rookie first rounder

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a fairly strong team with a good chance to make some things happen this year.  However, the NFL is a strange world where a couple of injuries or a couple of unforeseen circumstances / lack of chemistry can make a huge difference and result in more losses than expected.

I think the Jets have a good mix of veterans and talented youth.  I just hope the coaching staff can put everything together and lead the team into the playoffs.  No position is a given in my opinion.

LOL none of those are question marks whatsoever. I have no doubt that so long as Geno can play league-average, the Jets make it to the Super Bowl. Zero doubt whatsoever.

Jets signed a lot of big name Free agent cb's, that doesn't necessarily mean the problem was fixed.( a lot of questions still with that group) No sense arguing now, as we just wait and see what happens during the season.

This might be as rediculous a use of a cliche as it gets. Out of a unit hat is two players they signed the top cover corner and another top third of the league corner. But you spun the big negative pin wheel and came up with this nonsense. At least people who understand the game have come up with real answers.

Wait,me engine is aging? Get the...

This might be as rediculous a use of a cliche as it gets. Out of a unit hat is two players they signed the top cover corner and another top third of the league corner. But you spun the big negative pin wheel and came up with this nonsense. At least people who understand the game have come up with real answers.

Hitting the bottle a little early are we?

The real answer is when they start to play the games, and we see how those older Cb's perform. You can tell me how great those big named Cb's are going to perform, but let's see if that is the case. See Eagles when they thought they fixed their cb situation in Fa, and it didn't exactly turn out the way they had expected.

Cb's over thirty their skills can deteriorate very fast. The Jets are counting on two such guys. Good luck. Jet fans couldn't run Antonio Cromartie fast enough out of town after 2013, now all of the sudden he's this top cb in 2015. Buster Skrine is a fine nickel cb ,but he still 5'9 and going to have his trouble with the big Wr's.

Who knows what Milliner and Mcdougle are going to give the Jets.( two big unknowns).

Add it all up and the Cb position is a major question mark for the Jets.

Hitting the bottle a little early are we?

The real answer is when they start to play the games, and we see how those older Cb's perform. You can tell me how great those big named Cb's are going to perform, but let's see if that is the case. See Eagles when they thought they fixed their cb situation in Fa, and it didn't exactly turn out the way they had expected.

Cb's over thirty their skills can deteriorate very fast. The Jets are counting on two such guys. Good luck. Jet fans couldn't run Antonio Cromartie fast enough out of town after 2013, now all of the sudden he's this top cb in 2015. Buster Skrine is a fine nickel cb ,but he still 5'9 and going to have his trouble with the big Wr's.

Who knows what Milliner and Mcdougle are going to give the Jets.( two big unknowns).

Add it all up and the Cb position is a major question mark for the Jets.

The Jet corners, one is the best the other is one of the best but a year later are too old. How's Woodson? Shrine is is a fine nickel but to the Raider homer just became 5' 9". He covered fine in the past but as a Jet height will now be an issue.

Keep praying and hoping. Only a fool would list CB as a concern for the Jets.

A major question mark! Lol, you're so clueless.

The Jet corners, one is the best the other is one of the best but a year later are too old. How's Woodson? Shrine is is a fine nickel but to the Raider homer just became 5' 9". He covered fine in the past but as a Jet height will now be an issue.

Keep praying and hoping. Only a fool would list CB as a concern for the Jets.

A major question mark! Lol, you're so clueless.

Revis isn't the best cb in the game anymore- not even close. that player doesn't exist anymore. Still a top tier cb though.( again a cb skill can deteriorate real fast after thirty- fact). A Cromartie isn't one of the best cb's. Again you really think he is than expect to be severely disappointed there. So your position is Buster Skrine lack of height isn't going to be a problem. Again there is a reason Skrine has had so many pass interference calls- tall wr have given him problems.

There is a reason teams that win big in free agency, usually don't see the results they expected.

Listen we both stated our position, let's wait till after the season, and see who was right on this one.

Revis isn't the best cb in the game anymore- not even close. that player doesn't exist anymore. Still a top tier cb though.( again a cb skill can deteriorate real fast after thirty- fact). A Cromartie isn't one of the best cb's. Again you really think he is than expect to be severely disappointed there. So your position is Buster Skrine lack of height isn't going to be a problem. Again there is a reason Skrine has had so many pass interference calls- tall wr have given him problems.

There is a reason teams that win big in free agency, usually don't see the results they expected.

Listen we both stated our position, let's wait till after the season, and see who was right on this one.

You leave in a silver and black fantasy world. Revis isn't the top corner. Good for you. He ranks one or two depending on who you ask but you know better. Cro ranked 19. Given there are 64 starting cbs you're right, not good for a number 2 corner.

We should worry about cb

You leave in a silver and black fantasy world. Revis isn't the top corner. Good for you. He ranks one or two depending on who you ask but you know better. Cro ranked 19. Given there are 64 starting cbs you're right, not good for a number 2 corner.

We should worry about cb

You crack me up all last year Jet fans correctly pointed out he wasn't the same Revis( leading up to Pats game- see P Harvin beating Revis a couple times deep that a better Qb doesn't miss). Now that he's back with the Jets, and he still the best cb in the game. ( who isn't living in reality- still top tier cb though more like 5-10 ) The least of Jet problems at cb.

No offensive coordinator is afraid of Antonio Cromartie. Jet fans don't even trust the guy, and think Mcdougle can take over his spot at some point.( how is that possible with the 19th rank Cb in football Lol).

Here is a little except from Cleveland Browns Web site comparing Kareem Jackson and Buster Skrine. http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/3/7/8169011/kareem-jacksons-contract-and-buster-skrine

"Jackson and Skrine have comparable ball skills. Skrine is a bit better versus smaller, shiftier receivers while Jackson is miles and miles better than Skrine against bigger receivers. The moral of this story is that Jackson should net a bigger deal than Buster Skrine...but we'll see what his agent thinks."

Again the book on Buster Skrine is he has trouble dealing with tall Wr's. Nah he was ranked 23 by jet nut on his top cb's in the NFL.

Not even close.  But still a top tier CB.  But not even close, guys

DL, WR, CB are the best units on the team.

lmfao

LOL

C'mon ya got to give the guy at least one game.

But thats why he's the question mark.  We literally know exactly what we have at every single position.  The only real question mark on the team is do we have for a Head Coach.  

But thats why he's the question mark.  We literally know exactly what we have at every single position.  The only real question mark on the team is do we have for a Head Coach.  

OK I guess

Does that mean we can start making up slogans for the inevitable hate fest we have for all out HC's eventually?    OK  I'll go first.

Time for a Bowles movement  

Archived