What Chan Gailey Means for Offense!

Skeptable

Here is an article that is focused more for Fantasy Football but breaks down the numbers and reasons behind the numbers for Chan Gailey's past offenses....

Enjoy!

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/2015/preseason/what-chan-gailey-means-new-york-jets?utm_source=4for4+Fantasy+Football&utm_campaign=8ffadb0dd6-2015Gailey&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2f68c37f1b-8ffadb0dd6-223869233

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that BM and ED are going to surprise people... This is the first time we have had a legit go get it WR since Rob Moore... Although Marshall is aging... he still produces. And he had Cutler throwing at him... Some could argue that Geno or Fitzy could be better then Cutler. And now Decker doesn't sit out all year with a Hamstring issue and doesn't have to be #1... This could be a lot more special then people realize... Its the first time in a long time that I feel good about our offense... (Not Great, but Good)

I think that BM and ED are going to surprise people... This is the first time we have had a legit go get it WR since Rob Moore... Although Marshall is aging... he still produces. And he had Cutler throwing at him... Some could argue that Geno or Fitzy could be better then Cutler. And now Decker doesn't sit out all year with a Hamstring issue and doesn't have to be #1... This could be a lot more special then people realize... Its the first time in a long time that I feel good about our offense... (Not Great, but Good)

I assume you didn't like KJ or Braylon??

I assume you didn't like KJ or Braylon??

KJ was a possession WR... He was good... never great... Dropped a lot of critical passes... Braylon was never close to anything but an average WR with very bad hands..

Some is the dumbest guy I know.

Cutler throws many dumb passes... Much like Geno has in his first two years... Geno shows improvement.... Maybe not as much as we all would like but I am not ready to kick him to the door.  Fitzy is smart and misses some throws... Cutler is dumb and can make all the throws

KJ was a possession WR... He was good... never great... Dropped a lot of critical passes... Braylon was never close to anything but an average WR with very bad hands..

Rob Moore had his best years with the Cards KJ was better in his time with the Jets then Moore was..

Cutler throws many dumb passes... Much like Geno has in his first two years... Geno shows improvement.... Maybe not as much as we all would like but I am not ready to kick him to the door.  Fitzy is smart and misses some throws... Cutler is dumb and can make all the throws

At his current pace, Geno Smith will equal Jay Cutler in 6.7 years (unofficial). I cannot ******* wait.

Folks. as much as you want to throw Geno out with the bath water, hold on to the tub till you see how he does the season. This with either be his breakout year as a starter or his lock in year as a career backup.

Personally I am hoping it will be as a starter. Just so the last two years of seasoning would not have be wasted and we have to begin again.

Folks. as much as you want to throw Geno out with the bath water, hold on to the tub till you see how he does the season. This with either be his breakout year as a starter or his lock in year as a career backup.

Personally I am hoping it will be as a starter. Just so the last two years of seasoning would not have be wasted and we have to begin again.

Amen to this!!!

How anyone, who is a Jets fan, can hope that Geno fails is really beyond me.

Amen to this!!!

How anyone, who is a Jets fan, can hope that Geno fails is really beyond me.

I don't think anybody hopes he fails.  People are just realistic about the chances.

lol na, just saying that Cutler isnt as great as "some others" think. 

Funny.  When you posted those numbers I thought you were going to say there was no way Geno would match.

Funny.  When you posted those numbers I thought you were going to say there was no way Geno would match.

I think Geno smith can move up 10 spots from being the 30th best QB to around the 20th with the offensive talent we now have along with the defense providing more opportunities. If Geno cant get more than 3000 yards and 20 TD's in 16 games this will for sure either be his last year in the league or atleast as a starter. 

I can see Geno putting up about 3400 yards with 22 TD's and 12 ints playing 16 games.

I think Geno smith can move up 10 spots from being the 30th best QB to around the 20th with the offensive talent we now have along with the defense providing more opportunities. If Geno cant get more than 3000 yards and 20 TD's in 16 games this will for sure either be his last year in the league or atleast as a starter. 

I can see Geno putting up about 3400 yards with 22 TD's and 12 ints playing 16 games.

3,000 yards is pretty easy, but I am skeptical about the TDs.  I guess he probably had a TD a game last year, but let him have an actual positive TD/INT ratio before we start expecting him to be +10.  He will be in the league no matter how bad he is.  Jamarcus keeps getting tryouts and Freeman is in camp with the Dolphins despite an epic flameout.  . 

I can see those yards and TDs, but I'm skeptical about the ints. That's where he really has to improve his game. Either that, or he has to be productive enough (like 4200 yards and 30 TDs) to absorb his mistakes. I'm in the cautiously optimistic group. I think Brandon Marshall is a huge addition and, if Devin Smith can be one of these rookies who produce right away, Geno could actually look decent back there this year.

agreed !.. if geno plays good...we have a chance   :character0181:

If KJ was a possession WR the so was Moore. Similar yards per with KJ having more receptions doesn't make the argument work

I can see those yards and TDs, but I'm skeptical about the ints. That's where he really has to improve his game. Either that, or he has to be productive enough (like 4200 yards and 30 TDs) to absorb his mistakes. I'm in the cautiously optimistic group. I think Brandon Marshall is a huge addition and, if Devin Smith can be one of these rookies who produce right away, Geno could actually look decent back there this year.

I feel you on that slats. I think Geno could do better than that, I just dont want to jump out the window. At the same time I was also the same guy calling for Mike Glennon. I will allow Geno room for error. If he surpasses then great, but if he cant get the stats that I mentioned prior or even beat out Fitz to maintain his job for an entire season then I want absolutely nothing to do with this guy next year. 

If KJ was a possession WR the so was Moore. Similar yards per with KJ having more receptions doesn't make the argument work

Ok then, I tend to agree with that sentiment, Then the last go get'em #1 WR they had was Walker

At his current pace, Geno Smith will equal Jay Cutler in 6.7 years (unofficial). I cannot ******* wait.

Yeah at his current pace... but you are saying that based on no improvement and the fact that Cutler has had a Marshall to throw to his whole career... Geno has had half a year of Decker and a bunch of scrubs?

Remember that Geno has never had a WR to throw to sans Decker's (without injury) 2 games.

3,000 yards is pretty easy, but I am skeptical about the TDs.  I guess he probably had a TD a game last year, but let him have an actual positive TD/INT ratio before we start expecting him to be +10.  He will be in the league no matter how bad he is.  Jamarcus keeps getting tryouts and Freeman is in camp with the Dolphins despite an epic flameout.  . 

Having WRs that get the ball and don't watch a CB intercept it i.e. Sudfield and Hill... Make a huge difference in INTs...

Say what you want about Key but he was $$$.  need a 1st down, give him the damn ball.  May be a jerk but I wouldnt sh!t on his ball skills.  As for the OP, I hope chan means wins for the Jets.

But he didn't stretch the field... and dropped easy passes... Cherbet was the money man

Having WRs that get the ball and don't watch a CB intercept it i.e. Sudfield and Hill... Make a huge difference in INTs...

True to a point.  Hill wasn't on the team last year and Sudfeld hardly played, yet Geno managed to throw quite a few picks.  The guy most guilty of that was Nelson IMO, but he wasn't around much either.

True to a point.  Hill wasn't on the team last year and Sudfeld hardly played, yet Geno managed to throw quite a few picks.  The guy most guilty of that was Nelson IMO, but he wasn't around much either.

Hill comparison was for his rookie year Ints...

And they were just some of the examples... Holmes going down, last year Decker going down... his top WRs that he was throwing to would barely make any other NFL squad if they would at all...

And they were just some of the examples... Holmes going down, last year Decker going down... his top WRs that he was throwing to would barely make any other NFL squad if they would at all...

People don't understand that consistent route running and the ability to get open are WR skills essential to QBs..  Geno could eventually be a very good QB or flame out... but you can't judge on the first two years where he had no one to throw to and as a new QB learning the NFL offense he wasn't going to throw WRs open... Rookies don't know the system well enough to throw a WR open... So he needs building blocks around him or for him to sit a few years... This year should be very telling. Although he might still be rough in the first few starts as he has to learn a new offense.

People don't understand that consistent route running and the ability to get open are WR skills essential to QBs..  Geno could eventually be a very good QB or flame out... but you can't judge on the first two years where he had no one to throw to and as a new QB learning the NFL offense he wasn't going to throw WRs open... Rookies don't know the system well enough to throw a WR open... So he needs building blocks around him or for him to sit a few years... This year should be very telling. Although he might still be rough in the first few starts as he has to learn a new offense.

Are you quoting yourself?  Really?  I know exactly how having great WR play helps a QB.  I am one!  Also, whenever I play QB I am sure to blame inferior WR play for all failure!  If only I could throw to myself!

I think you are overstating how bad the WRs were in 2014.  Decker had 800+ snaps, Kerley 700+ and Harvin basically played the full half season.  That is not a bad group and we have all seen the videos of Harvin running around open and Geno missing him or, even worse, not even throwing his way.  I hope that Marshall is a big help, but maturity will hopefully be a bigger factor. 

Yeah at his current pace... but you are saying that based on no improvement and the fact that Cutler has had a Marshall to throw to his whole career... Geno has had half a year of Decker and a bunch of scrubs?

You can believe all you want, but until he does it, it is faith with no evidence.

Are you quoting yourself?  Really?  I know exactly how having great WR play helps a QB.  I am one!  Also, whenever I play QB I am sure to blame inferior WR play for all failure!  If only I could throw to myself!

I think you are overstating how bad the WRs were in 2014.  Decker had 800+ snaps, Kerley 700+ and Harvin basically played the full half season.  That is not a bad group and we have all seen the videos of Harvin running around open and Geno missing him or, even worse, not even throwing his way.  I hope that Marshall is a big help, but maturity will hopefully be a bigger factor. 

Decker was hampered by a hamstring in more then half those snaps. It seems that teams in the NFL know how bad Harvin is at route running, hence why he is having so much trouble on each team he has played for. Kerley is a good possession WR but not able to get open against #1 CBs... he is much better in the slot. And just because Harvin might have been running around open doesn't mean he was running the right route.

I am not trying to make excuses for Geno.  He may very well end up as a horrible QB.  All I am saying is... Geno hasn't had someone to show him how to play QB yet and give him some weapons until now.  These next few months will be very telling.

Archived