Oooh Vicodin...

Klecko73isGod

OK, I'm gonna rain on this a bit, but it's just my experience and may be way over the top for why you're taking them.

I had a pretty major spinal surgery and was on Vics and Percs.  I was on them for months.  Became a functional user of them over time, I was popping them almost hourly.  A weird unrelated but cool sidebar, I had reached out to Ray Lucas early on through a program called P.A.S.T. as a shot in the dark since he had almost the same surgery I was due to have, as well as the same doctor.  I hadn't heard from him before my surgery though and figured I wouldn't ever.  Anyway, months went by and I woke up one day realizing my prescription was about to run out.  By the grace of God I just up and decided it was time to stop taking them and just let the prescription run out and decided to go on without them.  About a week went by and suddenly I was feeling like absolute hot garbage.  I mean sweating, excrutiating pain from head to toe, uncontrollable shaking, nausea, you name it I was feeling it.     I was also feeling really ****ed in the head as well.  Just bad thoughts, bad everything man.  It took me about 3 or 4 days to realize I was going through withdrawal.  It was right about that time Ray actually responded to my original message to him, and I shared how I was feeling at the moment.  He was extremely supportive and gave alot of personal info on his struggles and references for me on how to make it through the withdrawal, because man I wanted to run back and get a new script so bad I could've killed someone for it.  I am forever grateful to him for it.

Maybe this message isn't for you necessarily, not everyone has problems like I did.  But I will tell you stone faced dead serious I would have rather had that surgery wide awake and unmedicated than go through what I went through withdrawing from pain meds.  So I guess just be careful bro, all good things in moderation.

OK, I'm gonna rain on this a bit, but it's just my experience and may be way over the top for why you're taking them.

I had a pretty major spinal surgery and was on Vics and Percs.  I was on them for months.  Became a functional user of them over time, I was popping them almost hourly.  A weird unrelated but cool sidebar, I had reached out to Ray Lucas early on through a program called P.A.S.T. as a shot in the dark since he had almost the same surgery I was due to have, as well as the same doctor.  I hadn't heard from him before my surgery though and figured I wouldn't ever.  Anyway, months went by and I woke up one day realizing my prescription was about to run out.  By the grace of God I just up and decided it was time to stop taking them and just let the prescription run out and decided to go on without them.  About a week went by and suddenly I was feeling like absolute hot garbage.  I mean sweating, excrutiating pain from head to toe, uncontrollable shaking, nausea, you name it I was feeling it.     I was also feeling really ****ed in the head as well.  Just bad thoughts, bad everything man.  It took me about 3 or 4 days to realize I was going through withdrawal.  It was right about that time Ray actually responded to my original message to him, and I shared how I was feeling at the moment.  He was extremely supportive and gave alot of personal info on his struggles and references for me on how to make it through the withdrawal, because man I wanted to run back and get a new script so bad I could've killed someone for it.  I am forever grateful to him for it.

Maybe this message isn't for you necessarily, not everyone has problems like I did.  But I will tell you stone faced dead serious I would have rather had that surgery wide awake and unmedicated than go through what I went through withdrawing from pain meds.  So I guess just be careful bro, all good things in moderation.

Yep - it's all good until someone is robbing convenience stores for a fix...

I have fairly advanced osteoarthritis in my knees. I got a cortisone shot in my knee on Wednesday. It usually takes 4-5 days for it to kick in for me and i am prone to post-injection flare ups so my doctor gave me the vicodin to get me past it. 

This flare up has been particularly nasty and even through the vikes, I still have considerable pain when I walk. 

BUT I DON'T GIVE ****!!!

I had a pretty major spinal surgery and was on Vics and Percs. I was on them for months. Became a functional user of them over time, I was popping them almost hourly. A weird unrelated but cool sidebar, I had reached out to Ray Lucas early on through a program called P.A.S.T. as a shot in the dark since he had almost the same surgery I was due to have, as well as the same doctor. I hadn't heard from him before my surgery though and figured I wouldn't ever. Anyway, months went by and I woke up one day realizing my prescription was about to run out. By the grace of God I just up and decided it was time to stop taking them and just let the prescription run out and decided to go on without them. About a week went by and suddenly I was feeling like absolute hot garbage. I mean sweating, excrutiating pain from head to toe, uncontrollable shaking, nausea, you name it I was feeling it. I was also feeling really ****ed in the head as well. Just bad thoughts, bad everything man. It took me about 3 or 4 days to realize I was going through withdrawal. It was right about that time Ray actually responded to my original message to him, and I shared how I was feeling at the moment. He was extremely supportive and gave alot of personal info on his struggles and references for me on how to make it through the withdrawal, because man I wanted to run back and get a new script so bad I could've killed someone for it. I am forever grateful to him for it.

Maybe this message isn't for you necessarily, not everyone has problems like I did. But I will tell you stone faced dead serious I would have rather had that surgery wide awake and unmedicated than go through what I went through withdrawing from pain meds. So I guess just be careful bro, all good things in moderation.

My old roommate had like 10, I crushed them all up and snorted within a span of 3-4 hours one night...I got such a case of the itches it was unreal. It was bizarre. I'm done with that sh*t never again.

It's bad down here in Florida. They cracked down on the docs who were prescribing pain meds and were throwing them in jail left and right. What sucked though is there are a lot of people who actually NEED meds to function because of pain and the way they work is if you are in actual pain they work on that part of the brain and you don't get high like you would using them for recreation.  

That was pretty bad but then the pharmacies started refusing to fill the scripts, so there are people who are sick or hurting with valid scripts in hand and nowhere to fill them.

So now there are junkies roaming the streets some strung out on recreationals others in pain from injuries. So what happens next is people start copping heroin and the Mexican dope is being cut with fentanyl and people are ODing all over south Florida. A friend of mine's son, an ex-waiter had just gotten out of rehab and that 1st night he hangs with some girl who tells him she can get them some good dope and the guy dies. 

On a more personal note; a month and a half ago I had some pretty intense dental surgery and had like 4 teeth knocked out of my head. So I go into CVS, bloody gauze in my mouth and they say "we don't have the vicodin" "if you want we can send out for it and it'll be here NEXT WEEK!!!!" NEXT WEEK!!!!!! There I am blood dripping down my face and they tell me they can get me medicine in 7 days. Florida is one screwed up place.

Took them for 5 weeks after a surgery.  I didn't notice anything *fun* about them other than pain relief.

Oh yeah and the fact that I couldn't poop unless I shoved a hose up my ass, or went in after it with a spoon.

Then I quit and felt  miserable for a month. Only 5 weeks, and it already had a hook in my back.

You guys can have the narcotics.  I'm a very content planet-earther.

Took them for 5 weeks after a surgery.  I didn't notice anything *fun* about them other than pain relief.

Oh yeah and the fact that I couldn't poop unless I shoved a hose up my ass, or went in after it with a spoon.

Then I quit and felt  miserable for a month. Only a month, and it already had a hook in my back.

You guys can have the narcotics.  I'm a very content planet-earther.

Yes.  When my son had his surgery the Doc told me to keep him on them and stay ahead of the pain.  I was little apprehensive because he was 17 at the time and feeding a 17 year old 4-6 vicodins a day is pretty much counter intuitive as a parent.  After about 6 days I asked him if he thought he needed more pain meds and he looked at me and said, "No, I just want to take a sh*t."  Constipation saved my son from addiction. 

Yes.  When my son had his surgery the Doc told me to keep him on them and stay ahead of the pain.  I was little apprehensive because he was 17 at the time and feeding a 17 year old 4-6 vicodins a day is pretty much counter intuitive as a parent.  After about 6 days I asked him if he thought he needed more pain meds and he looked at me and said, "No, I just want to take a sh*t."  Constipation saved my son from addiction. 

About 8 years ago a family member fell down a flight of stairs, broken neck, ankle, fractured and dislocated vertebrate, pulverized shoulder joint. Been on pain meds and other sh*t since. Surgeries up the ying-yang. Completely transformed personality. Re-injury was a constant, to make sure meds don't go away. The doctor giving this stuff out without a plan to transition off should be thrown in jail, imo. It's beginning to fracture family, and could easily be something that eventually tears it apart. 

This stuff is no joke. 

About 8 years ago a family member fell down a flight of stairs, broken neck, ankle, fractured and dislocated vertebrate, pulverized shoulder joint. Been on pain meds and other sh*t since. Surgeries up the ying-yang. Completely transformed personality. Re-injury was a constant, to make sure meds don't go away. The doctor giving this stuff out without a plan to transition off should be thrown in jail, imo. It's beginning to fracture family, and could easily be something that eventually tears it apart. 

This stuff is no joke. 

No, very bad for you.. but legal, cause profit$

Yeah.  I had a cousin who needed back surgery and they got him hooked on something or other.  I'm not strictly sure it was vicodin, but it was something strong.  He finally ended up quitting cold turkey and got no help from his doctor.  It's amazing the difference in him.  It is like he was sleepwalking for 5 years.

No, very bad for you.. but legal, cause profit$

Yeah, it's a nightmare.

Yeah.  I had a cousin who needed back surgery and they got him hooked on something or other.  I'm not strictly sure it was vicodin, but it was something strong.  He finally ended up quitting cold turkey and got no help from his doctor.  It's amazing the difference in him.  It is like he was sleepwalking for 5 years.

This family member has percocet, morphine, anxiety meds, and I don't even know what else... unlimited supply. I want them to be comfortable, but it's becoming a huge issue, especially with alcohol in the mix. I'm not even sure where to begin with trying to help.

It's bad down here in Florida. They cracked down on the docs who were prescribing pain meds and were throwing them in jail left and right. What sucked though is there are a lot of people who actually NEED meds to function because of pain and the way they work is if you are in actual pain they work on that part of the brain and you don't get high like you would using them for recreation.  

That was pretty bad but then the pharmacies started refusing to fill the scripts, so there are people who are sick or hurting with valid scripts in hand and nowhere to fill them.

So now there are junkies roaming the streets some strung out on recreationals others in pain from injuries. So what happens next is people start copping heroin and the Mexican dope is being cut with fentanyl and people are ODing all over south Florida. A friend of mine's son, an ex-waiter had just gotten out of rehab and that 1st night he hangs with some girl who tells him she can get them some good dope and the guy dies. 

On a more personal note; a month and a half ago I had some pretty intense dental surgery and had like 4 teeth knocked out of my head. So I go into CVS, bloody gauze in my mouth and they say "we don't have the vicodin" "if you want we can send out for it and it'll be here NEXT WEEK!!!!" NEXT WEEK!!!!!! There I am blood dripping down my face and they tell me they can get me medicine in 7 days. Florida is one screwed up place.

I live in Florida and have had surgery in the last year and have been prescribed both Vicodin and Percocet and never had an issue getting a prescription filled. 

In fact. last Wednesday my local Publix filled my Vicodin prescription while I waited. I had it in 15 minutes. 

I think CVS is more the problem. They suck. 

Yeah, it's a nightmare.

This family member has percocet, morphine, anxiety meds, and I don't even know what else... unlimited supply. I want them to be comfortable, but it's becoming a huge issue, especially with alcohol in the mix. I'm not even sure where to begin with trying to help.

Unfortunately the old "cliche" that he/she has to make the decision on their own is true.  When I was on them I had some dark sh*t going through my head man.  My wife was genuinely concerned for my well being, but for a while I was thinking she was just being a bitch and trying to make my life suck.  I felt like everyone who had anything to say about me on Oxy's was out to get me to be honest.  It's not a good high either.  It's literally a zombie high, you're just slow and dazed.  There is nothing good about it except pain relief, but the problem is your body becomes so dependent that it creates false pains to keep you on it. 

I live in Florida and have had surgery in the last year and have been prescribed both Vicodin and Percocet and never had an issue getting a prescription filled. 

In fact. last Wednesday my local Publix filled my Vicodin prescription while I waited. I had it in 15 minutes. 

I think CVS is more the problem. They suck. 

It's the chicken or the egg.  You could blame companies like Express Scripts too since they have a better means to track it than the pharmacies.  With that said I think doctors are ultimately the ones prescribing, and ultimately the ones responsible for a plan for cessation.  Problem is the insurance companies don't want to pay for that, so maybe they're the real "chickens" here laying the eggs.   

Unfortunately the old "cliche" that he/she has to make the decision on their own is true.  When I was on them I had some dark sh*t going through my head man.  My wife was genuinely concerned for my well being, but for a while I was thinking she was just being a bitch and trying to make my life suck.  I felt like everyone who had anything to say about me on Oxy's was out to get me to be honest.  It's not a good high either.  It's literally a zombie high, you're just slow and dazed.  There is nothing good about it except pain relief, but the problem is your body becomes so dependent that it creates false pains to keep you on it. 

The bold is something I've come across in research. 

As a whole, what you're describing is pretty much what I'm observing. It's gut-wrenching.

Never had an issue with that. 

Eat a salad from time to time and granola for breakfast. You won't get off the toilet. 

Never had an issue with that. 

Eat a salad from time to time and granola for breakfast. You won't get off the toilet. 

Yeah, I've got gastro problems galore, and I never had the constipation thing when on vicadin. 

Yeah, I've got gastro problems galore, and I never had the constipation thing when on vicadin. 

One of the most common side effects.  Maybe because you DO have gastro issues it effects you different.  I have only taken it a couple times and I remember sh*tting bricks and having nightmares.

Archived