Football Gameplan's 2015 Season Preview: Jets

EmDiggy

Em, the Jets can run the rock. They still will not allow Geno to toss the pill like a slinger. The difference is that this season the Jets have many more targets. The targets are better than they have been in the past. These targets will create matchup nightmares for quite a few defenses.

I expect the Jets to exploit those matchups in close games where Geno will have to be a QB. If they win, he is the LT answer. If not, back to the draft or Kap.

Em, the Jets can run the rock. They still will not allow Geno to toss the pill like a slinger. The difference is that this season the Jets have many more targets. The targets are better than they have been in the past. These targets will create matchup nightmares for quite a few defenses.

I expect the Jets to exploit those matchups in close games where Geno will have to be a QB. If they win, he is the LT answer. If not, back to the draft or Kap.

Agree

Jets have the weapons on both sides of the ball to compete with most teams.  It all comes down to Smith.

Don't think they necessarily have to go back to the draft. Fitz can be a hold the fort guy for this season, and perhaps next.  Petty has a lot of skills, including what is termed a "quick release"  which really means he can get the ball out with authority,  with out a wind up.  

Just hope if Smith is going to  continue being Geno, or play like an NFL QB, he shows whatever he is going to do early, so if need be they can turn the page on him at the bye before the season is lost.

Nice job Em!

Only thing I had to nitpick a bit would be with QB's ... Didn't see how you can put Petty at 2 yet. Their is still much support each way out there as to who the Jets #1 QB should be. That being the case I'd have to look at them as neck & neck.

Anyway, love your presentations ... Got ya with the thumbs up on YouTube !

Defense 5-8? I don't see how they aren't top 3 at least and possibly #1.

Yeah I was trying to think of 5 or 8 teams better then them.  I can see that they may struggle a little without Richardson and with so many new moving parts but should really jell by mid-season and become best defense in football the last month or two of the season. 

Archived