Would Jets be interested in Austin Howard trade

Raideraholic

A Howard was a disaster at Rg for the Raiders last year. The Raiders are letting him compete at his more natural Rt , and has a good chance to win that job. Right now he the second string Rt behind M Watson ,after OTa's.

Means very little now, till the pads come on to accurately judge offense lineman. If A Howard doesn't win the starting Rt job, than he definitely on the trading block.( too much money to pay a backups, as they have younger Ot's that are long term options.

Would the Jets have any interest , or should they contact Rex Ryan and see if he's interested.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders would take too much of a cap hit to trade Howard, who signed a new contract last year and still has a good amount of guaranteed money due his way.

the Raiders have 18 million in cap space now, and projected somewhere 80 million ( not counting roll over) cap space for 2016. They can afford to take the cap hit, it all comes down to will he win the Starting Rt job. If he a backup , that too much money to pay someone to sit on the bench. They would take a 5.6 million dead money hit, if he was traded , or cut.

Only if he can play CB so we can put Revis on the bench to increase the turnovers our D gets by weakening our DB's

Again anytime you sign two cb's over thirty years old( skills could slip fast) they are always question marks there. The Jets have to hope that slippage doesn't start next year. All that money owed to him, and the Patriots getting a third rounder next year .( compensation for losing Revis). Unlike Cromartie, the Jets are locked into Revis for the next three years.

Again anytime you sign two cb's over thirty years old( skills could slip fast) they are always question marks there. The Jets have to hope that slippage doesn't start next year. All that money owed to him, and the Patriots getting a third rounder next year .( compensation for losing Revis). Unlike Cromartie, the Jets are locked into Revis for the next three years.

What do you think our best move on D has been or would be to better our turnovers?

... and the Patriots getting a third rounder next year .( compensation for losing Revis)

I am no cap/rules expert, but I believe that the Pats don't get anything for Revis.  He wasn't a UFA after his contract expired, they didn't pick up his option.  I thought that was like releasing a player as far as compensatory picks; they don't get 'credit' for losing him.

Dude are you serious???  We told you your organization was being stupid offering him

that type of contract.  But you swore up and down he was the "bestest OT in the game",

enjoy!!!

Dude are you serious???  We told you your organization was being stupid offering him

that type of contract.  But you swore up and down he was the "bestest OT in the game",

enjoy!!!

+1

Raiderholic is a joke.  He is wrong about EVERYTHING.

Remember, the Raiders were a lock to draft defense in round 1.  Uh-huh.  Too many years of 4-12 for this guy. His brain, or whatever portion of a brain he once had, is completely scrambled.  Poor guy.

Dude are you serious??? We told you your organization was being stupid offering him

that type of contract. But you swore up and down he was the "bestest OT in the game",

enjoy!!!

Was a disaster at Rg( I was wrong) but let's see what he does at Rt.( more natural position). If he doesn't win the starting RT job, than you can gloat. Until that happens have to wait and see what happens there at Rt.( you might be proven right) Breno Giacomini hasn't exactly been an upgrade at RT, like you also predicted. Honestly who would you rather starting at RT- Austin Howard, or Breno Giacomini.

+1

Raiderholic is a joke.  He is wrong about EVERYTHING.

Remember, the Raiders were a lock to draft defense in round 1.  Uh-huh.  Too many years of 4-12 for this guy. His brain, or whatever portion of a brain he once had, is completely scrambled.  Poor guy.

no one ever really sure what there team will do in the draft.( had much better feel knowing Al Davis mindset). new coaching staff + work in progress figuring Reggie Mckenize mindset (need more years he's in control, to get a better feel what they will do. Let's look at your draft projections for the Jets. Bet you thought they were going Wr, or pass rushing lb instead.

What do you think our best move on D has been or would be to better our turnovers?

I think drafting the pass rusher Lorenzo Mauldin could pay the big dividends in that regard. Leonard Williams isn't going to be much a factor rushing the passer his first year.( eventually could be, but not his rookie year). in the 3-4 you like your lb's to provide the pressure. Some Olb puts heat on the qb( duress) and more likely the Qb makes mistakes.

Surprised no one thanked John Idzik for not caving in on his deal.

So many people need to eat crow on this one it's not even funny.  The sky was falling when we lost Howard.

While it's true that Breno Giacommini wasn't very good for us last season, I think there's at least some hope for him in the new zone blocking scheme we'll be running.  But imagine if we'd paid Howard even bigger dollars to look completely lost out there?  

no one ever really sure what there team will do in the draft.( had much better feel knowing Al Davis mindset). new coaching staff + work in progress figuring Reggie Mckenize mindset (need more years he's in control, to get a better feel what they will do. Let's look at your draft projections for the Jets. Bet you thought they were going Wr, or pass rushing lb instead.

We took the best player in the Draft. The guy you swore they wouldn't pass on. Jokes on you again.

Was a disaster at Rg( I was wrong) but let's see what he does at Rt.( more natural position). If he doesn't win the starting RT job, than you can gloat. Until that happens have to wait and see what happens there at Rt.( you might be proven right) Breno Giacomini hasn't exactly been an upgrade at RT, like you also predicted. Honestly who would you rather starting at RT- Austin Howard, or Breno Giacomini.

Howard played very well when he was here at RT did not give up many sacks I don't think guard is the spot for him but yeah I am sure he is better then Breno at RT.

What would the Jets do with Howard and Giacomini both? If he's an overall upgrade to Breno at all, it's an insignificant one. As much as anyone dislikes Giacomini after 1 season, the only thing worse would be doubling the cap hit at RT to $10M to "upgrade" to Howard. I wouldn't take on Howard's $5M (guaranteed this year) contract for a conditional 7th rounder 5 years from now.

He's just okay. Or was. Despite the team wanting to get some type of return for all that cash, he's so far losing the starting RT job to a turnstile with past injury problems.

Revis turned 30 today. Now name give us a list of names of best in the league CBs who fell apart on their 30th birthdays. And no matter how loud you say it, Revis is still in any conversation of league best. Sorry.

Reminds me of the old days when you argued that Aso was better than Revis.

Now explain why the Pats will get a 3rd for not retaining Revis.

Archived