Server Move This Week

We are going to be doing a server move this week This will require a few hours of downtime as we migrate everything to the new server. This is one of the slowest weeks of the year with training camp two weeks away. Once we have a better idea on the timeframe we will let everyone know. We are trying to do this on Wednesday...

If the site is down you can check for updates on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks everyone. The new server is a significant upgrade in terms of power and memory. Once we are stable on the new server, we will begin testing IPB4 and getting feedback.

We are going to be doing a server move this week This will require a few hours of downtime as we migrate everything to the new server. This is one of the slowest weeks of the year with training camp two weeks away. Once we have a better idea on the timeframe we will let everyone know. We are trying to do this on Wednesday...

Thanks everyone. The new server is a significant upgrade in terms of power and memory. Once we are stable on the new server, we will begin testing IPB4 and getting feedback.

I've got an OLD XT with 2 floppy slots if you need it in the interim.

Maybe now is the time to let everyone know that when the move is done the new url will be jetnation.scout.com?

Maybe now is the time to let everyone know that when the move is done the new url will be jetnation.scout.com?

Please update your email address in your profile and don't worry about anything else.

The server move is happening now (in the background).

We are copying everything right now and after it is moved over we will point (DNS) to the new site. We might lose a few posts, but I thought that was better than taking the site down for hours.

Thanks!

Did you consider putting the board in read-only mode during the copy?

Actually, maybe put the board in read-only mode for the whole offseason?

Actually that is exactly how it is going to happen.The copy didn't start yet, probably in an hour or so the forums will be taken offline (read only) and then the copy begins.  :)

The mobile version looks identical?

Everything should look exactly like it did before the move. We haven't upgraded IPB yet. But the mobile skin is responsive and does look slightly different than the regular forum skin. If you don't see the mobile version on mobile devices please select Change Theme on the lower left and pick JetNation Mobile.

Everything should look exactly like it did before the move. We haven't upgraded IPB yet. But the mobile skin is responsive and does look slightly different than the regular forum skin. If you don't see the mobile version on mobile devices please select Change Theme on the lower left and pick JetNation Mobile.

Sounds complicated.  I think I will just randomly text you!

Thanks everyone. Please let me know if you are experiencing any issues after the move.

A chipmunk keeps eating all the food in my bird feeder even after i put a carpet tack strip around the entire pole of my shepard's hook.  

Other than that, I dont have any issues.  Thanks for asking.

JN. The site that cares.

We cleared all the inadvertent IP blocks that we know about. I am still working with one person on an issue, but if anyone else has a problem please let me know.

Thanks.

all cool,,thanks to the JN Team as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived