Which week of the season will Geno lose the starting job?*Spoiler alert*

johnnyjet

Which week will Geno lose his starting job  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which week will Geno lose his starting job?

• Preseason
    • 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 8-12
    • 12+
    • He never loses the starting job.......

Oh yes, another bash Geno thread! Just what the forum needs. I am constantly amazed by the level of originality from members on the forum. I mean, the wherewithal to be able to scan these boards and identify that it is so desperately in need of another bash Geno thread.......

None of these threads are funny or smart. It's the same tired garbage already and asinine dumb comments like Hoyer > Geno or Petty is already a better player.

I think Geno will take the next step under Chan Gailey's system, which is closer to what he ran in college than anything Rex / Marty had him doing. I have been as critcal of Geno as anyone here, but I am hoping he gets his sh&t together and the Jets make a playoff run. Geno has some flaws - not accurate on his deep passes or the 15-yard square out to the sideline, but he can make the underneath throws and the quick slants very well. Sanchez always threw behind the receiver which made him have to stop or slow down, Geno hits them in stride much better and allows for YAC. If he falters - depending upon how badly he falters - I think Todd Bowles will have patience and try and let him work his way out of it. I say he won't lose his starting job this year. Bryce Petty may have something to say about it next year though.

I think Geno will take the next step under Chan Gailey's system, which is closer to what he ran in college than anything Rex / Marty had him doing. I have been as critcal of Geno as anyone here, but I am hoping he gets his sh&t together and the Jets make a playoff run. Geno has some flaws - not accurate on his deep passes or the 15-yard square out to the sideline, but he can make the underneath throws and the quick slants very well. Sanchez always threw behind the receiver which made him have to stop or slow down, Geno hits them in stride much better and allows for YAC. If he falters - depending upon how badly he falters - I think Todd Bowles will have patience and try and let him work his way out of it. I say he won't lose his starting job this year. Bryce Petty may have something to say about it next year though.

Wow.  A reasonable post.  Might have to restart my computer. 

Will you be listing your tickets here or on StubHub when he doesn't fail.

My protest these past two years was against Rex Ryan and now that he's gone I'm back in the fold, all-in for 2015.

I was enraged that Rex was retained for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.  Geno is clearly on the bubble, not worried there, due process will run its course.  Methinks Fitzpatrick will have a brilliant camp in Gailey's familiar system and Smith will implode.  Looking forward to the preseason like never before.

SAR I

My protest these past two years was against Rex Ryan and now that he's gone I'm back in the fold, all-in for 2015.

I was enraged that Rex was retained for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.  Geno is clearly on the bubble, not worried there, due process will run its course.  Methinks Fitzpatrick will have a brilliant camp in Gailey's familiar system and Smith will implode.  Looking forward to the preseason like never before.

SAR I

Full of sh1t, before you were banned at the old place you said he deserved another chance, did a great job in 2013.

You need to keep better track of your fantasy world.

FFS,,,,stop with this horseshiit,,,,just hope he develops under real coaching with some actual weapons and a head coach not allergic to offense...stop the incessant snarky Geno bashing....it is SOOOO old...

He's been terrible, it has ZERO to do with coaches when a play is there, it is one and you throw it to the toner team.  He's been lousy so far.  Is there hope for him?  For sure, he has some tools but performance in the end is up to the player.  At a minimum he has to become a safe QB this year and take care of the ball. 

A Qb deserves no more leeway than any other position.  See guys like Winters.

Which is my point, whining incessantly, thread after thread accomplishes nothing.

Full of sh1t, before you were banned at the old place you said he deserved another chance, did a great job in 2013.

You need to keep better track of your fantasy world.

Lighten up you'll live longer

I don't think he loses his job.  Could he? Sure.  But I think he fits in the system, the talent around him is much better, and it serves no real purpose to have Fitzpatrick play much.  It's the same argument as to why people questioned Rex in playing Pace and others when young guys needed a chance to perform.  We gain absolutely nothing by playing Fitzpatrick, besides a mediocre season.  He's already proven that he's a middle of the road QB, which is why in a QB starved league, he was available for a 7th round pick.  I think the reason Fitz is on the team is to actually teach Geno and Petty about adjusting to the NFL, the Gailey system, moreso than actually be a surefire starter.  

I have no problem getting rid of people, if there are better options.  But at the present situation, there is no better option.  Yeah, Fitz had a good season last year, but he also went 6-5 (discounted the last game because he got injured) with basically a top 6 defense, a top notch RB that also catches the ball well out of the backfield, two very good WRs.  And if you look at his stats, 5 of those wins came against teams in the bottom 10 in defensive efficiency.  So going to Fitz isn't suddenly going to make us a SB contender, and without that option, what's the point, because we can't actually build on in the future with a QB that needs replacement.  I would rather give the younger guys a shot and hope one develops.  Even next year's draft class, I don't see the surefire stud coming along either.  Guys like Cook, Goff, Hackerberg, or Jones all need time to transition.  Our best bet is to hope Geno improves, because the downside is another 2-3 year rebuild atleast.  

FFS,,,,stop with this horseshiit,,,,just hope he develops under real coaching with some actual weapons and a head coach not allergic to offense...stop the incessant snarky Geno bashing....it is SOOOO old...

I am usually pretty negative but I am leaning towards the above. There is still a chance for him. It is not a very good bet, but possible.

I think he will be better but I am near certain the sloppy turnovers are destined to continue.

Bashing, or reality. This thread isn't just another Geno sucks thread. It's shows than more than half of the respondents have little to zero confidence in Smith. And as we all know the fan base is usually right. It's just takes time for management to realize that the fans are smarter than they are. Hopefully this regime is different.

This reminds me of horse racing.  Somehow or another the favorite (the public's choice) wins on average one third of the time.  That is it a better win % than the vast majority of professions can achieve.  Maybe the FO should LOOK HERE first.   :)

This reminds me of horse racing.  Somehow or another the favorite (the public's choice) wins on average one third of the time.  That is it a better win % than the vast majority of professions can achieve.  Maybe the FO should LOOK HERE first.   :)

Every person on this board could've drafted better than idzik.

Archived