Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

"We almost made it, and we didn't have a quarterback," he said of the '09 and '10 seasons. "Mark was solid. He wasn't elite."

-- Darrelle Revis, Sports Illustrated, July 2015

"Mark staked you to a 10 point lead in Indianapolis that you blew and wasn't the reason you fell behind 24-0 in Pittsburgh.  If you would have done your job Mr. Revis, we'd have made it to the Super Bowl because of Mark you revisionist carpetbagger."

-- SAR I, JetNation, July 2015

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sports-illustrated-recreates-broadway-joe-cover-revis-article-1.2299124

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds more like Revis is saying they made it close to the big game with an inexperienced, yet solid QB.  Maybe he is saying that if Geno can get to be solid and more consistent they can go all the way.  Or, we don't need Tom Brady to make it to the big show.  Not sure he is calling out Sanchez, more like being optimistic for the up coming season.

"We almost made it, and we didn't have a quarterback," he said of the '09 and '10 seasons. "Mark was solid. He wasn't elite."

"Mark staked you to a 10 point lead in Indianapolis that you blew and wasn't the reason you fell behind 24-0 in Pittsburgh.  If you would have done your job Mr. Revis, we'd have made it to the Super Bowl because of Mark you revisionist carpetbagger."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sports-illustrated-recreates-broadway-joe-cover-revis-article-1.2299124

Revis didn't blow the 10-point lead...the parade of mediocre CB's they had behind him on the roster blew it.  Were you really surprised to find that Lito Sheppard, Drew Coleman and Donald Strickland couldn't slow down Peyton Manning and the Colts?

And yes, Sanchez was the reason they fell behind 24-0...he fumbled the ball away to the Steelers that was returned for a TD and he had a little something to do with the "0" in that score.

The defense surrendered a total of 17 points that day, on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in the NFL and it wasn't good enough to overcome their horrible quarterback.

******* disgrace see if the Pats will take him back

Great cornerback, but seriously?  Mark Sanchez played better than Darrelle Revis in both Jets Championship Game appearances.

I remember a 10 point halftime lead in Indianapolis that Darelle's secondary let light up like a Christmas tree to a 30-17 rout.

I remember a 0-24 halftime deficit in Pittsburgh in which Darelle's secondary laid down like dogs and didn't bother to get off the bus.

Hey, want to say that Mark Sanchez wasn't elite?  Cool.  I won't disagree.  But to blame the guy when he was probably the best Jet on the field in two Championship Games is ridiculous.

SAR I

Great cornerback, but seriously? Mark Sanchez played better than Darrelle Revis in both Jets Championship Game appearances.

I remember a 10 point halftime lead in Indianapolis that Darelle's secondary let light up like a Christmas tree to a 30-17 rout.

I remember a 0-24 halftime deficit in Pittsburgh in which Darelle's secondary laid down like dogs and didn't bother to get off the bus.

Hey, want to say that Mark Sanchez wasn't elite? Cool. I won't disagree. But to blame the guy when he was probably the best Jet on the field in two Championship Games is ridiculous.

SAR I

Best Jet we've seen in decades

Great cornerback, but seriously?  Mark Sanchez played better than Darrelle Revis in both Jets Championship Game appearances.

Hey, want to say that Mark Sanchez wasn't elite?  Cool.  I won't disagree.  But to blame the guy when he was probably the best Jet on the field in two Championship Games is ridiculous.

SAR I

Laid down like dogs, gave up seventeen points and held Big Ben to 122 yards passing, zero touchdowns and 2 INT's.  LIKE DOGS!!

But to blame the guy when he was probably the best Jet on the field in two Championship Games is ridiculous.

SAR I

I did not realize that you were insane.

Revis didn't blow the 10-point lead...the parade of mediocre CB's they had behind him on the roster blew it.  Were you really surprised to find that Lito Sheppard, Drew Coleman and Donald Strickland couldn't slow down Peyton Manning and the Colts?

And yes, Sanchez was the reason they fell behind 24-0...he fumbled the ball away to the Steelers that was returned for a TD and he had a little something to do with the "0" in that score.

The defense surrendered a total of 17 points that day, on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in the NFL and it wasn't good enough to overcome their horrible quarterback.

Rookie QB gets you a 10 point lead on the road in a Championship Game, your defense is supposed to seal the deal.  They got lit up.  It was embarrassing.  I was there.  Awful.

We wouldn't even have made the playoffs the next year if Mark hadn't engineered miracle fourth quarter comebacks against Denver, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston, and Pittsburgh, games in which Darelle's secondary couldn't hold leads and were in the process of choking away the season. 

Blaming the rookie quarterback and not the experienced secondary and front seven is classless.

SAR I

It's all Revis's fault that Peyton figured out he could whip Rex's sh*tty defense by throwing to his 3rd and 4th WRs.

It's all Revis's fault that Leveon Bell ran all over Rex and Bart's "Can't wait" run-stuffing, #1 run defense in the universe.

Revis is right, Sanchez wasn't elite. If you're going to nitpick, then nitpick him for leaving out the way Rex was out-coached.

Rookie QB gets you a 10 point lead on the road in a Championship Game, your defense is supposed to seal the deal.  They got lit up.  It was embarrassing.  I was there.  Awful.

We wouldn't even have made the playoffs the next year if Mark hadn't engineered miracle fourth quarter comebacks against Denver, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston, and Pittsburgh, games in which Darelle's secondary couldn't hold leads and were in the process of choking away the season. 

Blaming the rookie quarterback and not the experienced secondary and front seven is classless.

SAR I

Newsflash...the players in that secondary were not very good and they were playing Peyton Manning on the road....who, other than you, expected 10 points to be enough to beat Peyton with those CB's and Eric Smith in the secondary?  Not me.

Sanchez was horrible...that running game and defense dragged him to the playoffs kicking and screaming. 

Yeah, that majestic 12 TD's and 20 INT's is what launched that team to the postseason.

It's all Revis's fault that Peyton figured out he could whip Rex's sh*tty defense by throwing to his 3rd and 4th WRs.

It's all Revis's fault that Leveon Bell ran all over Rex and Bart's "Can't wait" run-stuffing, #1 run defense in the universe.

Revis is right, Sanchez wasn't elite. If you're going to nitpick, then nitpick him for leaving out the way Rex was out-coached.

I don't think Le'veon bell was in the league at that time...he was at Michigan State.

Jets defense gave up a total of 17 points in a road playoff game...oh man were they terrible.

SAR I

The 2nd half of Indy was the LBer, nickel corners and safeties being picked on by Peyton. He didn't really mess with Revis. 

The Pittsburgh deficit was all about the run defense failing.

Anyway, carry on... your version makes for a more interesting thread.

I don't think Le'veon bell was in the league at that time...he was at Michigan State.

Jets defense gave up a total of 17 points in a road playoff game...oh man were they terrible.

Sorry, I meant Mendenhall. The secondary pretty much shut down Big Ben, but the front-7 got trampled by a mediocre RB.

I don't think Lavon bell was in the league at that time.

They gave it up so easily and on lengthy drives, the Pittsburgh game was over before you sipped your first beer.  Steelers ran 43 times for 166 yards, had 23 first downs, and had the ball 10 minutes more than we did.

Blame Mark Sanchez!

SAR I

The 2nd half of Indy was the LBer, nickel corners and safeties being picked on by Peyton. He didn't really mess with Revis. 

The Pittsburgh deficit was all about the run defense failing.

Anyway, carry on... your version makes for a more interesting thread.

We agree.  Both losses were on the defense.

Let Darrelle call out underperforming Bart Scott in his quotes then, leave the rookie QB alone.

SAR I

Sorry, I meant Mendenhall. The secondary pretty much shut down Big Ben, but the front-7 got trampled by a mediocre RB.

I wouldn't call Mendenhall mediocre, he was a physical guy who hammered the Jets defense in the first half and it was absolutely embarrassing and disappointing.  However, when all was said and done they only gave up 17 points, coming out after the break and pitching a shutout.  I believe Mendenhall was at or just below 1.0 YPC in the second half.  Sanchez played great when the game was out of reach following his fumble that got returned to make it 24-0.

Not really...he was meh in most of those games except New England. 

yoffs
Age is Years-Days  · Glossary  · SHARE  · Embed  · CSV  · Export  · PRE  · LINK  · ?
    Passing Rushing Rk Year G# Date Age Tm   Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1 2009 17 2010-01-09 23-059 NYJ @ CIN W 24-14 * 12 15 80.00 182 1 0 139.4 12.13 13.47 3 -2 -0.67 0 2 2009 18 2010-01-17 23-067 NYJ @ SDG W 17-14 * 12 23 52.17 100 1 1 60.1 4.35 3.26 1 -1 -1.00 0 3 2009 19 2010-01-24 23-074 NYJ @ IND L 17-30 * 17 30 56.67 257 2 1 93.3 8.57 8.40 2 1 0.50 0     Passing Rushing Rk Year G# Date Age Tm   Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 4 2010 17 2011-01-08 24-058 NYJ @ IND W 17-16 * 18 31 58.06 189 0 1 62.4 6.10 4.65 1 6 6.00 0 5 2010 18 2011-01-16 24-066 NYJ @ NWE W 28-21 * 16 25 64.00 194 3 0 127.3 7.76 10.16 1 -1 -1.00 0 6 2010 19 2011-01-23 24-073 NYJ @ PIT L 19-24 * 20 33 60.61 233 2 0 102.2 7.06 8.27 3 6 2.00 0       6 Games         4-2-0   95 157 60.51 1155 9 3 94.3 7.36 7.64 11 9 0.82 0

I take your point.  Some meh but also some pretty good.  The Pittsburgh fumble just before halftime was pretty bad.  I blame Schotty for that one too..

They gave it up so easily and on lengthy drives, the Pittsburgh game was over before you sipped your first beer.  Steelers ran 43 times for 166 yards, had 23 first downs, and had the ball 10 minutes more than we did.

Blame Mark Sanchez!

SAR I

I sure won't blame a defense that gave up a total of 17 points on the road to Big Ben.  I guess asking Sanchez to weather the storm for 30 minutes was far too much to ask.  He couldn't move the ball to save his life and scored more points for the Steelers than he did for the Jets in the first half...yeah, that due was awesome.  Revis is wayyy off base.

Rex's defense held Peyton to a terrible game until the fourth Q when Peyton decided to toast Lito and Coleman. There's only so much Rex could have done.

Also, Leveon Bell's performance in that game was about as strong as Namath's performance in that game. 

Laid down like dogs, gave up seventeen points and held Big Ben to 122 yards passing, zero touchdowns and 2 INT's.  LIKE DOGS!!

Watch the game again.  Time consuming drives.  Killer 3rd down conversions.  Left us with terrible field position and a big deficit.  Dead before we even got started.

Yet Mark Sanchez didn't give up.  He led us on a furious comeback, almost pulled it off.

Point is, having an "elite" quarterback in both those years wasn't the problem and didn't keep us from the Super Bowl; Captain Revis And His Craptastic Defense can be held accountable for that.  They were supposed to be elite in those situations; the rookie quarterback was not.

SAR I

I sure won't blame a defense that gave up a total of 17 points on the road to Big Ben.  I guess asking Sanchez to weather the storm for 30 minutes was far too much to ask.  He couldn't move the ball to save his life and scored more points for the Steelers than he did for the Jets in the first half...yeah, that due was awesome.  Revis is wayyy off base.

Please.  Mark's fumble was on the offensive line who left a blitzing Steeler untouched.  And I mean untouched.  My mother could have forced a fumble.

SAR I

Watch the game again.  Time consuming drives.  Killer 3rd down conversions.  Left us with terrible field position and a big deficit.  Dead before we even got started.

Yet Mark Sanchez didn't give up.  He led us on a furious comeback, almost pulled it off.

Point is, having an "elite" quarterback in both those years wasn't the problem and didn't keep us from the Super Bowl; Captain Revis And His Craptastic Defense can be held accountable for that.  They were supposed to be elite in those situations; the rookie quarterback was not.

SAR I

Yes, he led a furious comeback after handing the Steelers a 24 point lead.  As I said, the Jets defense was bad in the first half...it was ugly...however, I couldn't care less if they gave up 500 yards rushing in the first half.

If, when the game is over, your defense held Ben and the Steelers to 17 points on the road despite that terrible start, it sure wasn't their fault.  Seventeen points.

SAR I

16 yards and -7 points on his first four drives had nothing to do with that?  The terrible field position consisted of drives starting on the 27, 35, 40 and 33 yard lines. How could anyone perform with their backs so close to the wall?!?!

Please.  Mark's fumble was on the offensive line who left a blitzing Steeler untouched.  And I mean untouched.  My mother could have forced a fumble.

SAR I

Who fumbled the football?

Archived