Leonard Williams talk has me excited.

Jetster

Still can't believe this guy dropped to us at 6.

Thank god teams are reaching for QBs. During the draft Williams wasn't even a thought as everyone had this guy pegged as the best "Football Player" in the entire draft.

I look at the Jags taking that LB who's already hurt & it reminds me of the 90s Jets.

Now Sheldon gets nailed with a 4 game suspension & we fall back on a young stud we just drafted.

When have we EVER had such luck?

I believe in 5 years people will look back at this draft with Winston & Mariotta and say, "how the hell did the Jets get Leonard Williams that year?".

I've listened to guys like Gil Brandt & Pat Kerwin RAVE about this guys technique on film and say it's amazing how good he is at such a young age.

Now he enters the NFL playing alongside Mo, Snacks, Coples, with our revamped secondary!

I'm saying it right now.

Leonard Williams DROTM! to start the season.

Shhh, You're not allowed to be excited about picks on this board. The SOJF board police will tell you that because some 2nd round backup DT from 1989 didn't work out, just like every other Jet pick ever, the Jets will never have a good draft pick.

Shhh, You're not allowed to be excited about picks on this board. The SOJF board police will tell you that because some 2nd round backup DT from 1989 didn't work out, just like every other Jet pick ever, the Jets will never have a good draft pick.

Could you, or someone else that is comfortable throwing out the SOJF line , please explain exactly what that means? Is it a guy like me, 57 years old, 36 year season ticket holder with 8 seats, who has conservatively "invested" $350,000 - $400,000 over that span, who never misses a home game and usually goes to 1-2 road games each season? Or is it something else, which lots of us are unaware of? Please enlighten us.

Best player in the draft.  Hands down.  You dont pass on elite talent like him.  Dont care how crowded your line is...you're always one injury away or in our case, a suspension.

He's an absolute monster and is going to be a blast to watch!  Dont see how you cant be excited about this kid:

Could you, or someone else that is comfortable throwing out the SOJF line , please explain exactly what that means? Is it a guy like me, 57 years old, 36 year season ticket holder with 8 seats, who has conservatively "invested" $350,000 - $400,000 over that span, who never misses a home game and usually goes to 1-2 road games each season? Or is it something else, which lots of us are unaware of? Please enlighten us.

Do you have an authentic jersey?

Do you have an authentic jersey?

Yes, Wayne Chrebet game jersey from early 2000,s. Been through the wars, getting a bit seedy.Still doesn't answer the original question, though. If people are going to label us, at least tell us what's on the label.

Yes, Wayne Chrebet game jersey from early 2000,s. Been through the wars, getting a bit seedy.Still doesn't answer the original question, though. If people are going to label us, at least tell us what's on the label.

^real fan

I don't know what he meant by SOJF.  Usually they mean the self-loathing we can never have nice things type, but I'm not sure.

^real fan

I don't know what he meant by SOJF.  Usually they mean the self-loathing we can never have nice things type, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I didn't get it either.  Even the most ardent SOJF are optimistic between the draft and the harsh reality of the season, since generally it's the only time we can dream for a good season.

This is the most excited I can possibly get about a non-QB dropping into our laps.  The Colts have had the ultimate good fortune in having the top pick for Elway, Manning and Luck, so they monopolize the "great draft luck" side of the coin.  We've been miserably bad at drafting, and thus have never created our own good fortune when the chance arose. 

Just once it's kinda nice to get a little Colts-esque luck in our corner and having a GM ballsy enough to make the right pick even if it was at a position on the field where we seemed totally set.

Sorry.  If you don't have both a home and away Sanchez and Smith your a SOJF

He's only just turned 21 years old, and Todd Bowles refers to him as "more mature than the average rookie." That, along with his obvious physical gifts, is what has me excited about this kid. You get the idea that he's coming right out of college ready to work, and isn't likely to screw up the opportunity Sheldon Richardson has handed him.

Wow, we pretty much are on the same plan. Just my first season was '77

Actually it's stupid comments like this that keep the SOJF mentality alive and well. 

I wonder what offers Maccagnan wanted in order to trade out of the 6th spot in relation to what he was actually offered. Williams does look rather promising. Im not expecting much his rookie year but by year 3 this guy will be a stud. 

I am expecting plenty his rookie year.  Maybe not huge numbers because he is part of a rotation but I fully expect him to make lots of plays.

I am expecting plenty his rookie year.  Maybe not huge numbers because he is part of a rotation but I fully expect him to make lots of plays.

I expect him to show flashes of brilliance, but nothing on a consistent basis. He may need a year. Last year at USC he was the man but the year before he was nothing to rave about. A few of those 2013 games he was getting manhandled. It took him another year of growth to become we he became at USC. I think he'll need that same thing coming into the league. In otherwords, I dont expect him to have a Sheldon Richardson type rookie year. I do expect him to be a probowl level talent on a consistent basis by his 2nd/3rd year. 

I just think he'll need a year, maybe 2. Just a hunch. 

I expect him to show flashes of brilliance, but nothing on a consistent basis. He may need a year. Last year at USC he was the man but the year before he was nothing to rave about. A few of those 2013 games he was getting manhandled. It took him another year of growth to become we he became at USC. I think he'll need that same thing coming into the league. In otherwords, I dont expect him to have a Sheldon Richardson type rookie year. I do expect him to be a probowl level talent on a consistent basis by his 2nd/3rd year.

I just think he'll need a year, maybe 2. Just a hunch.

He's a better prospect than Richardson was coming out of college, he's young but so far there is no indication that he's going to have any trouble coming in and producing immediately. With mo and eventually Sheldon coming back LW is going to face some favorable matchups

He's a better prospect than Richardson was coming out of college, he's young but so far there is no indication that he's going to have any trouble coming in and producing immediately. With mo and eventually Sheldon coming back LW is going to face some favorable matchups

Yes, there is indication based on the talent around him that he will have favorable match ups. However, this is the pros and I dont personally like to put that level of expectation on a rookie, especially when looking at his 2013 season after we drafted him. 

His 2014 season showed that he can make the jump of course, all im saying is that he needs to get his feet wet first and if he's met with some struggle in his first year I believe that its to be expected, not that it was a disappointing year if he's anything less than an immediate producer. We havent even seen the dude in preseason. 

Yes, there is indication based on the talent around him that he will have favorable match ups. However, this is the pros and I dont personally like to put that level of expectation on a rookie, especially when looking at his 2013 season after we drafted him.

His 2014 season showed that he can make the jump of course, all im saying is that he needs to get his feet wet first and if he's met with some struggle in his first year I believe that its to be expected, not that it was a disappointing year if he's anything less than an immediate producer. We havent even seen the dude in preseason.

That's very reasonable but Williams is the highest rated prospect the jets have drafted since Keyshawn-- I think there's some room for excitement here :)

Archived