NFL Sunday Ticket

Jetlife33

Looking to get this for this upcoming season. I always get MLB.tv just because I'm a baseball junkie and have wanted to get Sunday ticket but it's been directTV exclusive. I heard recently this isn't true anymore? Anyone know how I can purchase it and if it's worth it.

If you have a playstation you can purchase it through that and stream through your TV. The picture quality isnt great though and there's a lag. NFL really bones you with the tv situation.

Yeah I have a PS4 and I downloaded the app last night. It said if I don't have a direct tv subscription to apply for NFL Sunday ticket.tv online, so I went to try but I don't think you can subrscibe for the 2015 season yet, so I'll have to wait and see.

No but that was 2012.

I couldn't get direct tv at that time because the dish has to face south and my apt at the time faced north.

A lot of the stuff I'm reading online about it says you can get it without a direct tv subscription if you live in apartment buildings or certain metro cities, don't know how true that is but i have neither of those things.

Yeah I have a PS4 and I downloaded the app last night. It said if I don't have a direct tv subscription to apply for NFL Sunday ticket.tv online, so I went to try but I don't think you can subrscibe for the 2015 season yet, so I'll have to wait and see.

Yeah you have to wait till week 1. It's a cluster**** for the most part. Looking back I shouldnt have bought the package as I ended up watching Jets games at the bar and using the Redzone at home with the national games. The PS4 quality sucks compared to the HDtv feed.

Yeah you have to wait till week 1. It's a cluster**** for the most part. Looking back I shouldnt have bought the package as I ended up watching Jets games at the bar and using the Redzone at home with the national games. The PS4 quality sucks compared to the HDtv feed.

Well that sucks.

What about a smart tv ? Any chance I can I get it through that ?

Well that sucks.

What about a smart tv ? Any chance I can I get it through that ?

They haven't announced it for this year yet, but last year no. My guess is they will do it with consoles soon enough but not SmartTVs.

For now, you can do an iPad and stream it through AppleTV. There's a huge lag with it though, at least a good 15-25 seconds depending on things. It's like that for every sport though. I have the MLB package and get UFC PPVs all the time and it's the same problem. Cost of doing streaming.

A lot of the stuff I'm reading online about it says you can get it without a direct tv subscription if you live in apartment buildings or certain metro cities, don't know how true that is but i have neither of those things.

Correct you don't need direct tv just an Internet connection and pay the $380 or whatever watch on your laptop.

Direct tv plays games to try to not provide the service so they wait until like a week before the season to make it available because the greedy bastards want you to get the full subscription. Just wait them out they have to offer it or face a legal action.

• 1 month later...

Mine too. So I got it through PS4 and it sucked.

I got it last year on the iPad for 199.99 and it came in pretty good.   Just pick a random address in NYC and check it on the directv website to see if it's eligible for the iPad package.   then go to CVS and get a prepaid american express for 199.99 (not a gift card, the prepaid credit card for people with bad credit).   Register the card to the NYC address and subscribe on directv website.   

This definitely worked for me and was well worth it.   You can get an iPad -> HDMI adapter for $40 and get on your TV with a little quality degradation or just watch on the iPad.   

I got it last year on the iPad for 199.99 and it came in pretty good.   Just pick a random address in NYC and check it on the directv website to see if it's eligible for the iPad package.   then go to CVS and get a prepaid american express for 199.99 (not a gift card, the prepaid credit card for people with bad credit).   Register the card to the NYC address and subscribe on directv website.   

This definitely worked for me and was well worth it.   You can get an iPad -> HDMI adapter for $40 and get on your TV with a little quality degradation or just watch on the iPad.   

I guess I'm a snob when it comes to this stuff. My buddy lived out in Japan and streamed the games and said it was perfect. American wifi sucks.

Simply RedZone is a better deal, unless you want to see some specific out of your market team. A whole bunch cheaper, and they do the remote work for you. 

Simply RedZone is a better deal, unless you want to see some specific out of your market team. A whole bunch cheaper, and they do the remote work for you. 

Yeah, I'm out of market. But I've made nice with the bartenders so they'll always turn on the Jets for me...I wont be paying for the ticket this year. 

RedZone is the single best thing on TV for me. Keeping my TV subscription just for that channel. Most of the time Jets are out of the play off race early and fantasy is the only thing that keeps me going and for fantasy, there is nothing better than RedZone Channel. Without it, my Sundays would not be the same. 

RedZone is the single best thing on TV for me. Keeping my TV subscription just for that channel. Most of the time Jets are out of the play off race early and fantasy is the only thing that keeps me going and for fantasy, there is nothing better than RedZone Channel. Without it, my Sundays would not be the same. 

I agree.  I love the redzone channel.  I watch the full Jets game in whatever time slot it comes on and the other time I'm watching the redzone.  Also great if you play fantasy football.  

Archived