Giants will have better record than the Jets this year

evsbabes

Sitting on the beach the other day I had to listen to arrogant North Jersey Giants fans rant and rave how the Giants were going to win the Super Bowl this season how they were the best organization in football I was ready to tell them to shut the hell up you smug bastards the Giants suck but my wife told me not to. 

First of all, I am a die-hard Jets fan for the past 47 years.  I begged my dad to take me to the Jets AFC Championship game in 1968 against the Raiders, and will never forget the joy I had at age 9 seeing the Jets go to the Superbowl.  So please don't think I am some Giants fan trying to get under your skin.

The Giants will have a better record than the Jets for 2 simple reasons:  1. They play in a crappy division.  Washington will be 2 easy wins for the Giants, and Philly and the Cowboys will both take steps back from last year, while the Giants take 1 step forward.  2. The Giants got Eli Manning at QB, and we have Geno Smith.

That is all you need to know.  If the Jets had either one of what the Giants have above, the Jets would be winning their division and going to the playoffs this year.  If the Jets were in the Giants division and the Giants had to play in the Jets division, the Jets would win more games even with Geno Smith as their QB.  If the Jets had Eli and the Giants had Geno, we win more games even in our division.

If the Jets were in the Giants division, and had Eli as our QB, we would be favorites to win the superbowl.

So much wrong with this statement:

1. We play the NFC East, so we get the benefit of Washington, no reason we cannot beat the Giants as we are a better team

2. Eli is a JAG at best, Geno is an unknown. Geno needs to step up, but it is not like comparing Geno to Rodgers

3. Not sure you cannot say that all teams including the Giants took a step back this offseason. You are right, it will be a crappy division but again we play them as well.

4. Minnesota, and San Fran for the Giants is much tougher than Oakland and Cleveland for the Jets

5. Buffalo will take a step back with Rex and this Jets team has an advantage going against their defense.

6. NE will not be as good. Inflated balls (not a joke) losses at CB, not much in their draft. They will still be good but not as formidable as in years past.

7. Coughlin's message is old. Teams respond well historically to first year HCs.

8. I think people are under-estimating just how much this roster is improved. CB went from Bottom 5 to Top 5. DL went from Top 5 to deeper because of Williams. WR is hugely upgraded with Marshall and Smith. Fitz is better than the dog killer. Running back is deeper. OL and TE are only real concerns.

9. I am not sure that the Eagles will come back as much as people think. They could have the best rushing attack in football.

So much wrong with this statement:

1. We play the NFC East, so we get the benefit of Washington, no reason we cannot beat the Giants as we are a better team.

Really?  We havent beaten them in last 2 shots. BOTH TIMES, a JETS win stops the Giants from the playoffs BUT  they win the SB.

2. Eli is a JAG at best, Geno is an unknown. Geno needs to step up, but it is not like comparing Geno to Rodgers.  JAG?  2 SBs and he is a jag?

3. Not sure you cannot say that all teams including the Giants took a step back this offseason. You are right, it will be a crappy division but again we play them as well.

4. Minnesota, and San Fran for the Giants is much tougher than Oakland and Cleveland for the Jets

5. Buffalo will take a step back with Rex and this Jets team has an advantage going against their defense.

6. NE will not be as good. Inflated balls (not a joke) losses at CB, not much in their draft. They will still be good but not as formidable as in years past. History says you are dead wrong.

7. Coughlin's message is old. Teams respond well historically to first year HCs. 

8. I think people are under-estimating just how much this roster is improved. CB went from Bottom 5 to Top 5. DL went from Top 5 to deeper because of Williams. WR is hugely upgraded with Marshall and Smith. Fitz is better than the dog killer. Running back is deeper. OL and TE are only real concerns.  Agreed but we still have Geno.

9. I am not sure that the Eagles will come back as much as people think. They could have the best rushing attack in football.

All due respect..your logic is simply not supported by anything other than emotion.

Did you know; Eli Manning is #13 all time on TD's thrown with 259?

I didnt.

And he's got a damn good chance to pass Johnny Unitas and go up to #7 overall this season if he throws 31?

Crazy.

Vinny is 9th in passing yardage and 10th in tds.. 

Vinny is 9th in passing yardage and 10th in tds.. 

Crazy.  Eli will pass him on TD's this season (baring an injury) but he'll need a couple more years to pass him on yards...but he will pass him in both before his career is over. 

Crazy.  Eli will pass him on TD's this season (baring an injury) but he'll need a couple more years to pass him on yards...but he will pass him in both before his career is over.

As we all know ... Much different game in the passing offense & particularly QB's favor nowadays

I see Vinny & Eli as very similar QB's ...

... Except I like Vinny

He also is the only qb to have a td pass in every year of his career of 22 years.. So to tie him a QB would have to have played 22 years how many do that?? :animal0029:

Loved VINNY but his post season record and performance will keep him out of any real HOF talk.

IMO... ELI is almost a certainty.

Loved VINNY but his post season record and performance will keep him out of any real HOF talk.

He's not a HOF'er because he compiled alot of yardage..LOL I liked Vinny also but he had just a handful of good seasons in 22 years.. If Chad had Vinny's arm or Vinny had Chads brain we would have had a franchise QB at last..

First of all, I am a die-hard Jets fan for the past 47 years.  I begged my dad to take me to the Jets AFC Championship game in 1968 against the Raiders, and will never forget the joy I had at age 9 seeing the Jets go to the Superbowl.  So please don't think I am some Giants fan trying to get under your skin.

The Giants will have a better record than the Jets for 2 simple reasons:  1. They play in a crappy division.  Washington will be 2 easy wins for the Giants, and Philly and the Cowboys will both take steps back from last year, while the Giants take 1 step forward.  2. The Giants got Eli Manning at QB, and we have Geno Smith.

That is all you need to know.  If the Jets had either one of what the Giants have above, the Jets would be winning their division and going to the playoffs this year.  If the Jets were in the Giants division and the Giants had to play in the Jets division, the Jets would win more games even with Geno Smith as their QB.  If the Jets had Eli and the Giants had Geno, we win more games even in our division.

If the Jets were in the Giants division, and had Eli as our QB, we would be favorites to win the superbowl.

What about in 2016-17?  Or 2017-18?  Basically let me know when I should start watching again.

Did you know; Eli Manning is #13 all time on TD's thrown with 259?

I didnt.

And he's got a damn good chance to pass Johnny Unitas and go up to #7 overall this season if he throws 31?

Crazy.

He played in the passing era though where QBs were protected and interference called liberally.  You can't make statistical comparisons between generations. 

It's Vinny's post-season record that keeps him out of HOF talk?!?!  Vinny was nowhere near a HOFer.  I don't care what kind of stats he accumulated over his very long career.

He's not a HOF'er because he compiled alot of yardage..LOL I liked Vinny also but he had just a handful of good seasons in 22 years.. If Chad had Vinny's arm or Vinny had Chads brain we would have had a franchise QB at last..

Vinny Testaverde was better than you think

too many tables to post here. it is an interesting read. but really academic. he has no chance.

It's Vinny's post-season record that keeps him out of HOF talk?!?!  Vinny was nowhere near a HOFer.  I don't care what kind of stats he accumulated over his very long career.

Ok...I was trying to be kind. His overall stats are pretty strong but I do agree with you.

If he had won a SB, a few playoffs, maybe.

Archived