Sammy Watkins: "Its a problem if we don't make the playoffs"

Klecko73isGod

I dont think he'll have to worry about that but how the **** should I know and why would I care?  

LOLOLOL  You not care about anything Rex related?  Man have a shred of cred and don't say stupid shi* like this.

If Rex has a better than top 5 D you will be crowing about it in every thread.  If they don't you will be excuse mongering.  'Why should I care....'  good one.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOLOLOL  You not care about anything Rex related?  Man have a shred of cred and don't say stupid shi* like this.

If Rex has a better than top 5 D you will be crowing about it in every thread.  If they don't you will be excuse mongering.  'Why should I care....'  good one.

I gave up on Rex.  Never talk about him anymore.  Dont care about him.  

JN loves him.  You'll notice I dont partake.  I can move on.  Unlike most Jets fans. 

I'd say that Rex knows the Jets pretty well considering outside of a handful of players and some draft picks, he's coached every player on the team. And it's not like he is totally unfamiliar with the coaching staff; he faced Bowles in Miami and in Arizona and he's very familiar with Gailey since he faced him in Buffalo while Gailey was Head Coach.

I keep asking what the advantage is. I gave you coaches from out of the division who have come to the division and won. You keep answering at Rex knows the roster. I get that. Everyone knows everyone's roster. There are no secrets, it's a billion dollar industry they do their homework.

Did you expect him to say?

"I think we're going to suck this year and will be battling the Jets for last place in the AFCE and possible the league"

LOL give me a break. Jets are NOT competing for last in the division. They are competing for first, no questions asked.

I am certainly happy that a different team than the Jets in the AFC East is talking themselves up big.  None of it made any sense when it was the Jets who were doing it despite the protestations of many on these boards.  I am just happy to see a different fan base embark on that particular roller coaster ride.

The Bills clearly have talent and Rex is going to get some wins with that team.  Long run short run it doesn't really matter.  Rex does not understand how to build a sustainable winner.  As a head coach he makes a good defensive coordinator, just like his dad.  That unfortunate truth (for the Bills) is going to eventually show up in the results.  

You want to be the one to tell him that?

Bill%27s%20GM%20Whaley_0.JPG

I'm pretty good at reading facial expressions....I think that one says something like " I am responsible for our 11 losses and Rex is responsible for our 5 wins "

So what will Rex's excuse be when the D fails to be a top 5 unit like it was under Schwartz?

Doubt he'll fail in that regard. He's got the same formula working up there that he had here: a stacked defense and a terrible offense. Having an offense that doesn't score takes the pressure off the other team to score. That defense will be very well ranked at the end of the season.

I keep asking what the advantage is. I gave you coaches from out of the division who have come to the division and won. You keep answering at Rex knows the roster. I get that. Everyone knows everyone's roster. There are no secrets, it's a billion dollar industry they do their homework.

There is no advantage in being familiar with personnel and coaches.  You're right.  

I gave up on Rex.  Never talk about him anymore.  Dont care about him.  

JN loves him.  You'll notice I dont partake.  I can move on.  Unlike most Jets fans. 

You and another poster or two show up in every single rex type thread and defend him, or slag present org members as if to lessen rex's history with the team.  Once I see about 5 threads mentioning rex and certain people not showing up in them I'll actually believe that they are 'over him'

You and another poster or two show up in every single rex type thread and defend him, or slag present org members as if to lessen rex's history with the team.  Once I see about 5 threads mentioning rex and certain people not showing up in them I'll actually believe that they are 'over him'

Link?  

Why did you guys delete keysersoze calling me a pussy?

I wanted to talk to him about it. Get some advice and stuff.

I'm pretty sure we're all pu##ies compared to him.....I mean he's keysersoze after all.

Once I see Rex haters stop making threads about him and move on I will believe they are over him.. :animal0029:

There is no advantage in being familiar with personnel and coaches. You're right.

That's three times I've asked and three times you haven't been able to come up with an answer.

I'll help, Rex will know how to block Williams? To cover Marshall? All the new players? The rest of the drafted players? He knows what kind of offense they'll run because? He knows how to attack the D because?

It's a cliche that made sense somewhere else, not with the turnover to the roster and coaching staff.

I'm pretty good at reading facial expressions....I think that one says something like " I am responsible for our 11 losses and Rex is responsible for our 5 wins "

Whaley is a great G.M.  but he's tough.

I can see why Bills fans would be happy though.

They haven't had a reason to get 'excited' about their team in a long, long time. They are lapping this up.

They will probably be more forgiving on Rex if he fails, small market team doesn't really crucify its players like we would here

They will crush the Patriots in week 2, i don't think Garoppolo is ready for a game against that Dline. That will win the hearts of all the Bills fans and keep Rex in the job for the next 3 years

Predator:  Bills fan here.  I think Brady will be playing us week 2.  It strongly appears that he is going to appeal the NFL's decision in Federal Court.  During the appeal process,  I read that he can play ball.  If the decision stands (after the appeal),  he would be looking at a suspension at the end of the season.

That's three times I've asked and three times you haven't been able to come up with an answer.

I'll help, Rex will know how to block Williams? To cover Marshall? All the new players? The rest of the drafted players? He knows what kind of offense they'll run because? He knows how to attack the D because?

It's a cliche that made sense somewhere else, not with the turnover to the roster and coaching staff.

I said you're right.  There is no advantage.  None.  Zero.  It would actually better if he knew less about the personnel and coaches.  

I said you're right.  There is no advantage.  None.  Zero.  It would actually better if he knew less about the personnel and coaches.  

Yeah, playing the overblow it to try and make a point through sarcasm over and over again as opposed to an actual fact is a good way to avoid the question.

And to pump up the post count.

Yeah, playing the overblow it to try and make a point through sarcasm over and over again as opposed to an actual fact is a good way to avoid the question.

And to pump up the post count.

I think it would be best to have a coach that not only doesnt know the other teams players and coaches but if they had no Football experience too.

I think it would be best to have a coach that not only doesnt know the other teams players and coaches but if they had no Football experience too.

As I said you can't even come up with a reason why your original statement means anything.

Even Rex haters that post here will admit that Rex Ryan is a defense genius.   So,  with or without knowledge of the Jets' new players and schemes,  he'll be able to read players such as Brandon Marshall.  Don't forget,  we have Kyle Williams,  Mario Williams Marcell Dareus,  all Pro Bowl (2015) and Jerry Hughes, Nigel Bradham,  et al.   The bills are not worried about Brandon Marshall.  Don't forget,  your team is pretty much in the same position as the Bills in terms of a QB so it's dubious as to how many times Smith will get the ball in Brandon Marshall's hands.   The Bills are not worried about Leonard Williams.  For starters,  we have Richie Incognito.  Then there's Greg Roman  with an encyclopedia of plays. Good luck to any team trying to line up against our offense.  

At the end of the day,  Rex Ryan coached your team and has a good sense of your other players' strengths and weaknesses.  So the poster is right in what he's saying about Rex's knowledge (at least the players') of the Jets' team.  

I'm rooting for Rex. Sorry guys.

I loved Rex, but I can't root for a division rival...of course I hope they win any time it'll benefit the Jets, but that's about it.

Last thing I want is for another former Jets coach to stay in the division and win championships elsewhere.

Even Rex haters that post here will admit that Rex Ryan is a defense genius. So, with or without knowledge of the Jets' new players and schemes, he'll be able to read players such as Brandon Marshall. Don't forget, we have Kyle Williams, Mario Williams Marcell Dareus, all Pro Bowl (2015) and Jerry Hughes, Nigel Bradham, et al. The bills are not worried about Brandon Marshall. Don't forget, your team is pretty much in the same position as the Bills in terms of a QB so it's dubious as to how many times Smith will get the ball in Brandon Marshall's hands. The Bills are not worried about Leonard Williams. For starters, we have Richie Incognito. Then there's Greg Roman with an encyclopedia of plays. Good luck to any team trying to line up against our offense.

At the end of the day, Rex Ryan coached your team and has a good sense of your other players' strengths and weaknesses. So the poster is right in what he's saying about Rex's knowledge (at least the players') of the Jets' team.

First of all the Bills have to be worried about Marshall, he's our #1 WR. It's silly to say they won't worry.

No one was bashing Rex. No one said he isn't a really good DC. Or even talked about what the Bills can do against the Jets and the Jets to the Bills.

It was a conversation about any advantage Rex might have by knowing the Jets roster. My point was the roster is pretty different, the coaching staff is different, the schemes will be different. What he knows about he team any HC can get from film. Not going to be a help any more than the Jets will know what he likes to do and know his schemes. New HCs come into the division and win. Didn't know a thing about the competition.

That was it. Stop with Rex, he's not Lombardi.

You have Incognito? I'd be more worried that he does more damage to the Bills than the teams they play. LOL, Icognito.

I loved Rex, but I can't root for a division rival...of course I hope they win any time it'll benefit the Jets, but that's about it.

Last thing I want is for another former Jets coach to stay in the division and win championships elsewhere.

If it's Rex vs the pats, Phins or Giants I'm rooting for Rex.

:rl:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/27/sammy-watkins-its-a-problem-if-we-dont-make-playoffs/

Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins has spent the offseason recovering from surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip, something that allowed him to slow down after a whirlwind first year in the NFL.

Watkins thinks that’s a positive, saying that his body “feels great” heading into training camp and that he was able to spend time focusing on the coaching he was getting from new receivers coach Sanjay Lal over the last few months. Watkins says the wideouts were “kind of limited” by the coaching last season, but that Lal’s coaching has given him a greater understanding about how to succeed in the NFL.

Watkins’s individual success is going to be tied to quarterback play and that may not work out well for him statistically unless someone wildly overperforms the meager expectations for the Bills signal callers. Watkins isn’t letting it limit his expectations for the team, though.

“Winning, playoffs, championship,” Watkins said, via the Buffalo News. “We’ve got a great team and great coaches. I mean, there’s just no way we shouldn’t be in the playoffs or win a championship. I mean, with the team and coaches and staff that we have, and what they’re doing to bring us together, I think that there’s no doubt that we should win our division and be in the playoffs. It’s a problem if we don’t.”

The defense and collection of skill position players definitely look ready to make a run at a playoff spot in Buffalo. It’s tough to win with the offensive line and quarterback play playing at a low level, however, and the Bills have to get more from those spots before they can mount a serious playoff push.

Problems are part of life, Sammy

Archived