Brandon Marshall worried about Drug Test after a week in Jamaica

JustInFudge

Marshall says he was just having fun.

Brandon Marshall clarifies tweets about marijuana from last weekend

July 28, 2015 2:13 PM

By NEIL BEST  neil.best@newsday.com

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall created a minor stir Sunday with tweets in which he expressed concern he might test positive for marijuana use because of all the secondhand smoke he was exposed to at his sister's wedding over the weekend in Jamaica.

Tuesday he said he mostly was "just having fun," but he did say the smell of smoke on the island was pervasive.

"I was at my sister's wedding and I was just thinking about it because you hear about these cases all the time," Marshall said at an event to promote a partnership between Dick's Sporting Goods and DonorsChoose.org to promote funding for youth sports.

"I was just kidding around. It was like everywhere we would walk. I walk into my room after the day is over and it was like, 'You smell that?!' Or you'll just be on the bus and the driver smells like it. I was like oh, man, this is crazy."

On Sunday, Marshall tweeted, "Dear @NFL there's smoke everywhere in Jamaica. I'm a occasional drinker (wine) red to be exact, but I do not smoke. Please help!!!"

Jets

Marshall: Jets' offense must support each other

In another post he wrote, "It smells like Denver over here!!! I better not fell my drug test."

Wow, I'd say there is already a >50% chance he has already had said drug test and suspension will be forthcoming.

NFL needs to remove pot from the substance abuse penalties. It is ludicrous.

How much longer will the NFL keep this nonsense up.....

How much longer will the NFL keep this nonsense up.....

Let me ask you a question. Where you're employed, what would your boss say if you asked when are you going to allow drugs to be used. How long do you think you would have a job.

What difference is holding the NFL player to the same standard. How stupid do you have to be to smoke away a career you were blessed to be able to do. Suspend all the potheads.( there is a reason NFL spends a lot of money investigating potential draft picks- your team ignored the red flags they have no one but themselves to blame.

Let me ask you a question. Where you're employed, what would your boss say if you asked when are you going to allow drugs to be used. How long do you think you would have a job.

What difference is holding the NFL player to the same standard. How stupid do you have to be to smoke away a career you were blessed to be able to do. Suspend all the potheads.( there is a reason NFL spends a lot of money investigating potential draft picks- your team ignored the red flags they have no one but themselves to blame.

At work and at home aren't the same thing. No employer should have any say about what you do outside of work. Pay people on a 24 hour basis and you may have a point.

Just get it over with and say you don't believe in freedom. Because what's coming is you saying a lot of ifs and buts added in with retarded scenarios. **** off slaver.

At work and at home aren't the same thing. No employer should have any say about what you do outside of work. Pay people on a 24 hour basis and you may have a point.

Just get it over with and say you don't believe in freedom. Because what's coming is you saying a lot of ifs and buts added in with retarded scenarios. **** off slaver.

I was going to respond but I like your response so much better  :)

What are we talking about here, Pot?

Folks are nuts!

Obviously you never held a job in your life. Your employer test you for drugs, and you fail your going to be out of a job( know how long pot stays in your system). Hey let the government take care of you- that's what wrong with the kids today. That why your generation is in for a very tough time. Keep killing your brain cells smoking that crap. You're becoming a slave to your addiction. MORE AND MORE YOUR FREEDOM BEING TAKEN AWAY, AND YOU'RE TOO HIGH TO REALIZE IT.

Obviously you never held a job in your life. Your employer test you for drugs, and you fail your going to be out of a job( know how long pot stays in your system). Hey let the government take care of you- that's what wrong with the kids today. That why your generation is in for a very tough time. Keep killing your brain cells smoking that crap. You're becoming a slave to your addiction. MORE AND MORE YOUR FREEDOM BEING TAKEN AWAY, AND YOU'RE TOO HIGH TO REALIZE IT.

Nah. I just manage multi million dollar bars in New York City and have never voted for the free sh*t party in my life. But yeah, keep acting like you know what you're talking about.

You say 'my generation' and yet you have no idea how old I am. You have no idea about a lot of things. Football isn't alone it seems.

Nah. I just manage multi million dollar bars in New York City and have never voted for the free sh*t party in my life. But yeah, keep acting like you know what you're talking about.

You say 'my generation' and yet you have no idea how old I am. You have no idea about a lot of things. Football isn't alone it seems.

The fact is pot is against the law( federal law- regardless of what states pass- technically the government can raid those so called legal Pot states at any time. The NFL is a billion dollar business, and image is everything. A player wants to have the privelage playing in that league- there are a set of rules they have to follow. Smoking pot is one of them.

A player who knows when he's going to tested , is too stupid to stop smoking pot till after the test is administrated. Than they have no one but themselves to blame. Enjoy a career outside professional football, I hear the bar industry( pushing another drug (although legal- alcohol) is looking to hire that kind of individual.

All that matters four times after you fail a drug test you get four games suspension. The next failed test is 10 games. after that one-year. Those are the rules , and they aren't changing them anytime soon. What more important to you working as a professional football player, or satisfying your addiction to pot.

That's everyone freedom to make that choice.

Wow.

So what's your point Pot isn't an addiction . If it wasn't than why can't these players stop doing pot, when they know the time frame they will be tested. You have to pretty dumb to get caught.

why was Richardson behavior becoming more erractic( late to team meetings- nah it's no big deal he smokes the stuff .). Why the Nfl( corporation) isn't going to look the other way anytime soon on pot.

These pro athletes were blessed with God given athletic ability to play that profession, they want to be dumb enough to throw away their career. Go ahead light up, and let's see if you can find another career that's going to pay as well. They won't get any sympathy from me.

So what's your point Pot isn't an addiction . If it wasn't than why can't these players stop doing pot, when they know the time frame they will be tested. You have to pretty dumb to get caught.

why was Richardson behavior becoming more erractic( late to team meetings- nah it's no big deal he smokes the stuff .). Why the Nfl( corporation) isn't going to look the other way anytime soon on pot.

These pro athletes were blessed with God given athletic ability to play that profession, they want to be dumb enough to throw away their career. Go ahead light up, and let's see if you can find another career that's going to pay as well. They won't get any sympathy from me.

They can't stop because they are irresponsible. Why can't fat people stop eating? Don't blame the substance, blame the individual.

Pot is addicting... it doesn't have a chemical to make you addicted like caffeine or nicotine but is addicting in the way it makes people feel.  Just like people are addicted to taking showers ( staying clean) for example... Addiction is real whether its chemically caused or mentally caused... people that claim otherwise never had to deal with addiction.

Pot is addicting... it doesn't have a chemical to make you addicted like caffeine or nicotine but is addicting in the way it makes people feel. Just like people are addicted to taking showers ( staying clean) for example... Addiction is real whether its chemically caused or mentally caused... people that claim otherwise never had to deal with addiction.

No sir. I have been addicted to pain pills before. The addiction made me literally itch. Pot doesn't do that. case closed.

Youre using the word "addiction" out of context but trying to prove your point with context. But okay. We can agree to disagree. This is getting old already.

Youre using the word "addiction" out of context but trying to prove your point with context. But okay. We can agree to disagree. This is getting old already.

Pot is mentally addicting. Just like free Sunny Leone movies on the Internet.

Archived