Brandon Marshall worried about Drug Test after a week in Jamaica

JustInFudge

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25250918/in-jamaica-brandon-marshall-worries-about-failing-next-drug-test-asks-nfl-for-help

Brandon Marshall worries about NFL drug test after weekend in Jamaica
By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer

July 26, 2015 5:20 pm ET

USATSI_marshall_072615.jpgMarshall went to Jamaica and found himself in an uncomfortable situation. (USATSI)

Over the weekend, Brandon Marshall found himself in a bit of a hazy situation. In Jamaica for his sister's wedding, Marshall wasn't necessarily partaking in any sort of activities that could get him suspended, but that didn't stop him from worrying about his next drug test.

According to Marshall, Jamaica smells like Denver, where smoking marijuana is legal. Naturally, Marshall got worried about being in the presence of all that marijuana, because if it were to show up in his next drug test, he'd most likely be facing a suspension. And let's face it, Geno Smith and the Jets are kind of in need of Marshall's services.

So, of course, Marshall tweeted about it to keep us all in the loop.

And then, perhaps getting paranoid, Marshall decided he didn't want to hide anything from the NFL. So, he then tweeted at the league and asked for its help in dealing with his situation.

The NFL did not, however, reply to Marshall's tweet, leaving Marshall's situation hazier than ever.

Wow, I'd say there is already a >50% chance he has already had said drug test and suspension will be forthcoming.

NFL needs to remove pot from the substance abuse penalties. It is ludicrous.

For non-violators NFL conducts it's drug test first week of camp with advance warning.   Only a dope would put himself in a situation that he might be inhaling a contact high a week before that.   Pot stays in a person's system a very long time.

In order to get suspended he would have had to fail at least 2  previous tests.  if this is his first trip, we might never know he was busted.

For non-violators NFL conducts it's drug test first week of camp with advance warning.   Only a dope would put himself in a situation that he might be inhaling a contact high a week before that.   Pot stays in a person's system a very long time.

In order to get suspended he would have had to fail at least 2  previous tests.  if this is his first trip, we might never know he was busted.

His tweet would suggest he is already in the random testing phase. I really hope nothing happens. There is a threshold too to account for second hand smoke just as there is now a way to tell if it is cocaine use or poppy seed bagets.

His tweet would suggest he is already in the random testing phase. I really hope nothing happens. There is a threshold too to account for second hand smoke just as there is now a way to tell if it is cocaine use or poppy seed bagets.

I'm  certainly no expert, at least on the NFL's criteria for a failure, but I have read that it is unreasonable stringent.     i guess we'll see in a week or two.   The fact that he is pleading for help on twitter tells me your right.

I'm sure the second he walks in the door some one will be standing there with a jar.  Sure hope we don't have two star players down for weeks  to start the season 

This just in I'm worried about AIDS because there was a hooker sitting on the subway two rows away from me this morning.

From what I recall, the NFLs policy on marijuana had their threshold for a positive test so f*cking low, even compared to Olympic standards, that it was possible for second-hand marijuana inhalation to trigger a positive test, but it's still highly unlikely unless he was tested within 24 hours after exposure. 

From what I recall, the NFLs policy on marijuana had their threshold for a positive test so f*cking low, even compared to Olympic standards, that it was possible for second-hand marijuana inhalation to trigger a positive test, but it's still highly unlikely unless he was tested within 24 hours after exposure. 

I just think it's great how he tried to be proactive with it and give the NFL a heads up via Twitter.

2015 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just think it's great how he tried to be proactive with it and give the NFL a heads up via Twitter.

2015 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is probably the most stupid part of it.  But then again he was probably high.     I think they should put a "no twitter" clause in contracts

He should have taken himself far away from the pot smoking activities these guys get paid millions and still need to be reminded. I get random drug tested at my work and I stay far way from any second hand smoke whenever I'm out.

He was in Jamaica.

That is probably the most stupid part of it.  But then again he was probably high.     I think they should put a "no twitter" clause in contracts

I'm going to tweet my company about how I might possibly fail a drug test when I get back from my upcoming trip to Nicaragua because it too is like Denver.  Get proactive with it. 

I'm going to tweet my company about how I might possibly fail a drug test when I get back from my upcoming trip to Nicaragua because it too is like Denver.  Get proactive with it. 

Wise choice.  Let us know how that turns for you.

Your lucky you live in Florida.  I heard they are having  a hard time finding fruit pickers since all the Mexicans went home.

Maybe if he was hot boxing with a reggae band but no matter how much you smell it walking down the street will never give you a detectable level

Archived