NFL Cancels Pre Season Live

flgreen

Check out my post under yours, it doesn't inlcude live reg season games but instead the game rewind that goes up after the live broadcast.

The only way to get Live regular season games over gamepass is to use a VPN and buy the subscription from another country.  If anyone wants assistance with this pm me and I'll be glad to help you out.

The VPN is the easy part.  It is my understanding that they require a credit card with a billing address in a foreign country.  I friggin' hate being held hostage by scum sucking DirecTv!

No I'm in Florida.  This is a new package they are calling "Domestic" game pass.  I was in contact with them today, and as yet they don't even have a price for it. 

The $20 preseason game package was great.   I usually watch regular season games at a bar that has a lot of Jets fans in it, but I like to watch the pre-season games at home, and a lot of bars don't offer the pre-season games.

Just another way to choke the last penny out o people.  

Where in Florida? I'm in Stuart.

The VPN is the easy part.  It is my understanding that they require a credit card with a billing address in a foreign country.  I friggin' hate being held hostage by scum sucking DirecTv!

Negative, you just enter a bogus shipping address I think (I don't even remember if I did this) and I use my debit card for the funds.

EDIT: Actually I think I do vaguely remember doing this, I think I just google mapped london and zoomed in and picked a residential spot and put that as my shipping address.

anyone know when they're going to announce pricing?

I'd imagine end of this week or next week.  Still some time before preseason.  The package is going to be preseason live and game rewind.  Whatever they were charging for Game Rewind by itself plus the price of preseason should be expected.  

NFL Game Rewind subscribers can watch full-game replays of their favorite team for $29.99, or pay $39.99 for Season to view all NFL regular season games. The top version, Season Plus, costs $69.99 and lets fans watch full game replays of every NFL Game all season long - Including the playoffs and Super Bowl 

So I would guess the new package prices will be $49.99 - $89.99

EDIT: Just to reiterate No Live Regular Season Games.

I'd imagine end of this week or next week.  Still some time before preseason.  The package is going to be preseason live and game rewind.  Whatever they were charging for Game Rewind by itself plus the price of preseason should be expected.  

So I would guess the new package prices will be $49.99 - $89.99

EDIT: Just to reiterate No Live Regular Season Games.

Actually looks like they are putting the live games in a USA version of Game Pass but no pricing on that yet. Likely means I have to try and find a stream or catch the replay on NFLN and try to stay unspoiled until then.

I remember signing up for Nimbo TV last year, if you are from out of town, but know someone who lives in the tristate area ask them to sign up for Nimbo, give you the password, and you can watch channels 2, 4, 5, 7 from anywhere. It worked for me last year when I was on vacation I watched the Jets Giants preseason game on my CPU through Nimbo no lag.

Actually looks like they are putting the live games in a USA version of Game Pass but no pricing on that yet. Likely means I have to try and find a stream or catch the replay on NFLN and try to stay unspoiled until then.

From an earlier post of mine.  I had Preseason Live last year, this was the email I got from them a couple weeks ago:

*NFL Game Pass includes live access to most preseason games. Such live preseason games do not include all nationally-broadcast preseason games and any preseason games televised in a user’s local market. Preseason games that are not available live in NFL Game Pass will be made available on-demand in the NFL Game Pass archives shortly after the conclusion of the original telecast. NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, and Super Bowl game broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis in the NFL Game Pass archives after such games have aired on broadcast television. Sunday morning and afternoon games (9:30am ET, 1pm ET & 4pm ET), and Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday and Saturday NFL games are available following the conclusion of the applicable game telecast. NFL Game Pass is unavailable during the telecast of the Super Bowl. Some 2009 regular season games are not available. NFL Game Pass is only available to users within the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands), and Mexico.

** Some live Preseason games may not be available live on phones, but will always be available in the archives.

Yeah

I'm probably going to pay for it in the end, but my price just went up from $5 a game to around $50 for the preseason, and a bunch of other stuff I don't want.  I'm sure there are a lot of displaced Jets'  fans that were using the old  perseason, and now they are pulling the ole bait and switch on them.  Just very annoying.    

Kind of like the old "PSL's are and investment" crap.   In the end in came down to if you can afford the PSL, you buy it, if not, you don't.  There used to be a waiting list of about 10,000 people for Jets' tickets, Now they are begging people to buy.

Just think it's a matter of time before people find something else to do on Sunday if the greed continues, and it will

Agreed.  I am becoming disenchanted somewhat. 

From an earlier post of mine.  I had Preseason Live last year, this was the email I got from them a couple weeks ago:

*NFL Game Pass includes live access to most preseason games. Such live preseason games do not include all nationally-broadcast preseason games and any preseason games televised in a user’s local market. Preseason games that are not available live in NFL Game Pass will be made available on-demand in the NFL Game Pass archives shortly after the conclusion of the original telecast. NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, and Super Bowl game broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis in the NFL Game Pass archives after such games have aired on broadcast television. Sunday morning and afternoon games (9:30am ET, 1pm ET & 4pm ET), and Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday and Saturday NFL games are available following the conclusion of the applicable game telecast. NFL Game Pass is unavailable during the telecast of the Super Bowl. Some 2009 regular season games are not available. NFL Game Pass is only available to users within the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands), and Mexico.

** Some live Preseason games may not be available live on phones, but will always be available in the archives.

Confused. It specifically states preseason games are live unless they are nationally televised games.

Negative, you just enter a bogus shipping address I think (I don't even remember if I did this) and I use my debit card for the funds.

EDIT: Actually I think I do vaguely remember doing this, I think I just google mapped london and zoomed in and picked a residential spot and put that as my shipping address.

Payment requires a valid, matching billing address.  Enter a bogus address and the transaction fails. This is SOP for payment processing.

Payment requires a valid, matching billing address.  Enter a bogus address and the transaction fails. This is SOP for payment processing.

Well I don't know what to tell you except have you tried it?

I don't have a UK cc or a UK address, I live in New Hampshire, but they take my money with no issue each year for the last 3 years.

Just called the NFL. I guess they have finally put a price on the new "preseason package" $99. 5 x more then the $20 last year.

Game re-wind has also been cancelled. I didn't see any point in squawking to the kid on the phone, but I did send an e-mail to the NFL along the lines of

With the integrity of the league in question, the Pats caught cheating in the play-offs..................again, one would think the NFL would be looking to repair the damage with their fans. 

Instead they are trying to choke the final penny out of us for what is spiraling into a weak version of the WWE.

Think I'll find something else to do this fall. Thank you

Use Pay pal if still available

Just called the NFL. I guess they have finally put a price on the new "preseason package" $99. 5 x more then the $20 last year.

Game re-wind has also been cancelled. I didn't see any point in squawking to the kid on the phone, but I did send an e-mail to the NFL along the lines of

With the integrity of the league in question, the Pats caught cheating in the play-offs..................again, one would think the NFL would be looking to repair the damage with their fans. 

Instead they are trying to choke the final penny out of us for what is spiraling into a weak version of the WWE.

Think I'll find something else to do this fall. Thank you

So they combined Preseason live (20bucks) and Game rewind (60 bucks) and added 10 bucks to the package price.  Its not entirely terrible to be honest just sucks for the small % of people that bought a preseason package only in the past.

So they combined Preseason live (20bucks) and Game rewind (60 bucks) and added 10 bucks to the package price.  Its not entirely terrible to be honest just sucks for the small % of people that bought a preseason package only in the past.

This seems to be what they have done.   My problem with it is addicted fans, who are relocated away from their team, and are interested enough in the NFL to buy a preseason package, are now being forced to purchase a larger package, 5x more then they were paying, for services they don't want.   

The NFL will more then likely get away with it, because suckers like me will pay the $25 a game to see pre-season games.  There will at some point be a tipping point, where fans decide "screw it, not worth it, going fishing/golf/hockey."

The kid on the phone did tell me that it wasn't announced yet, but pre-season games MIGHT be available right before they start in a different package.   Interpretation:  If fans who currently use pre-season live don't buy the new new package (I'm stupid, and probably will) and they think they might lose $0.50, they might come up with a last minute package 

This seems to be what they have done.   My problem with it is addicted fans, who are relocated away from their team, and are interested enough in the NFL to buy a preseason package, are now being forced to purchase a larger package, 5x more then they were paying, for services they don't want.   

The NFL will more then likely get away with it, because suckers like me will pay the $25 a game to see pre-season games.  There will at some point be a tipping point, where fans decide "screw it, not worth it, going fishing/golf/hockey."

The kid on the phone did tell me that it wasn't announced yet, but pre-season games MIGHT be available right before they start in a different package.   Interpretation:  If fans who currently use pre-season live don't buy the new new package (I'm stupid, and probably will) and they think they might lose $0.50, they might come up with a last minute package 

Yeah thats the part that sucks but it definitely has to be a business reason.  I'd imagine the preseason live package was very little actual revenue income while the game rewind probably sold exponentially more.  So I can see them combining them to reach more people and at the same time cut down on the fat of mulitple packages that aren't selling where they want them to be at.

I know right now you see it as 25 dollars a preseason game but hopefully you will leverage the rest of the package throughout the year, perhaps you missed a game or want to watch a specific quarter of a game again that your dvr ****ed up on.  At least you will have another avenue to replay the games in case you missed it or maybe you want to rewatch Week 7 5 times this year when we crush the Pats during their banner raising night :)

Yeah thats the part that sucks but it definitely has to be a business reason.  I'd imagine the preseason live package was very little actual revenue income while the game rewind probably sold exponentially more.  So I can see them combining them to reach more people and at the same time cut down on the fat of mulitple packages that aren't selling where they want them to be at.

I know right now you see it as 25 dollars a preseason game but hopefully you will leverage the rest of the package throughout the year, perhaps you missed a game or want to watch a specific quarter of a game again that your dvr ****ed up on.  At least you will have another avenue to replay the games in case you missed it or maybe you want to rewatch Week 7 5 times this year when we crush the Pats during their banner raising night :)

We agree.   It is definitely a business decision.   Good for them, bad for fans.

As to the last paragraph.  I had the Ticket for years for the very reasons you stated.   Can't recall Re-watching more then 1 or 2 games on it in years.  Gave it up.

Like i said, I'll most likely pay it , but the NFL is starting to piss me off on several levels.

Nfl network (TV) advertising all 65 pre season games will be televised starting Aug. 12th.

I hope that's true.   I don't really need to see the games live, I just want to see how certain players are doing.   During the preseason, if anyone hear's what  day and time the Jets are on, please post it in this thread.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

So I got the International Game Pass.  Turns out they had Pay Pal as an option so the address was a moot point anyway.  On some of the "cut the cord" type forums people were saying they did not care if you used a US credit card with a US address, but Pay Pal took the iffiness out of it.  My VPN (using an NL server) is working smoothly on all my devices and I have been able to access all of the archived pre-season games without any problems.  The only glitch I have is casting -- I get an NFL logo on the screen with the "ready to cast" message but the NFL's server bombs and says it "cannot open a session".  We'll see how that works out on Sunday.   I can always connect with a cable.

Thanks for your input on this.

They offered a 7 day trial of the Game Pass. So I signed up for the trial 3 times (last game was live on NFLN) and saw all the preseason games this year for free instead of giving them $19.95. Wonder how many caved and paid for the year of Game Pass just to see preseaon games.

Archived