Breaking: NFL upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension.

Morrissey

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok you were asked to hand over your phone in a investigation about what you knew - you did not. Then you destroy the phone- you reason I destroy my phone every 4 months- my 6 year nephew could come up with a better story

Not good news at all.

The Steelers and Bills just got a gift and we are being served up as Brady's first home game in a raucous Gillette Stadium.

It's a disaster.  If we had a shot at a wildcard, we may have just lost it.

SAR I

LOL.

Bravo 

Simply genius

You are so under appreciated.

Courts tend to frown on litigants that are found to have destroyed evidence. While the evidence was destroyed prior to any court proceeding (so it wouldn't  be a crime) it would certainly look really bad for Brady and  the reason the NFL leaked out that piece of information via Stephen A Smith prior to releasing the ruling.  

Ok you were asked to hand over your phone in a investigation about what you knew - you did not. Then you destroy the phone- you reason I destroy my phone every 4 months- my 6 year nephew could come up with a better story

Actually FABA it's far worse. the wells report indicated that Brady was only asked to give up a small handful of text messages not cell phone. by destroying the phone pretty much told the world yes I cheated but you'll never know because I'm hiding evidence forever.

Just finished reading the decision.  It is very well done and blows every Brady/NFLPA argument completely out of the water. The destruction of the cellphone is icing on the cake from an atmospherics perspective.  

Brady should cut his losses now so that he doesn't embarrass himself further and so Jimmy G can get ready for the season opener without any unnecessary distraction.  

Just finished reading the decision.  It is very well done and blows every Brady/NFLPA argument completely out of the water. The destruction of the cellphone is icing on the cake from an atmospherics perspective.  

Brady should cut his losses now so that he doesn't embarrass himself further and so Jimmy G can get ready for the season opener without any unnecessary distraction.  

You are a man of honor to come here and say that after suffering a judgment like that against your team's best player. Any opinion on whether Brady will take this to court? 

You are a man of honor to come here and say that after suffering a judgment like that against your team's best player. Any opinion on whether Brady will take this to court? 

I think he probably will, but it would be a huge mistake.  Between the CBA, the well-reasoned decision, and the undermining of Brady's credibility, no court is going to overturn the suspension and he will just distract the team by doing so and keep the issue in the public eye even longer than it already has been.  Better if he just cuts his losses now -- this will look even worse than it already does with the imprimatur of a federal judge.  

I think he probably will, but it would be a huge mistake.  Between the CBA, the well-reasoned decision, and the undermining of Brady's credibility, no court is going to overturn the suspension and he will just distract the team by doing so and keep the issue in the public eye even longer than it already has been.  Better if he just cuts his losses now -- this will look even worse than it already does with the imprimatur of a federal judge.  

This.  Plus, Brady runs the risk that even if he gets a TRO to stay the suspension, he runs the risk of losing and then having the 4 game suspension implemented later in the year when the Pats are jockeying for playoff seeding.

The most damming evidence in this whole report is this IMO..

"The very day that [brady] was interviewed by Mr. Wells and his investigative team - Mr. Brady instructed his assistant to destroy the cellphone that he had been using since early November 2014..... At the time that [brady] arranged  for the [cellphones] destruction, Mr. Brady knew that Mr. Wells and his team had requested information from that cellphone in connection with their investigation."

Brady has hurt the Pats and then NFL with this arrogant behavior.

Funnier? Cloud data is discoverable directly from end users under the model ESI order. I mean I assume that would be the case regardless but in district court it's explicit.

It'd take about 15 minutes to extract that stuff too. A couple of searches and, done.

Funnier? Cloud data is discoverable directly from end users under the model ESI order. I mean I assume that would be the case regardless but in district court it's explicit.

BradyFan: Brady didn't have to turn over his phone.  NFL has no subpoena power!

NFL: In federal court we will.

BradyFan: Well ... um ... I guess that's why he destroyed it.

NFL: And we can get access to his cloud data.

BradyFan: ...

Archived