Breaking: NFL upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension.

Morrissey

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To get an injunction he will have to convince a judge he has a good chance to win. Psi and his innocence won't be litigated in this appeal. It will be procedure and whether or not he was suspended fairly under the cba.

Correct and that's why the NFL needed to confirm their decision in New York Federal District Court. It will take it out of the the US District court - state of Minnesota.

A federal court that has already allowed Adrian Peterson to return while the case lies in state awaiting judgement.

Ok I'm being serious here , why couldn't he just destroy the cell phone himself ? He had to instruct his assistant to do it ?

All too easy, Ted Yee instructed him to do so in case the NFL filed a grievance based on possible exhibit tampering charges.

Filing a registry of notice isn't a thing. Where the suit can be filed is a matter of the normal rules of jurisdiction and venue. And yeah, I really am pretty sure that any kind of actual filing from the NFL here would have to be a deca.

What do you do for a living?

I work for a law firm. Any appeal of a judgement has to be filed where the judgment was filed. You know, jurisdiction?

You can only change the venue if you're going to higher court These are both US District Court locations.

The mistake with the Adrian Peterson issue was that they didn't file a notice of judgment in US District Court. The NFL was not going to let this happen twice.

Give it up.  There is no bad news in this.  If Brady had won the appeal the Jets would still have to play him in Gillette

It helps the Steelers and Bills markedly which is bad for us.

We get Gillette in the most passionate, heated environment since Bill Parcells first return to Foxboro in green in 1997.

It's going to be bad.  Bet the farm against the Jets that night.

SAR I

Your schtick is ******* tiresome.

It's not schtick, it's the proper way to look at this.  It's how a Yankee fan would look at this.

Rejoice that Tom Brady got caught and the Colts got justice in July, be angry that the Steelers and Bills got a gift in September and as two wildcard threats that can make the difference between 9 wins making the playoffs and 10.  We're only good for 9, if that.

SAR I

It helps the Steelers and Bills markedly which is bad for us.

We get Gillette in the most passionate, heated environment since Bill Parcells first return to Foxboro in green in 1997.

It's going to be bad.  Bet the farm against the Jets that night.

SAR I

On a positive note, losing 63-0 on Tom Brady Returns Night in Gillette probably is what it takes to give Bryce Petty the starting job the following week.

SAR I

PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR STOP BEING A JETS FAN

*Pats fans are such a delusional salty bunch, it's always someone else fault

Right now i don't care if Tom Brady plays a single game for us this Season, don't care about winning on the Field either.
The ONLY WIN i care is in the Court. I want Tommy to sue the hell out of the NYJFL.
I have just finished fasting during our Holy Month of Ramadan and as much as i prayed for Peace on Earth and for my Family ,,i have also said quite a few prayers for Tom to take it to Goodell and sue him and his Jets cronies till he resigns.
We don't need another Super Bowl , yet ,, we need our GOAT to clear his name and when he wins the suit he will give it out all to Charity.
My 2 boys proudly wear number 12 wherever they go and oh before i forget i have a nephew a die hard 49ers fan ,,has a number 12 sticker on his car { nice BMW suv } to show his support.
Never been so angry and disgusted with this DeflateFramegate and how America are treating Tom Brady.
Salam to all, God Bless. A very angry Abdul from Bahrain

Buy my PSL's then.  Oh, wait, you don't attend Jets games.  You just complain about people who make the effort.

SAR I

If thats all it will take then I'm sure we can find a buyer here or a bunch of us will chip in you are a poor excuse for a Jets fan regardless of your PSL and season tickets. 

I knew it would come today. 

As I got dressed this morning, I thought... "you know what, I'm wearing my ******* Jets hat to work today", on my way through downtown Boston I got pissy looks from many more people than usual. I just smirked back at them... you know, one of those "lol, at your miserable ******* existence" looks. 

This news coming in today just seems right. Good things!

You're in the thick of things. Wear that hat proudly brother! 

I work for a law firm. Any appeal of a judgement has to be filed where the judgment was filed. You know, jurisdiction?

You can only change the venue if you're going to higher court These are both US District Court locations.

The mistake with the Adrian Peterson issue was that they didn't file a notice of judgment in US District Court. The NFL was not going to let this happen twice.

f2232897d41021fb5ad9fcc2de77b53b.jpg

Right now i don't care if Tom Brady plays a single game for us this Season, don't care about winning on the Field either.

The ONLY WIN i care is in the Court. I want Tommy to sue the hell out of the NYJFL.

I have just finished fasting during our Holy Month of Ramadan and as much as i prayed for Peace on Earth and for my Family ,,i have also said quite a few prayers for Tom to take it to Goodell and sue him and his Jets cronies till he resigns.

We don't need another Super Bowl , yet ,, we need our GOAT to clear his name and when he wins the suit he will give it out all to Charity.

My 2 boys proudly wear number 12 wherever they go and oh before i forget i have a nephew a die hard 49ers fan ,,has a number 12 sticker on his car { nice BMW suv } to show his support.

Never been so angry and disgusted with this DeflateFramegate and how America are treating Tom Brady.

Lol what do the Jets or allah have to do with this?

And what is the NYJFL? Is that the league that is run and operated by corrupt Jets officials? The same one in which the Jets haven't even been to a Super Bowl since 1969?

BINGO!!!!

And you hit the trifecta!!!

Thank you very much :)

Don't worry, he thought he was a statistician a few months ago as well when he was trying to tell us that the deflating wasn't real. 

I don't know anything about law or jurisdiction, but I'm hoping you're right. Anything to keep the venue in NY!

LMAO @ patsfansrmorons.com

An actual quote:

Why does it matter if he destroyed his phone? He wasn't going to give them his phone anyway and they weren't going to get it, so why is this being portrayed as a heinous crime now? I mean, I get why this hurts in the court of public opinion, just not in the facts of the case.

lmao-o.gif

Hahahahhaah the greatest thing in that rant is the belief that the NFL is in back pocket of the Jets!!

Insanity!!

You made that up , that's not real is it ?

And what is the NYJFL? Is that the league that is run and operated by corrupt Jets officials? The same one in which the Jets haven't even been to a Super Bowl since 1969?

Delusion, is delusion

It's always the salty Jets fault somehow. 

Wait, Brady says he destroyed hid phone because he always does that when he gets a new one.

But then if you read Goodell's full statement released today, they were able to look at 2 of Brady's other phones, including the one from right before the destroyed one. Why were those phones not destroyed per his usual course of action?

It's not schtick, it's the proper way to look at this. It's how a Yankee fan would look at this.

Rejoice that Tom Brady got caught and the Colts got justice in July, be angry that the Steelers and Bills got a gift in September and as two wildcard threats that can make the difference between 9 wins making the playoffs and 10. We're only good for 9, if that.

SAR I

What if we get a BMW to play OLB and move the team to Bergen County? Like, really nice Bergen County.

BTW, the Beemer pays $6.99/lb for cherries and doesn't care who knows.

Their salty tears are delicious!!

I don't work for a law firm. A law firm works for me.

It's not an appeal of a judgment. It's an action to affirm or enjoin the conduct of a private actor.

You can only change venue laterally, not going to a higher court.

Notice of judgment again not a thing. If the arbtration decision was from a neutral third party the NFL could bring an action to certify. That's about as close as you get to saying anything that isn't wrong and insane. You should be fired if your job involves anything other than making coffee.

I'm sorry Rutgers - it's just I'm going off on a Pats fan who doesn't know anything else but Tom Brady and drinks the Patriots' kool-aid.

Is THAT what you think you're doing?

Don't worry, he thought he was a statistician a few months ago as well when he was trying to tell us that the deflating wasn't real. 

I don't know anything about law or jurisdiction, but I'm hoping you're right.

Alas.

Totally real, just visit their board r/patriots is a gold mine. 

Ugh....unbelievable how delusional a fan base could be. They really don't get that if Goodell continues to just let the Patriots* continue their cheating ways that other teams will follow suit and the NFL will quickly become the WWE. We are talking about the sanctity of the entire League and people are justifying with "it's just a little air pressure durr" 

Archived