Breaking: NFL upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension.

Morrissey

I don't work for a law firm. A law firm works for me.

It's not an appeal of a judgment. It's an action to affirm or enjoin the conduct of a private actor.

You can only change venue laterally, not going to a higher court.

Notice of judgment again not a thing. If the arbtration decision was from a neutral third party the NFL could bring an action to certify. That's about as close as you get to saying anything that isn't wrong and insane. You should be fired if your job involves anything other than making coffee.

Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that.  It's an action to enjoin conduct based on an alleged violation of a collective bargaining agreement, which basically makes it a fairly standard breach of contract action.  And Brady would absolutely lose any lawsuit given the wide discretion the NFLPA gave the commish in the last CBA, plus the destruction of evidence.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that.  It's an action to enjoin conduct based on an alleged violation of a collective bargaining agreement, which basically makes it a fairly standard breach of contract action.  And Brady would absolutely lose any lawsuit given the wide discretion the NFLPA gave the commish in the last CBA, plus the destruction of evidence.

/discussion

Let me understand joewilly logic:

A good Jets fan makes fun of a competitor instead of taking pride in his own team.

A bad Jets fan notices that a suspension provides two competitors a distinct advantage and expresses his dismay.

SAR I

Don't worry I am sure Bowles will forfeit the game that week.  Do you even read the stuff you post?  No offense but you are coming off as a serious......  

pussycat-732002.jpg

You starting to remind me of this guy....

lPCPK4t.gif

My God you really do know nothing about law.

The NFLPA is going to attempt to try to file tomorrow in Minnesota US federal court. Part of their appeal is going to be an attempt for removal of jurisdiction.

Their attempt is based on the fact the NFL offices are located in New York and Tom Brady lives in Massachusetts and does not have the benefit of being a resident of the same state as the NFL.

Even the US Supreme Court dealt with this issue based on a bank that was being sued at an office in one state while the main offices were located in another.

The US Supreme court could not make judgement of this because they both exist under the same joint ownership in both states. just as the NFL is incorporated in both New York and Massachusetts.

it's going to be very interesting if Minnesota even agrees to take this to the court because of it.

As for the "notice of judgement" - you've never been involved in a court case that has led to a judgement?

Oh, by the way the NFL's notice of judgement is an action to certify their third party judgment.

And yet you say you hire lawyers?

Do you know how to use Google?!!

Have you ever used a search engine?

I'm starting to believe you are not smarter than a 5th grader...

Dude ... there is so much wrong here i just ... i just don't know what to do. This is like a Picasso of wrong legal analysis, in that it's both a spectacular work of art and also that it relies on completely distorted perspectives.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Dude ... there is so much wrong here i just ... i just don't know what to do. This is like a Picasso of wrong legal analysis, in that it's both a spectacular work of art and also that it relies on completely distorted perspectives.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Not for nothing but Doggin has just slathered catsup on this thread and nothing left to do but wait for the burp.

Which one? The JN resident lawyer debate? Possessions needed for the zombie apocalypse? Or Shakespeare?

There's an additional category that exists only in drdetroit's head. I'm going with whatever that is.

Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that. It's an action to enjoin conduct based on an alleged violation of a collective bargaining agreement, which basically makes it a fairly standard breach of contract action. And Brady would absolutely lose any lawsuit given the wide discretion the NFLPA gave the commish in the last CBA, plus the destruction of evidence.

If Brady brings it, sure. It's a contract action with a request for injunctive relief. League brings it, it's a deca. It's not complicated at all. And yes, of course Brady loses once the merits are reached. Getting the deca kicked for ripeness so he can go forum shop is a separate matter.

This thread's starting to feel like a spec script for Law-Talkin' Guys

I haven't felt this much out of my element since I accidentally clicked on the chat tab and saw JiF and Klacko discussing things they've recently bedazzled.

that's what I was thinking.

that's the $64,000 question.

Literally in some fantasy leagues I'd imagine.  I'm pretty frustrated at how this whole thing has turned out.  Goodell has clearly been pretty biased with the whole thing and should not have arbitrated the case himself, but Brady, Kraft, and the NFLPA are also drawing my ire for destroying phones, rolling over, and negotiating garbage CBAs respectively.

Archived