Breaking: NFL upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension.

Morrissey

Goodell is such an incompetent scumbag that his methods--as well as the inherent arbitrary/illogical nature of many of his decisions--that you're almost rooting for the other scumbags in the matter (the Pats) to win.  If half of what Brady's agent says is true, Goddell is, at best, a disingenuous, arbitrary putz, and at worst a lying megalomaniac.

Under Goodell's "stewardship", we've watch him, piece by piece, take the heart and beauty out of the game of football.  I'd hate it if Brady won the case.  But there is a part of me (the part that loves the game), that would love nothing more than to see Goodell laid bare as the fraud I believe him to be.

For once he got something right.  This is a thread for celebration.  Goodell's day of reckoning can wait.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More Joewilly logic:

Good Jets Fan:  Doesn't attend games, criticizes season ticket holders for not making enough noise even though its his voice that's missing.

Bad Jets Fan:  Commits time and finances to the Jets for 30 years, can't attend every game, sells a few tickets a year to other Jets fans.

SAR I

PSLs and season tickets are nothing but a status thing to you to be able to say you have them and go to games. 

You are a negative fan with nothing good to say about the Jets. 

A lot of truth in my logic. 

joewilly12

Will both of of you please STFU already and stop hijacking threads?

If you got a beef, PM each other.

For once he got something right.  This is a thread for celebration.  Goodell's day of reckoning can wait.

Exactly. 

Plus I love it that team Brady got outplayed by the NFL. Since Team Brady kept saying that they were going to appeal ANY suspension that gave the NFL the idea to preemptively seek to confirm the ruling in NY as opposed to letting team Brady sit back and choose which Judge they wanted to hear the case (Doty or some random Mass judge with possible biases). 

Loss of draft picks, large fines, Brady suspended for 4 games and the Pats/Brady legacy tarnished forever. Yet some SOJF's will still find a reason to be upset today. 

Exactly. 

Plus I love it that team Brady got outplayed by the NFL. Since Team Brady kept saying that they were going to appeal ANY suspension that gave the NFL the idea to preemptively seek to confirm the ruling in NY as opposed to letting team Brady sit back and choose which Judge they wanted to hear the case (Doty or some random Mass judge with possible biases). 

Loss of draft picks, large fines, Brady suspended for 4 games and the Pats/Brady legacy tarnished forever. Yet some SOJF's will still find a reason to be upset today. 

I don't think the NFL has a slam dunk yet.  The NFLPA will file suit in MN today and i think what normally may happen when multiple suits are filed for the same case is they will give the case to the judge with the most experience in handling these cases.  So in that regard MN will still get the case.  Lets hope thats not how it goes down but right now its a good possibility.

That presser was a nightmare.   Lying pieces of $hit.

kraft blew off the cheating as "an alleged ball infraction"

it's like they don't realize everyone sees them as repeat offender cheaters

brady is digging himself a giant hole

if he had just admitted it in the very first press conference and said, "we would have kicked their asses anyway" none of this would have happened

good

**** them

PSLs and season tickets are nothing but a status thing to you to be able to say you have them and go to games. 

You are a negative fan with nothing good to say about the Jets. 

A lot of truth in my logic. 

joewilly12

Nothing to do with status.  I enjoy going to games with my family and next to a consistent group of fans who have become friends over the years.  And what status is there in being associated with the Jets anyway?  LOL.  The Jets are many things, they're not a status-symbol.

I am not a negative fan; I am a realistic one.

The downside of the Steelers and Bills getting an easier game against the Patriots offsets any tiny upside to Tom Brady's rep being dented, as if Patriots fans are feeling soiled in their new Super Bowl Champions caps and t-shirts. 

This is worse than Cecil The Lion.

SAR I

Great, wonderful.  Now, this can be dragged through the news even more.  I'm not sure how the NFL loses this case to be honest.  The cases they've lost were criminal offenses in which the law supersedes the game of football, and when the law bypasses charges, it puts the NFL in a tough spot.  This would be a matter of the integrity of the game, at which the commissioner retains the right to punish those offenses per the CBA.   

BREAKING NEWS:

daniel kaplan
‏@dkaplanSBJ
Big news, Minnesota judge has ordered this morning the NFLPA lawsuit over Brady b transferred to Manhattan, where the NFL first filed

Looking good for the NFL.

This is why the NFL filed first.

Yup!  When you threaten for weeks if not months that if you don't get your way you are going to federal court this is what happens.  They put the NFL on notice and the NFL planned accordingly.  Can't hate on them for that.

Yup!  When you threaten for weeks if not months that if you don't get your way you are going to federal court this is what happens.  They put the NFL on notice and the NFL planned accordingly.  Can't hate on them for that.

NFL is stacking small wins.

Doesn't need a new thread, you guys are already talking about it, I'll put this here:

1163.jpg

A Minnesota judge has transferred the NFLPA's Tom Brady lawsuit back to New York.

The NFLPA filed the suit in Minnesota in an effort to get Judge David Doty, who has historically sided with the Player's Association. U.S. District Judge Richard Kyle saw through that, kicking the case back to Manhattan where the NFL preemptively filed. "The Court sees little reason for this action to have been commenced in Minnesota at all," Kyle wrote. "Brady plays for a team in Massachusetts; the Union is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; the NFL is headquartered in New York; the arbitration proceedings took place in New York; and the award was issued in New York." It's a win for the NFL as the real legal battle gets going.

If the NFL needed Brady's threat to plan for federal court they should hire new attorneys.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25254359/minnesota-court-sends-tom-brady-nflpa-lawsuit-to-manhattan

Finally someone calling bullsh*t out loud:

"The Court strongly suspects the Union filed in Minnesota because it has obtained favorable rulings from this Court in the past on behalf of its members," Judge Kyle wrote.

"Indeed, the Court sees little reason for this action to have been commenced in Minnesota at all," Judge Kyle wrote. "Brady plays for a team in Massachusetts; the Union is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; the NFL is headquartered in New York; the arbitration proceedings took place in New York; and the award was issued in New York."

Brady and the NFLPA must be feeling the butthurt this morning.  Not going to get your go-to judge this time.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25254359/minnesota-court-sends-tom-brady-nflpa-lawsuit-to-manhattan

Finally someone calling bullsh*t out loud:

Brady and the NFLPA must be feeling the butthurt this morning.  Not going to get your go-to judge this time.

Yeah.  This did seem to be a pretty obvious case of venue shopping.  They overplayed their hand.  The arbitration being in NY should not be deciding since that would mean the league got to choose, but there is no real reason for Minnesota.  Peterson played on the Vikings.  It made sense.  They might have pulled off DC or Mass, but Minnesota?  Because the judge has seen this type of case before?  These guys have all seen tons of arbitration cases based on CBA discipline cases. 

BREAKING NEWS:

daniel kaplan

‏@dkaplanSBJ

Big news, Minnesota judge has ordered this morning the NFLPA lawsuit over Brady b transferred to Manhattan, where the NFL first filed

Looking good for the NFL.

No judge wants to touch this case

Yeah. This did seem to be a pretty obvious case of venue shopping. They overplayed their hand. The arbitration being in NY should not be deciding since that would mean the league got to choose, but there is no real reason for Minnesota. Peterson played on the Vikings. It made sense. They might have pulled off DC or Mass, but Minnesota? Because the judge has seen this type of case before? These guys have all seen tons of arbitration cases based on CBA discipline cases.

I don't understand the logic unless Brady has a domicile in Minnesota I don't know about. He's from California and has properties in Massechusets and NY.

Then again Brady and his legal team are lost in another world right now who knows what they are thinking.

Archived