Pro-Brady Arguments are Plainly Silly and His Prospects in Federal Court are Weak

Bruce Harper

Oh, the "everybody does it" defense.  I have never been too impressed by that one.

I was simply responding to someone who said there wasn't anything on Montana to taint SBs.  Nothing on Montana himself but there sure has been on the 49ers.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, it's the process, it everything other than Brady is a cheater. It's Jets fans making this a "federal crime".

And sorry, ESPN has talked about his legacy taking a huge hit. Fan polls have Brady's legacy taking a big hit. His rating by advertisers,me here he is on the scale of likability, trust etc has bottomed out. But hey advertisers, fans etc, it's must a group of whiners.

Its a process. THAT NOT ONLY Tom Brady and the Patriots have a hand in creating. As your original statement blamed it all on the pats. My point.

His legacy taking a hit now cause its a hot topic NOW, in the long run will it be that much of a deal, No. Has he lost any endorsements, nope. Still concerned the face of the NFL right now And countless experts, former n current players n coaches have addressed this thing as being tiresome (topic wise) more than any major damaged being caused.

See i watch and read plenty of news outlets about this. Its not all doom n gloom as some of you jet fans make it out to be. Hence why i said whining n crying.

Some of you fans take it too the extreme way more than others.

And its funny you mention ESPN. When it doesnt fit some jets fans agrenda or hate its considered a sports news station that kisses ass for the pats but other times when its convenient its used as a creditable source....

somehow, someway, the Pats fan last resort seems to always be "everyone does it".  Newsflash:  That sort of "defense" doesn't work.  Pfail.

Brady cheated.  Brady lied.  Brady destroyed evidence.  Kraft accepted the team punishment.  Brady and the NFLPA are wrong here.  Brady's legacy is now and will always be blemished.

I hate the Pats, I am glad they are going through this but in reality they shouldn't be.  it's such a minor issue but for some reason the NFL wanted to make it a huge issue.

Brady is the best I have ever seen, his legacy is only tainted by those that hate the Pats and cannot be objective, I hate them and can be objective.

I hate the Pats, I am glad they are going through this but in reality they shouldn't be. it's such a minor issue but for some reason the NFL wanted to make it a huge issue.

Brady is the best I have ever seen, his legacy is only tainted by those that hate the Pats and cannot be objective, I hate them and can be objective.

Respect for being objective. Props.

Its a process. THAT NOT ONLY Tom Brady and the Patriots have a hand in creating. As your original statement blamed it all on the pats. My point.

His legacy taking a hit now cause its a hot topic NOW, in the long run will it be that much of a deal, No. Has he lost any endorsements, nope. Still concerned the face of the NFL right now And countless experts, former n current players n coaches have addressed this thing as being tiresome (topic wise) more than any major damaged being caused.

See i watch and read plenty of news outlets about this. Its not all doom n gloom as some of you jet fans make it out to be. Hence why i said whining n crying.

And its funny you mention ESPN. When it doesnt fit some jets fans agrenda or hate its considered a sports news station that kisses ass for the pats but other times when its convenient its used as a creditable source....

You also see dead people?

His legacy has taken a hit now but, tra la la, Tammy will be fine down the road.  Yup, his fan appreciation, his bankability is totally gone.  But like the Phoenix he will rise and return to his former glory!!!!!  LOL, right there with Lance and Tiger.  

yes, no big deal to illegally use stickum but it's the end of the world when a football is slightly underinflated.

I never said what Rice did was not illegal. But it's similar to the kind of infraction when an offense uses an illegal formation. It did not involve undermining officials' authority, obstructing an investigation, or the destruction of evidence.

Rice should have paid a fine,

Brady should do the time. In any case, the 49ers' SB victories are not tainted.

Pa8RXEx.gif

You also see dead people?

His legacy has taken a hit now but, tra la la, Tammy will be fine down the road.  Yup, his fan appreciation, his bankability is totally gone.  But like the Phoenix he will rise and return to his former glory!!!!!  LOL, right there with Lance and Tiger.  

ahhh yea, whatever you say buddy!

I never said what Rice did was not illegal. But it's similar to the kind of infraction when an offense uses an illegal formation. It did not involve undermining officials' authority, obstructing an investigation, or the destruction of evidence.

Rice should have paid a fine,

Brady should do the time. In any case, the 49ers' SB victories are not tainted.

Brady should have been fined too.  What Rice did was at least as bad as Brady, if not worse.  Some QBs like balls overinflated, some underinflated but a foreign substance used to help a WR catch a football is a much bigger deal than a slight deflation of a football.

It wasn't an arbitration hearing. It was an league officiated appeal hearing. 

I am pretty sure the court reporter swore him in.  It's not a court of law, but they still give you the oath.  Whole report is online for people with way too much time on their hands.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/08/04/0ap3000000506502.pdf

Brady should have been fined too.  What Rice did was at least as bad as Brady, if not worse.  Some QBs like balls overinflated, some underinflated but a foreign substance used to help a WR catch a football is a much bigger deal than a slight deflation of a football.

Somehow, you don't seem to be reading what I am writing. What about obstructing an investigation and destroying evidence don;t you understand?

Am I the only one relishing the irony that while part of Brady's argument is that the NFL wanting to see his text messages is a violation of his privacy only to have the judge order all this info released including Brady's personal emails?

http://deadspin.com/highlights-of-tom-bradys-personal-emails-revealed-in-n-1722160002

Doesn't the fact that he willingly handed over all these emails kind of kill his violation of privacy argument?

It was not an arbitration but he was under oath.  The transcript says so.

I am pretty sure the court reporter swore him in.  It's not a court of law, but they still give you the oath.  Whole report is online for people with way too much time on their hands.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/08/04/0ap3000000506502.pdf

Yup.  It's what I posted above.

I hate the Pats, I am glad they are going through this but in reality they shouldn't be.  it's such a minor issue but for some reason the NFL wanted to make it a huge issue.

Brady cheated.  Brady lied on multiple occasions.  Brady impeded the investigation and now we learn that Brady destroyed evidence.  Great player or not, those actions deserve severe punishment.  He will always be remembered as a cheater along with any of his positive accomplishments.  He did it to himself.  It's his own fault and nobody else's.

Archived