Mark Cuban Comments on Brady

AFJF

http://mavericks.247sports.com/Bolt/Mavericks-owner-Mark-Cuban-blasts-Tom-Brady-in-Cyber-Dust-post-38461503

Naturally, the decision from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to uphold New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension to start the 2015 season for his role in the "deflategate" scandal has prompted a number of opinions across the professional sports world.

While some owners within the league, namely Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, have shown public support for Goodell since his decision, one NBA owner believes that the four-game suspension that Brady is looking at is a slap on the wrist that his league wouldn't stand for.

As you can see from the quotes below, courtesy of the Washington Post by way of For The Win, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban took to his Cyber Dust app to share his opinion that the Patriots quarterback went out of his way in order to try and make a fool of the head of the NFL.

“Here are my thoughts on Tom Brady and his suspension being upheld...

As far as 4 games being upheld, the NBA owner in me is surprised it wasn’t extended. The old saying ‘the cover up is always worse than the crime’ applies here. Once he destroyed his phone this all went from did he break the rules of the game, to ‘can he get away with deceiving the commissioner.’

We can argue whether 4 games was too much for deflating the ball. You can’t argue whether 4 games is enough for trying to make a fool out of the commissioner of the NFL. The NFL can’t have players, their agents and Lawyers thinking that if you do wrong and just destroy the evidence it will all be OK. That can undermine the integrity of the league.

If this was the NBA, I truly think the suspension would have been more than 25pct of the season. So while the Pats fans I’m sure will disagree, I think the punishment of 4 games for trying to destroy evidence is actually lite.”

It seems safe to assume that Cuban won't be invited to be the guest of Robert Kraft at Gillette Stadium anytime soon after these comments.

Just got done listening to George Atallah, NFLPA rep, on Mike and Mike, and it was embarrassing the way he was blatantly lying for Brady - the phone is immaterial, it doesn't matter whether Brady was involved with deflating balls, etc. I hope they play that tired sh*t in court and a judge gives them a public beat down!

I lol'ed when I saw that too. **** the English language.

Not to get nitpicky, but why is Lawyers capitalized?

To be fair, it looks like the whole thing was a cut and paste from Cuban's website or app or whatever the **** you call Mark Cuban's wannabe twitter/instagram/text platform cyber dust.  We can blame Cuban instead of this poor blogger.  Cuban is probably just rushing it up there and trying to make it seem informal and "real."   

Cuban is sharp.  He was a little whacky early on yelling at refs and such, but if you listen to him talk, he is spot on a lot of the time.  I would love him to buy the Jets.  The owners do not want him.  Maybe they will after they start reading stuff like this.

Just got done listening to George Atallah, NFLPA rep, on Mike and Mike, and it was embarrassing the way he was blatantly lying for Brady - the phone is immaterial, it doesn't matter whether Brady was involved with deflating balls, etc. I hope they play that tired sh*t in court and a judge gives them a public beat down!

this is not a court of law issue.  It is a binding arbitration issue.  Binding arbitration is meant to keep the courts out of the decisions.  Brady is just being a selfish prick.  And the union negotiated the arbitration so they should shut their beaks as well.

Archived