Funny message from Scout

Maxman

So Scout.com yesterday sent emails out...please consider supporting our site. I got one from ji and a Raiders site. Pretty much the same exact message. But on the scout jets board (ji) the article actually says this:

When we started the JI back in the late 90's we had a simple goal: To create the ultimate site for Jets fans. Our total focus is on the Jets and we now make our living serving you, the world’s greatest NFL fans.

But we want to do more. A lot more. With your support, we can provide you with more great Browns articles and forum posts, more inside scoop, more videos, more everything. Just this last year, thanks to your support, we've created a site that works on mobile browsers, developed a soon-to-be-released iPhone app, began adding video, added new writers

Browns articles? As in Cleveland Browns?

I am confused.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at them. Do you think it's possible they copy-pasted that from a Browns message board and forget to take out the "Browns?" I'm just just wondering how having Browns articles will attract more users.

We're already Jets fans.

'So, if depression is your thing, have we got a deal for you!'

So Scout.com yesterday sent emails out...please consider supporting our site. I got one from ji and a Raiders site. Pretty much the same exact message. But on the scout jets board (ji) the article actually says this:

Browns articles? As in Cleveland Browns?

I am confused.

Awesome. They sound TOTALLY focused on the Jets

For the record, I am not normally one to make fun of typos because I SUCK as an editor. I am terrible at it...

But this one is bad. You take the copy from a Browns site and don't even fully edit it. Wow.

For the record, I am not normally one to make fun of typos because I SUCK as an editor. I am terrible at it...

But this one is bad. You take the copy from a Browns site and don't even fully edit it. Wow.

That's not a typo.  That's someone who does not give a crap about anything but making a buck off his subscribers.  

The header for their landing strip still says: Welcome to the most active NY Jets Messageboard on the internet. Celebrating over 15 years online!

Their thread about Brady's suspension being upheld has seven posts.

Cut and paste.  Just like Deegan did with all his loyal JI vassals.  lol  What a tool.  Too busy to even proof the copy.

I was on scout JI a few weeks back and it continues to be a ghost town.  What a shame and complete cluster fuk.

Agreed. the place is a piece of $hit now.  Enjoyed the posters while I was there but Id say its demise is a lesson in cluster fukk.

Max, remember how Sean had asterisks when people typed 'Jetnation' over there?

When someone types 'Scout', can we make it say 'Ghost Town'?

That might mask too deeply the fact that it is Scout that is being mocked. Anyone who did not noticed your request is unlikely to catch the reference.

Don't hold back. Say what you're thinking.

the thing is first he sold out on all the sites members for press passes. after that you werent allowed to criticize anyone on the jets without being banned. this included criticizing cannizzaro. i was banned briefly for criticizing coles at one point. it was censorship all for his gain. i never wetn back after that although green jets and ham personally messaged me asking me to come back during his reign of terror over there. the site had just bled a large number of posters over to here. now he completely sold out to scout.com and i'm glad it has all come around full circle. the forum is sh*t now and has almost no meaningful activity. meanwhile max and co. have built the absolute best jets fan site on the internet. when he and a few long time JI members left to form this site i had just recently joined over there and so i stayed for a while. after being banned i cam eover here and saw the difference and never looked back. this site gives us a hub for jets news and a forum to express views and discuss the team with relative autonomy and without censorship for th emost part. as long as you arent a complete asshat you get alot of leeway here. i applaud max for not selling out......sticking to his guns he has, without a doubt, created one of the best nfl fan sites around.

Max, remember how Sean had asterisks when people typed 'Jetnation' over there?

When someone types 'Scout', can we make it say 'Ghost Town'?

That would be like the NFL banning XFL references. You would be giving them too much credit by censoring that, making it look like they remotely matter.

I don't think Deegan has anything to do with that site anymore. I think when he sold he walked away from it and got what he could for it. I don't think he really ever cared about JI. He never really participated and only used its popularity to gain favor with the team. I think he's moved on and somebody else has the keys to The_stoolsprayer user name

the thing is first he sold out on all the sites members for press passes. after that you werent allowed to criticize anyone on the jets without being banned. this included criticizing cannizzaro. i was banned briefly for criticizing coles at one point. it was censorship all for his gain. i never wetn back after that although green jets and ham personally messaged me asking me to come back during his reign of terror over there. the site had just bled a large number of posters over to here. now he completely sold out to scout.com and i'm glad it has all come around full circle. the forum is sh*t now and has almost no meaningful activity. meanwhile max and co. have built the absolute best jets fan site on the internet. when he and a few long time JI members left to form this site i had just recently joined over there and so i stayed for a while. after being banned i cam eover here and saw the difference and never looked back. this site gives us a hub for jets news and a forum to express views and discuss the team with relative autonomy and without censorship for th emost part. as long as you arent a complete asshat you get alot of leeway here. i applaud max for not selling out......sticking to his guns he has, without a doubt, created one of the best nfl fan sites around.

I was kinda busting your chops because your first lost was so vehement.

But yeah, I agree. I was a lurker there for a long time. Finally joined and then the Scout thing started. Glad I landed here.

Thank you. I love this damn site. Stayed up all night last night tweaking the front page. It is like an obsession lol.

I don't think Deegan has anything to do with that site anymore. I think when he sold he walked away from it and got what he could for it. I don't think he really ever cared about JI. He never really participated and only used its popularity to gain favor with the team. I think he's moved on and somebody else has the keys to The_stoolsprayer user name

I wonder if he sold it completely. I guess that is possible but I think it is more of a partnership. But I don't know for sure.

Archived