Funny message from Scout

Maxman

Isn't that the way it should be?  Shouldn't the most you need to do is tell people to calm down, I would think that would be enough?  

I was banned twice at JI.  Once for telling the Cannizzaro story above and another time because I disagreed with someone who was talking about how beautiful M Obama was.  I disagreed, said I didnt get all the people falling over her and thats all it took, two weeks off.  

yes

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that the way it should be?  Shouldn't the most you need to do is tell people to calm down, I would think that would be enough?  

I was banned twice at JI.  Once for telling the Cannizzaro story above and another time because I disagreed with someone who was talking about how beautiful M Obama was.  I disagreed, said I didnt get all the people falling over her and thats all it took, two weeks off.  

I was banned because I made fun of some guys that were proud of the fact they couldn't change their own flat tire. They said they were rich enough to call AAA. I may have said that their wives wanted to sleep with the AAA guy...

You're right. As stupid a place it could be. As much as some home got preferential treatment while others got suspensions, the board was pretty active and we the fans made it work. Even with all sooth did to make it suck at times. This place is a different story, plus as a JI poster from the beginning lots of new old names to talk jets football with. Max does a great job and this place is a reflection of the good work he does.

This is how I remember it.... It was fun in spite of SOOTH.

in fact, he was an a$$ at times.

Outside of spam, in my three years of moderator I cannot think of a poster that I have seriously banned. 

I think I jokingly banned Tom a couple times for like 2 hours and JR128 for a day just because, but nothing for a serious amount of time.

Everyone here is pretty good about policing themselves which we all appreciate. 

You just want people to love you.

Well you got one liberal mod mad at you.. I'm surprised I never got banned for thinking the compiler wasn't the best back in Jet history..LOL

I get that but it was a stupid, liberal mod. Not thinking MObama is a beauty had nothing to do with politics.

The whole compiler debate is what it is, a football debate. Shouldn't piss anyone off. I don't agree with you on that one but don't get pissed. I understand...that youre wrong. ;)

In spite of all the BS over at JI the people made it a great place for Jets fans. It (WAS) one of the most active Jets sites year round, which was great. Everyone tried to tell Smooth what would happen when he sold out to scout and it has come to pass. Yet who would not have taken the money and run themselves.

Max has done an amazing job here and all of the JI transplants are happy it was here. We hope that our participation will add to a wonderful place for Jets fans to share there love of this organization.

Maxman.

I get that but it was a stupid, liberal mod. Not thinking MObama is a beauty had nothing to do with politics.

The whole compiler debate is what it is, a football debate. Shouldn't piss anyone off. I don't agree with you on that one but don't get pissed. I understand...that youre wrong. ;)

So you think he was the best back in Jet history?? :screwy:

I was banned because I made fun of some guys that were proud of the fact they couldn't change their own flat tire. They said they were rich enough to call AAA. I may have said that their wives wanted to sleep with the AAA guy...

Even if you did, big deal. One other thing I hated was the clicks that ran around backing each other as is you called out someone's mother if you said something like they're clueless. Big deal, put on your big boy pants. Cants say clueless to someone wh n argue sports?

This is how I remember it.... It was fun in spite of SOOTH.

in fact, he was an a$$ at times.

Sooths biggest miss was he believed he created, ran and nurtured a great popular Jets board. He didn't get that he provided the site but we made it what it was. Proof is that the site was sold, the best of us left and the board sucks balls now.

Sooths biggest miss was he believed he created, ran and nurtured a great popular Jets board. He didn't get that he provided the site but we made it what it was.

I think Sooth realized that, but that he also thought we'd all blindly follow him to that sh*thole of a new site. He also must've thought we were a bunch of rubes with the whole 'email update' that went down a month before the site announcement. I still get the sh*tty Scout emails to this day... and who knows what else to my spam folder.

After a decade at JI, happy to be (mainly lurker) at JN. I joined years ago and popped in from time to time, but without a doubt this is my new spot to read dudes talkin dudes... and sometimes football too.

I think Sooth realized that, but that he also thought we'd all blindly follow him to that shithole of a new site. He also must've thought we were a bunch of rubes with the whole 'email update' that went down a month before the site announcement. I still get the shitty Scout emails to this day... and who knows what else to my spam folder.

After a decade at JI, happy to be (mainly lurker) at JN. I joined years ago and popped in from time to time, but without a doubt this is my new spot to read dudes talkin dudes... and sometimes football too.

You. Need. To. Post. More.  

:)

I think Sooth realized that, but that he also thought we'd all blindly follow him to that sh*thole of a new site. He also must've thought we were a bunch of rubes with the whole 'email update' that went down a month before the site announcement. I still get the sh*tty Scout emails to this day... and who knows what else to my spam folder.

Yup, I still get emails. Even got one telling me I was such a valued poster that I was given a free year of upgraded service with the entire content available to me free of charge.

I really do like it here, it's a cool place to post, even without the usual suspects from JI that flocked over.

Excluding SAR I of course.

Yup, I still get emails. Even got one telling me I was such a valued poster that I was given a free year of upgraded service with the entire content available to me free of charge.

I really do like it here, it's a cool place to post, even without the usual suspects from JI that flocked over.

Excluding SAR I of course.

Thank you.

We have to keep it at 4 out 5 stars.  Once you get that 5th star perfection is just so hard to maintain.  :)

Even if you did, big deal. One other thing I hated was the clicks that ran around backing each other as is you called out someone's mother if you said something like they're clueless. Big deal, put on your big boy pants. Cants say clueless to someone wh n argue sports?

I thought it was kind of fun. I like to see grown men get their jimmies all rustled up over harmless banter. Obviously hit a nerve their over some insecurity.

I don't think I've ever been offended by anything in my life, then again, I've never been proud of not being capable of being self sufficient either. The world is changing, and not for the better. At least these guys set the bar really low for the rest of us. Not many guys fit in big boy pants anymore. Skinny jeans are where it's at. Just ask Sarri. Let's start a thread about what outfit we'll wear to the first game.

I thought it was kind of fun. I like to see grown men get their jimmies all rustled up over harmless banter. Obviously hit a nerve their over some insecurity.

I don't think I've ever been offended by anything in my life, then again, I've never been proud of not being capable of being self sufficient either. The world is changing, and not for the better. At least these guys set the bar really low for the rest of us. Not many guys fit in big boy pants anymore. Skinny jeans are where it's at. Just ask Sarri. Let's start a thread about what outfit we'll wear to the first game.

Probably gonna be warm out at MetLife.  Great time to bust out the custom loomed Jacquard breeches I've been saving for a special day.  They also sport elegant, though muted, brocade accents which should really stand out in the crowd.

Haven't fully thought out an appropriate, fashion forward, top.  Should I create a fully matching ensemble?  Throw convention to the wind and go fully whimsical?  I'll keep you posted.

The no politics rule was instituted here just about day one. Definitely one of the best decisions Max made. People get mad enough at each other just talking football, no need to throw political fuel on the fire.

The no politics rule was instituted here just about day one. Definitely one of the best decisions Max made. People get mad enough at each other just talking football, no need to throw political fuel on the fire.

So you think Michele is a cutie pie??  :winking0001:

I loved it too at times.  That someone like SAR would go from saying stupid outlandish nonsense from post to post and then run to a mod to complain that I was arguing with him over and over and over again, crying that I needed to be disciplined turned into a sport.  Was fun to read his whiney messages to mods. I will never understand that mentality.  Or lack of 

Again I get that.  And for the exact reason you state.  But if you allow a 3 page discussion on the beauty that is Michele and thats not a political conversation then how do you ban someone who just doesnt agree because its political.  Didn't call out her politics, didn't call out her husbands politics, nothing political was brought up.  It made no sense other than someone may have made assumptions that were wrong.  If anything the thread should have been shut down, no one should have been banned

Actually Tom Shane in the very beginning said there should be no politics here. He was really passionate about it.

It turns out he was looking to protect us from himself.

Definitely is a good idea to avoid politics though. Just talking sports gets heated enough.

This thread inspired me to go take a look at JI for the first time in forever and I was shocked.  I really thought people were exaggerating the lack of activity over there but it's a friggin' ghost town.  I think their Sheldon suspension thread had six comments?  Wow.

Archived