Funny message from Scout

Maxman

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing is first he sold out on all the sites members for press passes. after that you werent allowed to criticize anyone on the jets without being banned. this included criticizing cannizzaro. i was banned briefly for criticizing coles at one point. it was censorship all for his gain. i never wetn back after that although green jets and ham personally messaged me asking me to come back during his reign of terror over there. the site had just bled a large number of posters over to here. now he completely sold out to scout.com and i'm glad it has all come around full circle. the forum is sh*t now and has almost no meaningful activity. meanwhile max and co. have built the absolute best jets fan site on the internet. when he and a few long time JI members left to form this site i had just recently joined over there and so i stayed for a while. after being banned i cam eover here and saw the difference and never looked back. this site gives us a hub for jets news and a forum to express views and discuss the team with relative autonomy and without censorship for th emost part. as long as you arent a complete asshat you get alot of leeway here. i applaud max for not selling out......sticking to his guns he has, without a doubt, created one of the best nfl fan sites around.

When he hired Cannizzaro I wrote a post about a time I met him walking into the Stadium. Was with a friend and we were literally a couple of feet from each other, rushing in. I recognize Mark, smile, say hello and reach out to shake his hand and he says "get the fu(k away from me". I just laughed. When I posted what happened Sean starts arguing that Mark wouldn't do that. I tell him he must have been having a bad day, no big deal but it sure happened. I was a liar, was making it up. WTF, why?

Two week ban from the prick

I got that email, too.  Mine said Jets, at least.  But seriously - maybe....*maybe*....someone might have subscribed to Scout like right after the move.  MAYBE.  But probably not.  By then we all knew scout sucked and that the move was a disaster.  Most knew it would be a disaster before the move.  But after the move, like everyone knew it was a disaster.  But if you had signed up for premium then?  Ok....you're hardcore JI and thinking maybe they'll pull it off.  Maybe.

But now????????  Are you ******* kidding me?  That site is DEAD!!!  That they sent this message is simply befuddling.  I would be shocked if a single person signs up now.

A shame since I loved JI.  But this is just silly.

I got that email, too.  Mine said Jets, at least.  But seriously - maybe....*maybe*....someone might have subscribed to Scout like right after the move.  MAYBE.  But probably not.  By then we all knew scout sucked and that the move was a disaster.  Most knew it would be a disaster before the move.  But after the move, like everyone knew it was a disaster.  But if you had signed up for premium then?  Ok....you're hardcore JI and thinking maybe they'll pull it off.  Maybe.

But now????????  Are you ******* kidding me?  That site is DEAD!!!  That they sent this message is simply befuddling.  I would be shocked if a single person signs up now.

A shame since I loved JI.  But this is just silly.

I'd even be shocked if a married person signs up now.  :winking0001:

When he hired Cannizzaro I wrote a post about a time I met him walking into the Stadium. Was with a friend and we were literally a couple of feet from each other, rushing in. I recognize Mark, smile, say hello and reach out to shake his hand and he says "get the fu(k away from me". I just laughed. When I posted what happened Sean starts arguing that Mark wouldn't do that. I tell him he must have been having a bad day, no big deal but it sure happened. I was a liar, was making it up. WTF, why?

Two week ban from the prick

I got a month for calling Canizzaro a fat a$$hole,after he questioned a rookie D'Brickashaw Ferguson's manhood for not stopping to give him an interview during camp.

At that time, Mangini was not allowing the players to speak with the media. Brick was a rookie following his coach's orders. He lines up against NFL D-Linemen,and that slob questioned his intestinal fortitude while hiding behind his computer.

We complain about Manish and Cimini, but back in the day Canizzaro put them to shame.

I got a month for calling Canizzaro a fat a$$hole,after he questioned a rookie D'Brickashaw Ferguson's manhood for not stopping to give him an interview during camp.

At that time, Mangini was not allowing the players to speak with the media. Brick was a rookie following his coach's orders. He lines up against NFL D-Linemen,and that slob questioned his intestinal fortitude while hiding behind his computer.

We complain about Manish and Cimini, but back in the day Canizzaro put them to shame.

I remember the incident, Canizzaro was a prick back then. Which was funny, he went from a Jets shill, always writing fluff pieces to killing the team. I also remember you and others getting banned for rightfully killing him. During all the criticism I posted this story, which was true and verifified. He didn't want to hear it, take two weeks, that's what you get for trying to shake his guys hand. I wrote him and ripped him a new one. Why would I lie about it? And moron, it's the Internet, get a grip on yourself.

I remember the incident, Canizzaro was a prick back then. Which was funny, he went from a Jets shill, always writing fluff pieces to killing the team. I also remember you and others getting banned for rightfully killing him. During all the criticism I posted this story, which was true and verifified. He didn't want to hear it, take two weeks, that's what you get for trying to shake his guys hand. I wrote him and ripped him a new one. Why would I lie about it? And moron, it's the Internet, get a grip on yourself.

People were getting banned for calling him Cannifatso, but saying Fat Teddy Cotrell was fine.

I pointed out the hypocrisy and got a vacation.

lol so many people warned him him about Scout.. he didn't listen 

Scout probably dropped him a check for ($100k?) and freed him up from having to run a busy site. Not a bad deal for him but sucked for users. JI was hands down my favorite Jet site. The Scout site was DOA to the surprise of exactly no one. Scout is like a disowned and diseased nephew of Bleacher Report, which itself sucks in its own right. 

I like how many names I recognize here.

So balls.  

In spite of all the BS over at JI the people made it a great place for Jets fans. It (WAS) one of the most active Jets sites year round, which was great. Everyone tried to tell Smooth what would happen when he sold out to scout and it has come to pass. Yet who would not have taken the money and run themselves.

Max has done an amazing job here and all of the JI transplants are happy it was here. We hope that our participation will add to a wonderful place for Jets fans to share there love of this organization.

In spite of all the BS over at JI the people made it a great place for Jets fans. It (WAS) one of the most active Jets sites year round, which was great. Everyone tried to tell Smooth what would happen when he sold out to scout and it has come to pass. Yet who would not have taken the money and run themselves.

Max has done an amazing job here and all of the JI transplants are happy it was here. We hope that our participation will add to a wonderful place for Jets fans to share there love of this organization.

Maybe in a year or 2 Sooth will open a new site called Jetsoutsider..LOL

Thank you!

You're right. As stupid a place it could be. As much as some home got preferential treatment while others got suspensions, the board was pretty active and we the fans made it work. Even with all sooth did to make it suck at times. This place is a different story, plus as a JI poster from the beginning lots of new old names to talk jets football with. Max does a great job and this place is a reflection of the good work he does.

Outside of spam, in my three years of moderator I cannot think of a poster that I have seriously banned. 

I think I jokingly banned Tom a couple times for like 2 hours and JR128 for a day just because, but nothing for a serious amount of time.

Everyone here is pretty good about policing themselves which we all appreciate. 

Outside of spam, in my three years of moderator I cannot think of a poster that I have seriously banned. 

I think I jokingly banned Tom a couple times for like 2 hours and JR128 for a day just because, but nothing for a serious amount of time.

Everyone here is pretty good about policing themselves which we all appreciate. 

Isn't that the way it should be?  Shouldn't the most you need to do is tell people to calm down, I would think that would be enough?  

I was banned twice at JI.  Once for telling the Cannizzaro story above and another time because I disagreed with someone who was talking about how beautiful M Obama was.  I disagreed, said I didnt get all the people falling over her and thats all it took, two weeks off.  

Isn't that the way it should be?  Shouldn't the most you need to do is tell people to calm down, I would think that would be enough?  

I was banned twice at JI.  Once for telling the Cannizzaro story above and another time because I disagreed with someone who was talking about how beautiful M Obama was.  I disagreed, said I didnt get all the people falling over her and thats all it took, two weeks off.  

Well you got one liberal mod mad at you.. I'm surprised I never got banned for thinking the compiler wasn't the best back in Jet history..LOL

Archived