#JetsCamp Thursday 07/30

Maxman

Marshall, Decker, and D Smith EXCITE me,  It's getting them the ball that doesn't have me giddy, hopefully someone from the group can be the guy to get it to them, and I don't give a fck who that person is.

I hear you. I personally believe that Geno Smith is our guy of the 3 QB's but if Fitz is honestly the better QB and not just "our QB because Geno sucks" than it is what it is. 

The Best players play, at all positions. 

And as a side note, Jeremy Kerley better watch himself. TJ Graham, Shaq Evans and Devin Smith all had good practices and made HUGE plays. 

S#it is about to get real. football is back 27!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that Jets fans deserve having guys like Milliner, McDougle, and Shaq Evans ... all now afterthoughts of the Idzik regime ... suddenly showing up and proving to be far more valuable than just "depth". 

Could you imagine the position this team will be in if Chan Gailey can anything out of our QBs, MacCag's draft class pays off, all our new veterans mess with our old veterans, and to top it off several of the guys from Idzik get past their injuries and suddenly show up and provide that much more depth...

It could prove to be one of the deepest Jets rosters I've seen in a long, long time... IF.

I think it's the deepest in my life time for sure. 

Great hearing about McDougle because Cro sucks. 

So, Marshall and Decker make the roster, so does Devin. If Shaq Evans is even close to as good as the guys drafted around him, he'll stick. That's 4. There are several guys on this roster that look like they can play... I'm going to make a long-shot prediction that Kerley won't be a Jet this year. 

Maybe we'll trade him to a team that is more WR needy. I just don't see how he fits in, frankly. 

Dont sleep on TJ Graham.  He knows the offense, is a burner and can be used on ST's. 

I think it's the deepest in my life time for sure. 

Great hearing about McDougle because Cro sucks. 

Dont sleep on TJ Graham.  He knows the offense, is a burner and can be used on ST's. 

Believe he and Fitz had 2 40+ yard hook ups today

Ahhh 1 day in and Cro sucks again and McDougle is ready to replace him.

God I love training camp.

Was just going to write the same thing.  

Day 1 predictions off of day 1 practice are the best.

Was just going to write the same thing.  

Day 1 predictions off of day 1 practice are the best.

No I both question Cromartie being a key signing and also told people to not forget about both mcdougall and milliner long ago.  Half this forum was ready to toss both those young players into the trash because they were hurt.  Cro was terrible for us his last year here and was good and bad for Zona.

what stands out to me most as opposed to recent previous years is that we arent reading about the offense jusrt looking completely dreadful as the defense dominates the entire time

You wont miss the reports of how Geno went 4-10 with 4 drops on 11-11 drills?

No I both question Cromartie being a key signing and also told people to not forget about both mcdougall and milliner long ago.  Half this forum was ready to toss both those young players into the trash because they were hurt.  Cro was terrible for us his last year here and was good and bad for Zona.

Thats not what I meant but I do get it.  For what its worth I'm on the same page with both McDougal and Milliner.  I think both can be big players for us and like both.  Dont get the hate that goes their way.  I think Cro was good last season, rated well and made the pro bowl.  So hes a good stop gap until one or both of the kids can be counted on 

No one is getting too crazy. Simply embracing the fact that this is the first time in atleast a decade that we didnt leave the first day of practice hearing "The defense dominated all day long", and thats before even getting to the complicated blitzes. 

you dont have to, but to me thats something to get excited about. 

exactly.

At least for a day, none of those "well it always takes offense a longer time to 'gel' - defense always dominates early in TC" blah, blah.

It's a nice change for once - we'll enjoy it when we get it.

Mcdougall's brief stint really had me excited a year a go.  I'm sure he has a ton of rust to knock off but he seems a resilient kid with a high football IQ. 

I can't wait to watch all 4 quarters of every pre-season game this year.  I want to see the backup G's, CB's and WR's compete, I also can't wait to watch-

-Taiwan Jones ILB

-Wes Saxton TE

- Durrell Eskridge S

-Julian Howsare LB

Not to mention our RB's, Zach Stacy in the 4th quarter will be fun.

Geno has been hitting Marshall long all day. Chemistry bonus?

These guys been spending plenty of time with each other so it doesn't surprise me. I sure hope Geno can excel in this league, particularly in the first 4-6 games or else the Geno Smith era will officially come to an end.

"Don't worry guys, the defense is always ahead of the Of...."  What?  What is this offense scoring that I read about?

Thank you for posting the updates guys, really appreciate it.   

From the tweets, looks like both of our QBs had good days, and a bunch of WRs stepped up.   Good to hear about Geno doing well.  As I think DH mentioned earlier in the thread, I was taken a bit aback with Marshall waiving off Petty, seems like he's playing favorites, and we don't need that from one of our top players.  Otherwise sounds like a pretty good practice.  

I love what I am reading here today about the offense, but lets not get to crazy, unlike Rex I am sure Bowles knows its not good to start 1st practice throwing every complicated blitz at the offense so he can boast "boy I'll tell ya that D today sure was great".

Yep its called being the HC!!

Nice.........................for change!

Liked what I heard and saw. Wr actually doing real drills and being held to them. Tight route running. An offense seeming to be suited to Geno. Both QBs doing well. WRs stepping up. A generally surprisingly positive vibe from the media tweets. Hopefully NFL Network won't be all NE all the time tomorrow.

I garner no insight from this at all... big brother as in he looks at his coach as a big brother, or as in "the man", or as in he nicknamed the coach the "big brother in charge" because he's African American. I'd take the stupidest of the possibilities to be the most appropriate context coming from Sheldon.

You BUILD depth by rotating bodies and maximizing reps for all bodies. I like Bowles meticulous approach.

Agree

I also think Qvale has a legitimate shot to win the job.  He got a some 1st team reps in OTA's, then a lot at the end of minicamp.  Now he's opening camp getting reps with the 1's.  Of course other people will be getting reps there, probably starting today, but it seems like he has caught some one'[s eye.

We'll get a better idea what's going on there starting Saturday when the pads go on 

Agree

I also think Qvale has a legitimate shot to win the job.  He got a some 1st team reps in OTA's, then a lot at the end of minicamp.  Now he's opening camp getting reps with the 1's.  Of course other people will be getting reps there, probably starting today, but it seems like he has caught some one'[s eye.

We'll get a better idea what's going on there starting Saturday when the pads go on 

Winters was still ahead of him

I garner no insight from this at all... big brother as in he looks at his coach as a big brother, or as in "the man", or as in he nicknamed the coach the "big brother in charge" because he's African American. I'd take the stupidest of the possibilities to be the most appropriate context coming from Sheldon.

Recall that this was all prior to the drag race/loaded gun/resisting arrest/child endangerment bombshell coming down.

Archived