Yankees Ramon Flores, Jose Ramirez for Dustin Ackley

Morrissey

Yankees just acquired Dustin Ackley from the Seattle Mariners, source said.

It will be Ramon Flores and Jose Ramirez to the Mariners for Dustin Ackley, source says.

https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES

Don't get what Cashman sees in Ackley.  Drew repalcement?Dustin Ackley's OPS is .635. Stephen Drew's is .645. Sooo.. I dunno. He must hate Redsnyder (or he's trading him)

He's been playing more OF than 2B for the Mariners recently, but I assume Cashman traded for him to play more 2B. I dunno, hard to figure out, could also be a Garret Jones replacement since he's a lefty bat.

I dunno guys.. lol

Cashman has tried to get Ackley more than once, looks like he finally got him. I dont care about Ramirez or Flores, so we'll see how Ackley does. 

Yeah, he waited till he had next to zero value. Ackley isn't good. I guess there hope is he can hit better away from Safeco and needed a change of scenary, but he's plus def a downgrade with the glove compared to Drew. Maybe he acquired him to make Drew look good in the eyes of the fans?

I think this is a pretty terrible trade to be honest. Flores could be a decent regular. He's hit in the minors. Don't think he has a future on this team because Yankees have plenty of OFers and I don't think they could of kept him on the 40 man roster after this season, but I feel like we gave him away. Jose Ramirez could be a dominant bullpen arm if ever figures it out. Ackley is a bust. Mariners picked him 2nd overall and he's just been terrible. I don't see how he has any upside. And I have no idea how he fits this roster.

I like this deal for the Yankees, but have always been optimistic about Ackley for not much reason.

Last year from the All-Star break on he finally seemed to be putting it all together only to do nothing this season.

Who knows what the Yanks thinking is but any left handed bat in Yankee Stadium can have a huge couple of months.

I think this is a pretty terrible trade to be honest. Flores could be a decent regular. He's hit in the minors. Don't think he has a future on this team because Yankees have plenty of OFers and I don't think they could of kept him on the 40 man roster after this season, but I feel like we gave him away. Jose Ramirez could be a dominant bullpen arm if ever figures it out. Ackley is a bust. Mariners picked him 2nd overall and he's just been terrible. I don't see how he has any upside. And I have no idea how he fits this roster.

Flores and Ramirez were expendable. We have so many bullpen arms in the system and guys like Flores( heathcott, Williams, gamel, etc.) Ackley just isn't very good which is the problem. Hopefully a new environment in a hitter friendly park can help him figure it out. At least he's versatile. *Shrugs*

Archived