Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what should happen. The team should suspend him pending league punishment. Once the league punishes him, he gets what he gets. The jets require him to go into some sort of rehab/counseling. When his suspension is up we play him lime we normally would. If he's still dominant we trade him at his highest possible value. No point in cutting him right now

Richardson, police say, tried the ol' pull into a strange driveway and shut down the lights. The police allegedly didn't fall for it.

I got away with that in the belle terre part of port jeff

lol

Richardson, police say, tried the ol' pull into a strange driveway and shut down the lights. The police allegedly didn't fall for it.

I got away with that in the belle terre part of port jeff

lol

But the idiot had his foot on the brake so his brake lights were on..LOL

when I was 18, something very similar happened to me. I was with my cousin(17) and some girl he was banging(15).my cousin convinced the girl,whos brother owned a Nissan 300zx twin turbo sitting in garage, to take it for a spin. he was driving and decided to see how fast it was. we were all buzzed at the time. drove by a cop on the freeway very late at night and was clocked at 140 mph. my cousin saw the cops hit his lights, he hit the gas, and jumped off the feeway a coupla exits down to avoid getting caught. didn't work. cops surrounded the car and my cousin was arrested. paid a fine and was done. was fun at the time, but looking back, it was dumb, stupid, dangerous, and immature. but it was nothing that we couldn't bounce back from. lesson learned

I wouldn't worry about Sheldon Richardson pulling that stunt again , driving that fast .( I believe he learned his lesson there). I would worry about Sheldon Richardson passing future drug tests. The odds aren't in his favor that he's going to be able to stop smoking pot.

A couple more failed drug test and he's out of the league.

See Josh Gordon - who the Browns hoped would clean up his act too. Despite millions sitting on the table, he couldn't stop smoking that crap.

Jmo it's not if Sheldon Richardson gets caught smoking pot again But only when he gets caught.

But the idiot had his foot on the brake so his brake lights were on..LOL

that was the tough part, coasting in N and praying I didn't hit anything in a strange dway. 

I just read the police report.  I think he does time for this

what a waste

I wouldn't worry about Sheldon Richardson pulling that stunt again , driving that fast .( I believe he learned his lesson there). I would worry about Sheldon Richardson passing future drug tests. The odds aren't in his favor that he's going to be able to stop smoking pot.

A couple more failed drug test and he's out of the league.

See Josh Gordon - who the Browns hoped would clean up his act too. Despite millions sitting on the table, he couldn't stop smoking that crap.

Jmo it's not if Sheldon Richardson gets caught smoking pot again But only when he gets caught.

I'm so confused with this learning lesson idea. Dude was busted 4 times already BEFORE he did this. He ain't learning sh*t, he's a bonafide idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was the tough part, coasting in N and praying I didn't hit anything in a strange dway. 

I just read the police report.  I think he does time for this

what a waste

If he had no prior violations I don't think so, like I keep saying Stallworth got 30 days for killing someone isn't that worse??

Here's what should happen. The team should suspend him pending league punishment. Once the league punishes him, he gets what he gets. The jets require him to go into some sort of rehab/counseling. When his suspension is up we play him lime we normally would. If he's still dominant we trade him at his highest possible value. No point in cutting him right now

After sleeping on it and cooling down a bit I absolutely agree this is the best course of action.

I'm so confused with this learning lesson idea. Dude was busted 4 times already BEFORE he did this. He ain't learning sh*t, he's a bonafide idiot.

Agreed , you can't have the " he's from the hood this is normal for him, he's different than us " narrative and then turn around and talk about how he's going to learn his lesson....doesn't work both ways....he's not interested in learning a lesson like one of us would be.

If he had no prior violations I don't think so, like I keep saying Stallworth got 30 days for killing someone isn't that worse??

people are treating this like some kinda heinous crime. ya, he ****ed up. but in the eyes of the court, who by the way, deal with viscous, real criminals all day long, this is small potatoes. even if they add the dui and child endangerment charges, he still wont do a single day behind bars. he is a first timer

Give #91 to Williams right away, Sheldon can wear #62 when/if he ever returns......Give Williams Sheldons locker and put Sheldon in the back of the locker room w FA rookies..... HAHA. If you cant cut him, at least show him the respect he deserves

Is he even at camp today? Maybe Bowles said "I dont want to see your face! Go hang at Jones Beach with people that would respect you!!!"

Way too much over the top holier than though thinking by fans in this thread.

I'm selfish, I want Sheldon's career resurrected, salvaged, and with the Jets, he's good enough to salvage.

I DO want him to learn his lesson and face the punishment that is deserved, none of us have all the facts and context of the events, a lot of it looks bad, let's wait for the facts to come out.

Sheldon will be punished, and he will deserve it, but I want it at the proper length and severity commissary to the infractions he performed as legal system and the NFL laws dictate.

Hopefully, it's not that bad and this season is still in play.

But stop with the "banned for life," and "he should be cut today nonsense," you all sound like hypocrites, football players aren't model citizens.  Sheldon didn't kill anybody, or physical hurt anybody, he's a kid that needs to be humbled and a wake up call to the mistakes that he has made.

Give #91 to Williams right away, Sheldon can wear #62 when/if he ever returns......Give Williams Sheldons locker and put Sheldon in the back of the locker room w FA rookies..... HAHA. If you cant cut him, at least show him the respect he deserves

Is he even at camp today? Maybe Bowles said "I dont want to see your face! Go hang at Jones Beach with people that would respect you!!!"

Sheldon isn't getting reps with the 1st team D Williams is..

What he needed to stop was being a idiot and screwing his life up and the Jets front line.. :animal0029:

I agree. I know it sounds like I am defending richardsons actions, but I am just calling it like I see it. some people are treating this like some heinous crime spree, I see it as dumb,stupid,dangerous, and immature. definitely not something that cant be learned from. I am as disappointed as the rest of the jet world, but I wont turn my back on this guy because he was charged with a misdemeanor, regardless of what the cop says he did. if he pulls another equally stupi,dumb,dangerous,and immature stunt like this again, I might change my mind. until then, I support Sheldon richardson

I said the driving part he might learn his lesson, but the drug problem is going to be a lot harder to defeat. It's a disease( addiction) and why these athletes throw away their career because they don't have the will power to say no more smoking pot for me.

The odds aren't in Sheldon Richardson favor that he's going to be able to pass future Drug tests. No one wants to see anyone throw away a promising career , but that's exactly what he's doing . ( can't stop smoking pot)

If we put aside the righteous indignation narrative, then this is the reality of it. 

Listen, I'm not a fan of the fact that the NFL and athletes get away with crimes we as tax-paying schlubs wouldn't. I get that. It sucks.

I just don't want the Jets and Sheldon Richardson to become the example and case study for where all the injustice suddenly gets corrected. **** that. He didn't kill or rape anyone. He didn't even hit anyone or kill an animal. He sped, he smoked, and he made stupid decisions that endangered people, specifically a child, but he was lucky in that nobody got hurt. I believe in redemption. Sometimes dumb sh*t like this can be a wake-up call. Sometimes it's not. I fully expect and want the NFL, the players union, the Jets, and Sheldon to make him pay the price, then get him back on the field as soon as possible. Then for him to never do this sort of dumb sh*t again. 

What Sheldon did was no worse than what Greg Hardy did. Add 4 more games. Lose him for 8 total, maybe even 10. That seems right in contrast to how other teams and players manipulate the system as it exists... just as long as we do exactly that: manipulate the system. Every other team does it for much bigger scum bags. This guy is dumb. He's our dummy. There's no reason to cut him. Just be thankful he didn't do something worse, and hope he can keep being a dominant force for us while never doing anything like this again.

I agree. I know it sounds like I am defending richardsons actions, but I am just calling it like I see it. some people are treating this like some heinous crime spree, I see it as dumb,stupid,dangerous, and immature. definitely not something that cant be learned from. I am as disappointed as the rest of the jet world, but I wont turn my back on this guy because he was charged with a misdemeanor, regardless of what the cop says he did. if he pulls another equally stupi,dumb,dangerous,and immature stunt like this again, I might change my mind. until then, I support Sheldon richardson

I hear you he was my favorite player on the team.. :winking0001:

Way too much over the top holier than though thinking by fans in this thread.

I'm selfish, I want Sheldon's career resurrected, salvaged, and with the Jets, he's good enough to salvage.

I DO want him to learn his lesson and face the punishment that is deserved, none of us have all the facts and context of the events, a lot of it looks bad, let's wait for the facts to come out.

Sheldon will be punished, and he will deserve it, but I want it at the proper length and severity commissary to the infractions he performed as legal system and the NFL laws dictate.

Hopefully, it's not that bad and this season is still in play.

But stop with the "banned for life," and "he should be cut today nonsense," you all sound like hypocrites, football players aren't model citizens.  Sheldon didn't kill anybody, or physical hurt anybody, he's a kid that needs to be humbled and a wake up call to the mistakes that he has made.

hey, bring this common sense somewhere else. we have a stake burning going on and we don't need this kinda sh*t messing it up

If we put aside the righteous indignation narrative, then this is the reality of it.

Listen, I'm not a fan of the fact that the NFL and athletes get away with crimes we as tax-paying schlubs wouldn't. I get that. It sucks.

I just don't want the Jets and Sheldon Richardson to become the example and case study for where all the injustice suddenly gets corrected. **** that. He didn't kill or rape anyone. He didn't even hit anyone or kill an animal. He sped, he smoked, and he made stupid decisions that endangered people, specifically a child, but he was lucky in that nobody got hurt. I believe in redemption. Sometimes dumb sh*t like this can be a wake-up call. Sometimes it's not. I fully expect and want the NFL, the players union, the Jets, and Sheldon to make him pay the price, then get him back on the field as soon as possible. Then for him to never do this sort of dumb sh*t again.

What Sheldon did was no worse than what Greg Hardy did. Add 4 more games. Lose him for 8 total, maybe even 10. That seems right in contrast to how other teams and players manipulate the system as it exists... just as long as we do exactly that: manipulate the system. Every other team does it for much bigger scum bags. This guy is dumb. He's our dummy. There's no reason to cut him. Just be thankful he didn't do something worse, and hope he can keep being a dominant force for us while never doing anything like this again.

I actually think we want him for less than 6 games this year. In that case, so I heard, he loses the ability to become an UFA in 2017 and instead will be a RFA. if he continues to be dominant this would be huge for the jets.

I actually think we want him for less than 6 games this year. In that case, so I heard, he loses the ability to become an UFA in 2017 and instead will be a RFA. if he continues to be dominant this would be huge for the jets.

So, you're saying that if he gets like 12 games suspension, it improves the chance that we can have him, Mo, Leonard and maybe even Snacks for another year?

Stallworth paid off the victim family , and why he was able to stay out of jail. There is no question at the moment D Stallworth situation ( someone got killed) is way more serious than Sheldon Richardson. it's still early and who knows if Sheldon Richardson doesn't kill someone the next time he's high.

Sheldon Richardson might not get jail time, but you can't like his chances beating future drug tests,( how many years before he's kicked out of the league

when I was 18, something very similar happened to me. I was with my cousin(17) and some girl he was banging(15).my cousin convinced the girl,whos brother owned a Nissan 300zx twin turbo sitting in garage, to take it for a spin. he was driving and decided to see how fast it was. we were all buzzed at the time. drove by a cop on the freeway very late at night and was clocked at 140 mph. my cousin saw the cops hit his lights, he hit the gas, and jumped off the feeway a coupla exits down to avoid getting caught. didn't work. cops surrounded the car and my cousin was arrested. paid a fine and was done. was fun at the time, but looking back, it was dumb, stupid, dangerous, and immature. but it was nothing that we couldn't bounce back from. lesson learned

We almost all do/did various levels of immature stupidity in our teens .... Many of us continued it to some level into our twenties ... Most of us straightened out our decision making progress when/if THE CONSEQUENCES reared their ugly head.

Hopefully Sheldon gets it & gets it together now ... Unfortunately while hoping I am not trusting he will.

Whatever happened to the girl & how hot was she?

As a fan I'm not sure why it's turned into an issue where either you are sticking up for him or you want him cut....here's my stance ..I do think it's a big deal , I do think he's a moron , I don't think he's going to learn his lesson,...but I don't want to cut him.

I really wish people would stop calling 24 year olds kids.  A 24 yr old who has been through highschool, college and 2 years in a professional capacity is not a KID.  He is a grown adult and needs accountability.

Lets look at his history:

1. He drops hints of wanting Suh 100+ mil type money before entering his 3rd professional year.

2. He fails multiple drug tests, suspended 4 games. Next suspension will be 10 games.

3. 12 days after his punishment (which hasn't been served yet) the facts come out in a police report of mulitple new offenses.

4. He chooses to not disclose this information to his employer and embarrasses his employer by trying to cover up the arrest, leaving his employer scambling in a PR nightmare.

5. He proclaims in front of the media and public 1 hour before everyone found out about the arrest that he is not a dope fiend and no one should worry about hearing Sheldons name in the news ever again.

6. He violated the Player conduct policy at least in 3 different capacities during these July events.

HE LIED TO HIS EMPLOYERS AND TRIED TO COVER IT UP.

-this alone would normally get you fired.

Again he is 24 years old, this is not a child, this is an adult who has made severely poor choices in his ADULT life.

Going to be interesting to see how the new regime handles this.

Stallworth paid off the victim family , and why he was able to stay out of jail. There is no question at the moment D Stallworth situation ( someone got killed) is way more serious than Sheldon Richardson. it's still early and who knows if Sheldon Richardson doesn't kill someone the next time he's high.

Sheldon Richardson might not get jail time, but you can't like his chances beating future drug tests,( how many years before he's kicked out of the league

I don't know your age but knowing Raider history since they started Sheldon would be a altar boy compared to some Raider players through the years..LOL

Archived