Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Missouri gun laws.. According to this he should have a felony charge??

It is a misdemeanor to possess an unloaded fire arm under the influence of drugs or alcohol (it is a felony if the weapon is loaded). 

Well there it is...there's the felony we've been waiting for on this....If he was under legally under the influence (luckily for him it doesn't sound like he was charged with that) combine this with all the other things going on....he's doing jail time.

Him carrying a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon under the seat of his Bentley simply adds to his stupidity as a person. It is part of the big picture.

your biased opinion has no bearing. the 2nd amendment states otherwise

I have no problem with guns and gun ownership...have fun, enjoy, hunt, protect yourself...go second amendment!!!

But there's such a thing as responsible gun ownership - and any court or league penalty will certainly take into account he was being irresponsible with his gun.  Driving at those speeds, high, evading police, while in the possession of a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon is not responsible. 

The gun most certainly has a place in this discussion.  

If he's allowed to have a gun in his car in the state or not, thats the only issue for the court.  It doesn't make a difference if you're on your way to Home Depot vs racing down a street.  He wasn't waving it in a crowded theater, hell no one even knew he had a gun until they searched the car.  Hows that irresponsible 

If he's allowed to have a gun in his car in the state or not, thats the only issue for the court.  It doesn't make a difference if you're on your way to Home Depot vs racing down a street.  He wasn't waving it in a crowded theater, hell no one even knew he had a gun until they searched the car.  Hows that irresponsible 

Sorry you're wrong...Felony!

It is a misdemeanor to possess an unloaded fire arm under the influence of drugs or alcohol (it is a felony if the weapon is loaded).

I have no problem with guns and gun ownership...have fun, enjoy, hunt, protect yourself...go second amendment!!!

But there's such a thing as responsible gun ownership - and any court or league penalty will certainly take into account he was being irresponsible with his gun.  Driving at those speeds, high, evading police, while in the possession of a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon is not responsible. 

The gun most certainly has a place in this discussion.  

I agree, meanwhile a Marine moving from FL to California makes a wrong turn and ends up at the Mexican check point and does 7 months in a Mexican jail.. No sanctuary cities in Mexico.. :animal0029:

That Leonard Williams pick up is looking even better in hindsight. 

So much for all the people who hated the pick because we didn't need another DL.  That wanted them to take a position of need over the best available player.

Once again proving why internet GMs are unemployed GMs

Well there it is...there's the felony we've been waiting for on this....If he was under legally under the influence (luckily for him it doesn't sound like he was charged with that) combine this with all the other things going on....he's doing jail time.

keep dreaming. where does it state that he was under the influence? it doesnt

keep dreaming. where does it state that he was under the influence? it doesnt

I think you're missing the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not prosecuting him, nor am I trying to make a statement about guns....That's not what I'm trying to do -

I'm just looking at the situation as a fan.  Sounds like he was clearly high - the car smelled like Marijuana...

If he was high and had possession of a fully loaded, semi-automatic weapon - it is a Felony, in a state that seems to be laxed on gun control.

You're saying it should have no bearing whatsoever in discussing this topic and I'm saying it does and should.  

Sorry you're wrong...Felony!

It is a misdemeanor to possess an unloaded fire arm under the influence of drugs or alcohol (it is a felony if the weapon is loaded).

Stop changing the argument.  You said he would get jail time because he was racing.  Find that in Savages post.

Also find anywhere, up to now, where anyone has proven that he was under the influence.  

You need to get your ducks in a row before telling people they're wrong.  As in your first sentence says: "Sorry you're wrong...Felony!"  Nice, then to help prove your inaccurate point you site "It is a misdemeanor to possess an unloaded fire arm under the influence of drugs or alcohol (it is a felony if the weapon is loaded)."  Again, no one has said he was under the influence 

Stop changing the argument.  You said he would get jail time because he was racing.  Find that in Savages post.

Also find anywhere, up to now, where anyone has proven that he was under the influence.  

You need to get your ducks in a row before telling people they're wrong.  

From what I read it was loaded.  and I do believe he'll ultimately do jail time...

No one has proven anything..as I said I'm not a prosecutor - just giving my opinion with the little information I have...

I'd guess he's missing most if not all of the season.

The Jets will send him to rehab and then assign a babysitter to him keeping him from getting into stupid trouble again.

Somebody hurry and call the Jets...tell them it's no big deal , all kids do stupid stuff.

From what I read it was loaded.  and I do believe he'll ultimately do jail time...

No one has proven anything..as I said I'm not a prosecutor - just giving my opinion with the little information I have...

AGAIN, no one has said he was under the influence.  He has to be under the influence.  We don't know that he was

Somebody hurry and call the Jets...tell them it's no big deal , all kids do stupid stuff.

Hurry tell everyone that I said it was no big deal.

Just another post where youre completely wrong.  Nice attempt at reading comprehension though

AGAIN, no one has said he was under the influence.  He has to be under the influence.  We don't know that he was

Now you're sounding like a Tom Brady apologist.

I get it...we have no proof, he hasn't been charged...But all the evidence is point to him being high.

The police report states there was a odor of burned marijuana emanating from the car.  With me, this guy does not get the benefit of the doubt when talking about pot...he clearly has a weed problem.

Once again I'll say it...I'm not making a case to have him put in jail - I'm not trying to lay out evidence...

Just saying the guy is an idiot and will likely end up spending time in prison.  As a whole this was a disaster for him..

I think you're missing the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not prosecuting him, nor am I trying to make a statement about guns....That's not what I'm trying to do -

I'm just looking at the situation as a fan.  Sounds like he was clearly high - the car smelled like Marijuana...

If he was high and had possession of a fully loaded, semi-automatic weapon - it is a Felony, in a state that seems to be laxed on gun control.

You're saying it should have no bearing whatsoever in discussing this topic and I'm saying it does and should.  

I am not missing your point. I get it. you are doing a lot of assuming here. you are trying to put 2 and 2 together, but the facts don't add up to your answer

bottom line and once again,the gun being added to the report is just fluff. he is obviously within his rights or charges would have occurred. nowhere does it state that he was under the influence of anything. so, you cannot add the 2 together and come up with a felony. and you cannot tell posters they are wrong with this stategy

End of the line for Richardson and the Jets? 

http://www.sbrsportshq.com/#!article1/czx6

End of the line for Richardson and the Jets?

Anthony Gargano

Now that training camps have officially opened and teams are reporting for the beginning of the 2015 season, it seems like the only thing being thrown around more than a football recently has been the word “accountability”. For months we have been subjected to the drama surrounding the New England Patriots and “Deflategate”, listening to the throngs of people outside of New England clamoring for “justice” to be levied on a franchise that has been down this road several times before. 

I, for one, have grown tired of it and finally found myself at the point of zero tolerance. I am not talking specifically of the banter between Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell, but rather the increasingly large number of incidents involving professional athletes and the law. Granted some of these reports are for what many would consider petty “crimes” (infractions that are considered illegal by the NFL but allowed in a number of states in the US), but the number of incidents more serious in nature seems to be escalating at an alarming rate. We need look no further than some of the most recent cases involving Adrian Peterson, Greg Hardy, Ray McDonald, and Aaron Hernandez for evidence of a trend that needs to cease immediately. 

Jets fans can now include one of their own in this unbecoming list. Shortly after practice ended on Thursday afternoon, and proclaiming to reporters “I'm not a dope fiend, man…I apologized to my teammates and this organization. I told them they don't have to worry about my name being in the news again", news broke that Sheldon Richardson had in fact been charged with resisting arrest near his hometown of St. Louis, Missouri. Reports are that Richardson was the driver of a 2014 Bentley traveling at speeds in excess of 140 mph, possibly involved in a road race with another vehicle. Police later caught up with the vehicle and discovered the smell of burned marijuana, a loaded handgun, and a 12-year-old child amongst the passengers inside. This incident took place, coincidentally enough, only 12 days after Richardson was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. 

From an organizational perspective, where do the Jets go from here with Richardson? The team will obviously remain silent on the issue citing the fact that it is a legal matter, but are they simply biding their time to determine the best route to go with the all-pro defensive tackle? In the past, teams may have been more prone to holding on to their superstar players (see Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh), but when will the National Football League and its 32 teams begin to take a firm stance?

If Richardson is found guilty on October 27th, will Roger Goodell see another opportunity to begin cleaning up the mess that has left his league with an unwanted, yet warranted, reputation? A better question is if the New York Jets need to wait that long. It should not go unmentioned that Richardson withheld all accounts of the incident from the Jets organization, perhaps an unspoken admittance of guilt.

Sheldon Richardson entered the league with some character issues and it appears he is content with upholding them. Is one player, regardless of talent and dominance displayed on the field, worth the headache and blemish to a franchise’s reputation?

Before Jets fans prepare to take their next shot at Tom Brady, Robert Kraft, or the New England Patriots, perhaps they should look inside their own locker room. Maybe anyone attending Jets practices should keep their eyes peeled to the skies above Florham Park in the coming days, there might be a message courtesy of our friends up north. 

Archived