Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

Dez has managed to get off(video never came out though)...but Richardson seems to be the same guy as Dez is. The Cowboys were squirming giving him that contract. Doesnt show up to meetings, pistol in the mouth at a Walmart parking lot, both from the midwest...all the good stuff.

Oh I don't want them to pay Sheldon a huge contract..  hopefully he comes back and tears it up the last 12 games.  Then trade that dummy for a kings ransome.  We're going to lose 1 of Mo, Sheldon, and Williams at some point any way you slice it.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is we saw pictures of Petersons abused child and a video of Ray Rices cowardly punch.  Without the video Rice was going to miss 2 games.  Without the pictures Peterson might not miss any.

Unless Richardsons escapade shows up on an episode of Cops I think this will be go away in a month or 2.

It's a misdemeanor and a couple traffic tickets..  It's certainly stupid and he's a dumb ass but these are not charges he can't come back from.

Child endangerment and possession of a loaded, concealed weapon.  Has it been established whether the gun was registered?  then add the assorted misdemeanors and motor vehicle violations.  Add to that he's failed drug tests about 4 times since joining the NFL and I doubt any judge is going to let this one go.  

The difference is we saw pictures of Petersons abused child and a video of Ray Rices cowardly punch.  Without the video Rice was going to miss 2 games.  Without the pictures Peterson might not miss any.

Unless Richardsons escapade shows up on an episode of Cops I think this will be go away in a month or 2.

It's a misdemeanor and a couple traffic tickets..  It's certainly stupid and he's a dumb ass but these are not charges he can't come back from.

Yep, agreed. Especially with the bold.

Sounds like this would have been the end result, but now with the police officers statement becoming public there will be pressure put on the law to go after Mr. Richardson.  The question is did they already fail to have the legal standing to add that pressure, or did they let him off the hook, and can't touch him with more.

the pot smoke smell and the gun are just fluff. if they had anything on those 2 things, he would have been charged. typically, for a local nfl star, those things would have been left out of the report. thinking maybe its backlash for the "pigs" comment. I don't quite understand not charging him somehow for having the 12yo in the car, but it sounds like nothing will happen with that,either. it leaves a coupla minor offenses and the worst one is hard to prove. I see a traffic fine in richardsons future and at most, 6 months uncondition probation for a watered down offense like disturbing the peace

Child endangerment and possession of a loaded, concealed weapon.  Has it been established whether the gun was registered?  then add the assorted misdemeanors and motor vehicle violations.  Add to that he's failed drug tests about 4 times since joining the NFL and I doubt any judge is going to let this one go.  

But he's not being charged with anything but a class A misdemeanor and traffic tickets. 

Costello article:

Richardson, who is suspended for the first four games of the season after failing a drug test, was charged Thursday in Missouri with resisting arrest along with a variety of traffic violations for an incident that occurred on July 14.

According to the police report, Richardson was clocked doing 143 miles per hour in what police believe was a street race. When the police tried to pull over Richardson’s 2014 Bentley Silver Spur, he accelerated and tried to avoid the police. He pulled off I-64, turned off all of the vehicle’s lights and sped through a traffic light, according to the police.

Richardson eventually turned into a driveway and the officers told him,  at gunpoint, to exit the vehicle because they saw him reach for something between his feet. Richardson complied, but police found a loaded semi-automatic handgun under the mat on the driver’s side. The officers also said they smelled marijuana in the vehicle. There were two adult males and a 12-year-old in the car.

Richardson was not charged for the gun or drugs. He was charged with resisting arrest, a class A misdemeanor, and is punishable with up to one year in jail. Richardson has been ordered to appear in St. Charles County Circuit Court on Oct. 27.

But he's not being charged with anything but a class A misdemeanor and traffic tickets. 

Costello article:

Richardson, who is suspended for the first four games of the season after failing a drug test, was charged Thursday in Missouri with resisting arrest along with a variety of traffic violations for an incident that occurred on July 14.

According to the police report, Richardson was clocked doing 143 miles per hour in what police believe was a street race. When the police tried to pull over Richardson’s 2014 Bentley Silver Spur, he accelerated and tried to avoid the police. He pulled off I-64, turned off all of the vehicle’s lights and sped through a traffic light, according to the police.

Richardson eventually turned into a driveway and the officers told him,  at gunpoint, to exit the vehicle because they saw him reach for something between his feet. Richardson complied, but police found a loaded semi-automatic handgun under the mat on the driver’s side. The officers also said they smelled marijuana in the vehicle. There were two adult males and a 12-year-old in the car.

Richardson was not charged for the gun or drugs. He was charged with resisting arrest, a class A misdemeanor, and is punishable with up to one year in jail. Richardson has been ordered to appear in St. Charles County Circuit Court on Oct. 27.

no charges.  yet.  wait.

Do you guys forget that the NFL has carte blanche here? Charges mean nothing in regards to what they can do.

The Roger is too busy worrying about Bradys balls to make an example of Sheldon.  I guess he might add another game or 2 but this idea that he's going to get banned from the league is silly.

Do you guys forget that the NFL has carte blanche here? Charges mean nothing in regards to what they can do.

this is true. the court will slap Richardson on the wrist. not so sure how the nfl will handle this. they might do nothing, then again, they might add to the suspension. who knows?

Get very frustrated reading post excusing his actions do to the fact he is young and immature. What is next the race card? Young Black man driving an expensive car racially profiled. Own the actions and move on, the best scenario.

its been 2 weeks. no other charges are coming

Thats the thing, I am not big on knowledge of the law, and don't know if they can charge more legally.  BUT if they can there will be a ton of pressure now with the statement being public for them to add charges.

According to a probable cause statement by the arresting officer from the O’Fallon, Missouri police department, Richardson was identified as the driver of a 2014 Bentley Silver Spur W12 where a handgun was found under the driver’s seat. According to the statement, the officer also said two other men and a 12-year-old child were in the car and that everyone in the car smelled like marijuana.

The Roger is too busy worrying about Bradys balls to make an example of Sheldon. I guess he might add another game or 2 but this idea that he's going to get banned from the league is silly.

Banned? No. Blackballed for a bit? Possible. Kid, DWI, 143 mph, and a gun is a bad narrative.

It just became 'public', if you will. Give it a minute.

this is small potatoes. this isn't some horrible crime. if they wanted to charge Richardson, with the only other thing I could think of, child endangerment, they would have done so already

Thats the thing, I am not big on knowledge of the law, and don't know if they can charge more legally.  BUT if they can there will be a ton of pressure now with the statement being public for them to add charges.

People care about dogs and hitting women/children.

While not everyone can relate to going 143 miles an hour there are many people who own guns, have smoked pot, and have sped.  I don't see much public outrage coming from this.  As long as Sheldon doesn't say anything stupid (which is no gimmie) people will get back to the cheating Patriots in no time.

People care about dogs and hitting women/children.

While not everyone can relate to going 143 miles an hour there are many people who own guns, have smoked pot, and have sped.  I don't see much public outrage coming from this.  As long as Sheldon doesn't say anything stupid (which is no gimmie) people will get back to the cheating Patriots in no time.

Umm there will be a sh*t storm of people rightfully pissed about all that going on with a 12 YEAR OLD KID in the car, that is the problem, the rest would be not a big deal, but add the 12 year old, and there will be people chanting from roof tops about how it is a serious issue.

Get very frustrated reading post excusing his actions do to the fact he is young and immature. What is next the race card? Young Black man driving an expensive car racially profiled. Own the actions and move on, the best scenario.

just stop. even before you get started. what Richardson did was just dumb ,stupid sh*t that younger people do. imo, he will own up to it, like he did with the weed suspension, deal with his consequences and move on. he has not quite reached al capone status. not yet

this is small potatoes. this isn't some horrible crime. if they wanted to charge Richardson, with the only other thing I could think of, child endangerment, they would have done so already

I think theres 2 schools of thought here.

1. We know who this dude is, local boy done good. Let's not ruin his life.

2. (Now that everything is out) We need to make an example, yadda yadda.

How this didn't come out until today is a story unto itself.

I think theres 2 schools of thought here.

1. We know who this dude is, local boy done good. Let's not ruin his life.

2. (Now that everything is out) We need to make an example, yadda yadda.

How this didn't come out until today is a story unto itself.

if you do some digging the redflags were there dating back to his days at JUCO...he's from a bad neighborhood etc. Just not a bright kid.

Umm there will be a sh*t storm of people rightfully pissed about all that going on with a 12 YEAR OLD KID in the car, that is the problem, the rest would be not a big deal, but add the 12 year old, and there will be people chanting from roof tops about how it is a serious issue.

maybe..  but I doubt it. 

if you do some digging the redflags were there dating back to his days at JUCO...he's from a bad neighborhood etc. Just not a bright kid.

That's what I mean. Had a 'tough' go of it and made the NFL. Let's not screw him. Now that it's out? You know other names for prosecutors, yes? Lawyer. Wannabe/potential judge/partner.

I remember when some of us were saying we should have included him in a trade before the draft.  I still think that might have been a wise move, despite the beating we took out here. 

It wasn't the taking of the weed but his attitude.

Now maybe he is on the verge of losing his career its a shame and I hope that this guy can get his life together before he destroys everything.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The cops and district attorney can take their sweet time with charges. They don't all have to come at once. There can be more charges after all of the evidence is collected. This is basic stuff. And it's not good. Not in the least.

just stop. even before you get started. what Richardson did was just dumb ,stupid sh*t that younger people do. imo, he will own up to it, like he did with the weed suspension, deal with his consequences and move on. he has not quite reached al capone status. not yet

Just what I was talking about dumb stupid action is correct. Because this is something young people do is just an excuse own the action and move forward.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The cops and district attorney can take their sweet time with charges. They don't all have to come at once. There can be more charges after all of the evidence is collected. This is basic stuff. And it's not good. Not in the least.

If this is true then yeah Sheldon could be fcked.

Archived