Russell Wilson signed to new 4-year deal worth $87.6M

Jetsfan80

Thats funny. You write this statement above, yet you just compared Wilson to those very men. I dont compare overall talent of Wilson to any of them. Peyton Manning in his prime is the best QB I've ever seen in my life. Aaron Rodgers is a very close 2nd. Wilson....he's just a beast. He's in his 4th year and from the looks of it he could be in that convo by maybe his 7th or 8th season but not now. Its not fair to Wilson and its a joke to compare a 4th year player to guys who if they were to all retire right now they would all be first ballots. 

I dont think Wilson is good enough to carry a team by himself. I dont think any player in the league right now can do it outside of Aaron Rodgers. People look at Brady as if its him by himself, as if coaching (put aside the cheating) doesnt account for the Pats success over the past decade and a half. 

And I mean this generally, the topic of "carrying a team by yourself" is just stupid to me. There are 22 starting players on the team for a reason, and though some teams are more talented than others when I watch Russell Play you can see that he is not just being "carried" yet getting all the credit. That Seahawks defense gets credit from everyone. Lynch contribution gets credit from everyone yet Russell's contribution is scrutinized simply because he's a QB and has complimentary talent along side him. 

I never hear Joe Montana (not comparing Wilson to Montana...just circumstance) getting scrutinized for having the greatest WR in NFL history, along with great defensive players and no worries about a salary cap. Why? Because Joe Montana was still a beast in his own right. 

Only reason I am comparing them is because people seem to forgive his limitations and bad plays as if he was as productive as those guys, and he is not. I agree, nobody is. I happen to put Rodgers above Manning, but its incredibly close and like arguing between two Victoria Secret models.

I also agree with you on Brady, as much as people want to give Brady all the credit for Bellicheck, I don't think Brady would have been Brady without him, the two of them together is what makes them both what they are.

I think Wilson is good, I don't think he is as good as many people want to make him out to be, that is all. I also think many Jets fans are absolutely delusional about what most QB's actually do every week. Every QB, even the best ones miss a lot of plays each week. The good ones make enough to overcome, and have good enough teams around them to overcome.

Most of it is agenda driven. Some Jet fans want to make wilson to be the reason the Hawks have been so great, so they don't have to give Carroll any credit, because they once labeled him a boob when he was HC of the Jets (which he was), and they never could have been wrong, and he never could have changed. So they make Wilson to be this magician that makes Carroll good.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, look at that NFCCG last year. Perfect example of "Its not how you start, but how you finish". And that pass by Wilson in the SB shouldnt have even been called, but even so it wasnt a bad pass as it was just an all-world play by Butler to literally go through the receiver for that interception. Ricardo Lockett didnt want that reception as much as Butler wanted that INT. 

And thats not all that you said, you mentioned how if you were a Seahawks fan you would be worried. Thats what I found a problem with. Last night wasnt Wilson's best game but overall if you look at what he's put together for the 1st quarter of the season collectively he's having a very good season and is having a career season in terms of passing yards. 

In 2010, Sanchez lead at least 4 game winning drives where he was meh at best most of the games, the defense sucked, and the Jets won the game. Nobody really cared about that and bashed him for sucking that year, and basically said he held them back that year. 

All I ask for is consistency. The reason we don't get consistency is because of agendas, its really simple.

Only reason I am comparing them is because people seem to forgive his limitations and bad plays as if he was as productive as those guys, and he is not. I agree, nobody is. I happen to put Rodgers above Manning, but its incredibly close and like arguing between two Victoria Secret models.

I also agree with you on Brady, as much as people want to give Brady all the credit for Bellicheck, I don't think Brady would have been Brady without him, the two of them together is what makes them both what they are.

I think Wilson is good, I don't think he is as good as many people want to make him out to be, that is all. I also think many Jets fans are absolutely delusional about what most QB's actually do every week. Every QB, even the best ones miss a lot of plays each week. The good ones make enough to overcome, and have good enough teams around them to overcome.

Most of it is agenda driven. Some Jet fans want to make wilson to be the reason the Hawks have been so great, so they don't have to give Carroll any credit, because they once labeled him a boob when he was HC of the Jets (which he was), and they never could have been wrong, and he never could have changed. So they make Wilson to be this magician that makes Carroll good.

I can see your point. Overall, hawks fans have no need to be concerned at the QB position. As good as Wilson has been he will have bad plays given that he's a 4th year player and he's still learning. But he has way more good plays than bad and when he does have a bad game he certainly knows how to finish. 

Just like in that NFCCG you mentioned. 

Some of the comments in this thread explain a lot as to why some think Fitzpatrick is a terrible QB....  Anything less that perfection is not acceptable.  Any plays left on the field = overhyped QB...

basically everyone except Rodgers and Mariota sucks.  Brady would suck but the deflated balls help him throw 6 td's per game.

Archived