Jets camp Aug 1

flgreen

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Offense won #Jets practice today, so the defense is doing push-ups. Practice is done on Day 3.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Offense won practice. Defense doing push-ups.

The offense won practice? Are they allowed to do that?

1. Offense won #Jets practice today, so the defense is doing push-ups. Practice is done on Day 3.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Offense won practice. Defense doing push-ups.

3 days into TC and the offense won??? WTF world are we living in.  Next you will tell me Berenstein was always Berenstain Bears!

I know it's Day 1 with pads but the fact that the offense 'won' practice today is a good sign. Hope Geno can keep this up. Maybe coaching really was playing a bigger role then we realize with Geno.

Most impressive thing is no turnovers so far. I don't think I have heard that with this team this far (3 days) into camp in a few years haha

I know it's Day 1 with pads but the fact that the offense 'won' practice today is a good sign. Hope Geno can keep this up. Maybe coaching really was playing a bigger role then we realize with Geno.

Most impressive thing is no turnovers so far. I don't think I have heard that with this team this far into camp.

According to the Tuna you don't know what you have in a player till year 3.. It's not like Geno was the first pick in the draft like Manning..

Joe PersonVerified account
‏@josephperson
Stephen Hill gets ovation as he's lifted on to cart. Right knee. Early indications are not good.

WOW harsh!  I think I'm reading this comment wrong, hoping they are cheering b/c he is alive and not because he is injured.  I know he sucks but I despise seeing anyone get injured.

Most impressive thing is no turnovers so far. I don't think I have heard that with this team this far (3 days) into camp in a few years haha

Or maybe Geno is just maturing and learning the game. The way it's supposed to go with young players in spite of what fans want to happen.

I know its only 3 days but barely heard Revis name.  QBs need to throw the ball his way, don't worry about the picks guys, Revis needs reps too ya know!

Nah, all Revis needs is his oil changed and routine software updates, and he's good. Machines don't need practice.

I think Geno is definitely a combination of experience and coaching.  You can't dismiss what Gailey does for QBs and you can't dismiss QBs just getting better with time.  I think its a match made in heaven.  My only 2 issues with Geno are how he handles adversity when it comes, as will come at some point and how his small hands hold up with those damn fumbles.

I think Geno is definitely a combination of experience and coaching.  You can't dismiss what Gailey does for QBs and you can't dismiss QBs just getting better with time.  I think its a match made in heaven.  My only 2 issues with Geno are how he handles adversity when it comes, as will come at some point and how his small hands hold up with those damn fumbles.

Sanchez had big hands and still had the Butt fumble..LOL

Sanchez had big hands and still had the Butt fumble..LOL

That had nothing to do with his hands and everything to do with his brain :tongue:

But seriously Sanchez actually had hand size you want, 10.5 inches.  Geno is at 9.25 inches.  He has really small hands and I see it sometimes with snaps and handoffs where he doesn't have full control of the ball.  I forget if he started wearing gloves or not but I think he should always wear them.

He really wasn't a bust talent wise he was just plain nuts back then..

Exactly...dude had tons of talent and played very well at times for a young dude...even when this team hits on first rounders, they miss.

Where is it said that he has small hands?

What 23 yr old QB's handle adversity well?  It's part of the maturation process.

That had nothing to do with his hands and everything to do with his brain :tongue:

But seriously Sanchez actually had hand size you want, 10.5 inches.  Geno is at 9.25 inches.  He has really small hands and I see it sometimes with snaps and handoffs where he doesn't have full control of the ball.  I forget if he started wearing gloves or not but I think he should always wear them.

Maybe he could do something that would make the balls easier to hang on to. Maybe something that an established, successful current QB does that really seems to help his teams other-worldly turnover rate. If only there we're something he could do....

Yep look at Drew Bree's not everyone is a ace from day one..

Most start off poorly making plenty of mistakes. Coming out a spread offense doesn't help. Unless the Jets draft you this year apparently. Mariotta would be given the time, Petty is allowed to learn. Not Geno.

Add in he had no one to help him most of the time. Hard to judge him off those first two years.

Thanks for the posts.

REALLY encouraged by IK & Enunwa's progress. I liked the picks and I hope they continue to develop and take advantage of their reps in practice.

I am rooting for the QB position to succeed, so it is encouraging to hear Geno is playing well THUS FAR, but I'll reserve judgement until the bullets fly.

A new season.........a new Hope!

Archived