Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh.  I'm guessing you mean an Eruv.  It's not tied to a house - it encloses an area (such as a few square miles of Manhattan).  Don't need to get into the mechanics of why it works, but what it does is it renders the area within its boundaries "private property" for purposes of Jewish law as it applies to the Sabbath.  And that's important, because on the Sabbath you are permitted to carry objects (like your house keys, or pushing a wheel chair, for example) within private property, but not between private property and public property (i.e. from inside the apartment building out onto the street, or vice versa) or for more than about 10 feet in any direction when you are on public property.  (Don't get hung up on the terms "private" and "public"; they're the best available translations of technical terms in Jewish law)

So by enclosing the boundaries of the community in an Eruv (which is generally composed of wires run alongside the telephone and electric wires, along with "door posts" attached to some of the electric poles), you render that entire area "private property" for purposes of carrying on the Sabbath, allowing people to carry their house keys, books, push wheel chairs and strollers, etc.

Thanks, that's very interesting. I have a lot of neighbors down the shore who are religious Jews and I've always wondered what that was about.

Wait, so the person that pushes a competing train to scum, questions the votes on scum and advocates for voting on the competing train is accusing the guy who hammered scum?

Is this what we've devolved to?

Ape's fault.  We were hoping he'd evolve into something resembling a human.  Instead he's turning us all into Apes (and Apettes).

It intrigues me that both SMC and CTM get the "Apeish" feel from Nae's posts.  Just now I was telling myself "I don't see much that is Apeish about them, mostly because I'm not reading them; they're long diatribes that she is bloviating.....wait.....yep, Apeish."

He could totally have been on Ape's team.  Nae's right on this one.  Ninjahammering the Ape doesn't buy him sh*t, especially given JN meta.

I guess, but his play today suggests this is still unlikely.  If he were on the scum team, wouldn't he simply keep silent about the JiF as Loki discussion?  By screaming from the mountaintop that we should let scum take out JiF, he's putting himself entirely too far out in the open for a scum team that just lost its GF, no?  I just really doubt that he'd do that as scum. 

I'm not ruling it out entirely (especially since there's a bit of a WIFOM-y aspect to what I'm saying), but in my mind it is highly unlikely.  His actions make a lot more sense for Loki if he's non-town.

lol @ Frost Monkey and Apenarok.

Also, Nae, when you asked for reasons for voting the Ape, I'm pretty sure I gave you mine.  And Lizzie and CTM had decent arguments too IIRC.

You are right... CTM actually answered me and listed several points.  I give him props.  The loud mouths are the ones I recalled when saying that.  I've got a town read on you so I haven't really been picking apart your posts.. bad play I know because you could have me fooled... but for now I do feel good about the two you mentioned and yourself.

He could totally have been on Ape's team.  Nae's right on this one.  Ninjahammering the Ape doesn't buy him sh*t, especially given JN meta.

Toss in the fact that he keeps hooting about the fact that doing so CLEARLY makes him town.

I questioned the possibility. It works if you both survive as a way for Ape to weasel out of it. It works if one of you die later, not die on that lynch. The weasel out was prevented by my ninja hammer. So get it straight.

Uhm, no, because I'm not scum

Even though it's ludicrous to say that hammering Ape is somehow less scummy than an early distance gambit, it just occurred to me that,

I also suggested much earlier than you did a similar concept of Ape doing an early distancing from Lily, & Wombat also recently brought that same concept up recently in his re read. you are rehashing this for a third time..

It intrigues me that both SMC and CTM get the "Apeish" feel from Nae's posts.  Just now I was telling myself "I don't see much that is Apeish about them, mostly because I'm not reading them; they're long diatribes that she is bloviating.....wait.....yep, Apeish."

I'll admit it... I loled.

I guess, but his play today suggests this is still unlikely.  If he were on the scum team, wouldn't he simply keep silent about the JiF as Loki discussion?  By screaming from the mountaintop that we should let scum take out JiF, he's putting himself entirely too far out in the open for a scum team that just lost its GF, no?  I just really doubt that he'd do that as scum. 

I'm not ruling it out entirely (especially since there's a bit of a WIFOM-y aspect to what I'm saying), but in my mind it is highly unlikely.  His actions make a lot more sense for Loki if he's non-town.

You have a point there.  I'm not trying to say anything about SMC one way or the other.  I was mainly trying to get rid of bad assumptions.

I guess, but his play today suggests this is still unlikely. If he were on the scum team, wouldn't he simply keep silent about the JiF as Loki discussion? By screaming from the mountaintop that we should let scum take out JiF, he's putting himself entirely too far out in the open for a scum team that just lost its GF, no? I just really doubt that he'd do that as scum.

I'm not ruling it out entirely (especially since there's a bit of a WIFOM-y aspect to what I'm saying), but in my mind it is highly unlikely. His actions make a lot more sense for Loki if he's non-town.

Regardless of whether it's scummy or foolish. The let Loki live thing was bad, circular logic there is no denying that. And lily's death, make it worse if JiF dies tonight. We will see how things shake out.

Why are you defending Nae?

I'm not. I was asking you to lay out a case and your case was, mostly, "she sounds like Ape."

That's a sh*tty case.

Aww shoot Nolder... now he knows all of the scum team.  Way to go dude.

Well, what can you do? People will draw connections where there are none.

Nolder, I get that you'd prefer to take out Barm over Nae for logical reasons.  But this is a situation where gut feels are important too.  SMC and CTM are operating on gut feels.

Sounds less like gut and more like baseless accusation to me. I could say you sound Apeish right now. Prove you don't or you're scum.

SMC and CTM have enough credit to give them both the benefit of the doubt but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call out sh*tty cases and tactics when I see it.

Toss in the fact that he keeps hooting about the fact that doing so CLEARLY makes him town.

Yeah, he brings it up a little too often for my tastes. Although to be fair he did get lynched as uncountered cop with a guilty a couple games ago so being clear town might be a sensitive spot for him lol.

I'm not. I was asking you to lay out a case and your case was, mostly, "she sounds like Ape."

That's a sh*tty case.

Well, what can you do? People will draw connections where there are none.

Sounds less like gut and more like baseless accusation to me. I could say you sound Apeish right now. Prove you don't or you're scum.

SMC and CTM have enough credit to give them both the benefit of the doubt but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call out sh*tty cases and tactics when I see it.

Yeah, he brings it up a little too often for my tastes. Although to be fair he did get lynched as uncountered cop with a guilty a couple games ago so being clear town might be a sensitive spot for him lol.

Uhh CTM I obviously see why he has town credit. SMC, I do not. He hammered Ape, that's basically it. Explain?

Uhh CTM I obviously see why he has town credit. SMC, I do not. He hammered Ape, that's basically it. Explain?

I think he's talking about as overall Mafia players, not just this game. 

(Once again answered for someone else to piss you off, since you admitted you hate that.  :) )

Even though it's ludicrous to say that hammering Ape is somehow less scummy than an early distance gambit, it just occurred to me that,

I also suggested much earlier than you did a similar concept of Ape doing an early distancing from Lily, & Wombat also recently brought that same concept up recently in his re read. you are rehashing this for a third time..

Well, you've been rehashing the Loki point ad nauseum, so glass houses man, glass houses. 

Depends how much credit you want to give for hammering scum I guess. I give some. Others might give none.

Depends how much credit you want to give for hammering scum I guess. I give some. Others might give none.

I give him credit for providing lulz and for making the ballsy move.  But meanwhile he left poor CTM in the trenches taking grenades over his "60 %" comments and such.  While town was doing the grunt work SMC had disappeared for 36 hours, as if his one purpose in this game was to hammer the sumbitch.  lol.

Well, you've been rehashing the Loki point ad nauseum, so glass houses man, glass houses. 

I could see why you'd want to say that but not really...I deconstructed your tail chasing Kill/Don't Kill Loki idea and you spent pages defending and rebutting it

Then I pointed out that you tried to pass this "Ape/Scum distancing early on" Act as your own..rehashing was hte wrong word because you positioned it as original thought

I give him credit for providing lulz and for making the ballsy move.  But meanwhile he left poor CTM in the trenches taking grenades over his "60 %" comments and such.  While town was doing the grunt work SMC had disappeared for 36 hours, as if his one purpose in this game was to hammer the sumbitch.  lol.

I still don't get that.. 60% is a huge day 1 #..

I'm basically never 100%, even with a cop guilty max I get to is 90-95%.  

I could see why you'd want to say that but not really...I deconstructed your tail chasing Kill/Don't Kill Loki idea and you spent pages defending and rebutting it

Then I pointed out that you tried to pass this "Ape/Scum distancing early on" Act as your own..rehashing was hte wrong word because you positioned it as original thought

Wait, let me get this straight on your last point -- are you saying that you suggested that YOU bussed Ape?  Because your generic "Ape/Scum" distancing discussion doesn't qualify.  I'm specifically mentioning you as the distancer.  No one else said that before me.

In fact, I had discussed your distancing argument with respect to Nolder.  So, yes, it was not an original thought.  But with respect to your culpability -- rather than just anyone -- it, in fact, was original.

Unless, of course, you want to claim credit for suggesting that you bussed Ape.

This is true, LOL.

She keeps saying that ape wasn't caught for acting scummy and defending poorly, but just because he's ape, or we got lucky or w/e..

I would bet a weeks pay that some variation of this is what ape has been saying in his QT, feel like it could be bleeding through in her in game posts.. OR, just apette'd

Wait, let me get this straight on your last point -- are you saying that you suggested that YOU bussed Ape?  Because your generic "Ape/Scum" distancing discussion doesn't qualify.  I'm specifically mentioning you as the distancer.  No one else said that before me.

In fact, I had discussed your distancing argument with respect to Nolder.  So, yes, it was not an original thought.  But with respect to your culpability -- rather than just anyone -- it, in fact, was original.

Unless, of course, you want to claim credit for suggesting that you bussed Ape.

Lily. I suggested that Ape was doing it with Lily.

Wbt then mentioned it like 10 pages ago as well.

You took the concept, repackaged it with Ape/Lizzie, and positioned it as original thought.

Giving you the benefit of having a decent grasp on reading comprehension given your profession and reputation....this is sloppy.

Lily. I suggested that Ape was doing it with Lily.

Wbt then mentioned it like 10 pages ago as well.

You took the concept, repackaged it with Ape/Lizzie, and positioned it as original thought.

Giving you the benefit of having a decent grasp on reading comprehension given your profession and reputation....this is sloppy.

The mind, boggles.

I NEVER said I came up with the idea of Ape-bussing.  It was mentioned about Nolder and you mentioned it about Lily.  Afterward, I wondered if anyone considered that YOU were the busser.  No one has mentioned that.

You're the one that people were giving credit for going after Ape early and giving you a pass.  I'm suggesting that should be re-thought.  THAT is different than what you were saying because you weren't incriminating yourself, right?

Not liking SMC..  he spent the last 5 days being coy and suddenly now he's shot out of a cannon during a night phase? 

Using the ninja hammer of the Ape as some sort of absolution is comical.  A fellow scum mate would be just as likely if not MORE likely to abruptly hammer in that spot.

I mentioned it before but his first post after doing it was an itemized defense before anyone even questioned him on it. 

Still thinking the pool to lynch from is SMC, Nolder, JiF, 80, and perhaps Barm.

Archived