Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

Yeah, I agree he's been way too quiet.  I don't think him picking "scum" instead of "town" is significant.  Idk about the buddying stuff at all obviously.

Well when I've played numerous games with him and he (and Zander actually) are always asking if I'm towning, then suddenly this game he asks if I'm scumming, it throws some red flags as to what he's thinking. I could be totally wrong on this, but it comes off as a little wary of me but not enough like if he was scum and I'm town. I could go with him being Loki though.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to weigh in on here since I'm not going to hint at anyone's alignment.  But from a general philosophy standpoint, yeah, dollar value bets should stay out of the game as either a town or scum play

Understood.

That would actually make sense.  You have a good point here.

I was talking about this game to a coworker (don't worry they know nothing of this game/website) and he said it sounded like alot of fun..  and he said he'd make it so Loki didn't even know who he was... along the trickster line and Loki being able to impersonate.  That would be kind of a bastard mod situation though imo

Have him sign up for DM and play in the second run of the game there, so he can find out for himself

Have him sign up for DM and play in the second run of the game there, so he can find out for himself

I really think... could I actually get him to do that.. that he'd be one of those that is a natural at it.  We are quickly becoming very good friends and he's got a good head.  I'm not sure I could convince him though.  I'll bug him a bit more about it and see. :)

Looking back at our lynches:

On both:  Seph, 80, JC, Nolder, Lizzie, SMC

On Ape only:  CTM, Wombat

On Lily only:  JiF, Pac

On neither:  Laine, Barm, Nae

I prob would have voted Lily had I been needed though.  All else being equal, I think scum are probably most likely to have been on neither lynch or late on both or one of them.  Nae has seemed mostly town so far, but her continued pushing of the idea that we lynched Ape for bad reasons is bothering me.  Laine seems ok to me so far.  Barm is kinda null.  His ISO looked ok to me, but he also hasn't really done that much.

Just from a general mafia dynamic standpoint, I think it would be tough for a solo with a survivor win condition to have a chance to win without a kill ability.  The standard setup with a solo is that he or she is a SK.  That's the main reason I would think that Loki would be a SK.

Is there any evidence that Loki can kill in this game? No.  So there is a chance that Loki can't kill.  That would make it terribly difficult for him/her to win IMO if he/she couldn't kill.

Just from a general mafia dynamic standpoint, I think it would be tough for a solo with a survivor win condition to have a chance to win without a kill ability. The standard setup with a solo is that he or she is a SK. That's the main reason I would think that Loki would be a SK.

Is there any evidence that Loki can kill in this game? No. So there is a chance that Loki can't kill. That would make it terribly difficult for him/her to win IMO if he/she couldn't kill.

But since Loki's power includes others not knowing their roles, coupled with whatever kind of framing/deception role he has and may well KNOW he has, that would give Loki more than a fighting chance.

Nolder once bet his life on someone being scum, but says it's outside the spirit of the game for others to make wagers? Just because Nolder was correct doesn't mean he can throw rocks in glass houses.

You sure I didn't say something like "If I'm wrong lynch me next"?

No idea what you mean by that. Even putting up some sort of penalty (signatures and userpics were popular on DM for awhile) for being wrong or scum or whatever really heavily influences how people regard you. You're putting up $20 saying "if I'm lying I'll lose money" and people see that as someone who is not lying because obviously you don't want to give up money over a silly argument for some internet game. Don't you see how that breaks the game?

SMC has serious bank...not alignment indicator...who cares.

Dude I wasn't lying when I said I wasn't softclaiming. I really was just that sure on JC which you should know because you were the actual cop and I wasn't scum. Once Pac started pointing it out and calling it softclaiming I rolled with it figuring I could maybe draw the night kill to me and away from the actual cop but obviously that's not how it played out. I didn't do that to get you lynched or even JC lynched I was just that sure. Sorry.

You actually bet your life on it.

Yeah, I agree he's been way too quiet.  I don't think him picking "scum" instead of "town" is significant.  Idk about the buddying stuff at all obviously.

I'll try to pick it up guys, I am sorry but I'm getting burnt out on mafia tbh.

Anywho, Alanna I really didn't like your early game for the reasons I stated, and Barms read list makes absolutely no sense to me. Either Barm is mafia, and put alanna his teammate towards the top.

Or more likey he puts town alanna higher, as he tried to town read you for a extremely poor reason. At that time your content was not that great, and he calls it, "the best in the game" so excuse me, but it's worrisome. Your content picked up here lately, and I need to re red it, but it made me feel better about you.

I'll try to pick it up guys, I am sorry but I'm getting burnt out on mafia tbh.

Anywho, Alanna I really didn't like your early game for the reasons I stated, and Barms read list makes absolutely no sense to me. Either Barm is mafia, and put alanna his teammate towards the top.

Or more likey he puts town alanna higher, as he tried to town read you for a extremely poor reason. At that time your content was not that great, and he calls it, "the best in the game" so excuse me, but it's worrisome. Your content picked up here lately, and I need to re red it, but it made me feel better about you.

I ISO your most recent posts. Before today it has been 2 RL days since your last post which was a vote on Lily

on phone and can't find right now, but right after his lynch ape made a post gloating about the dump he took on the game.. I do not believe this is an attempt to muddy the waters, rather him gloating/saving face.. ape compulsively turns his faults into positives in his own furry little brain, so the story won't be how ape was caught day 1, it will attempt to be how he created so much confusion that he lead his team to victory in 1 days worth of playing

JC?

yes

Went back to find it and you're right I didn't.

I'm convinced.

JC kept dodging my question and wouldn't give a straight answer about why he never voted.

Then he comes out of the gate on me. I'd bet my life he's mafia.

Vote JC

If anyone was stupid enough to take that as anything but the expression it is they're probably actually retarded.

Archived