Rex Ryan breaks down and cries when HBO asks about time with Jets - Watch this

Flushing Roots

I'm sorry, this is a first for me.  I have never seen a head coach cry.  I know there's no crying in baseball.  Didn't know it didn't apply to football.  But then again this is Rex.  Pass the Kleenex please.

Video is at the bottom of the article.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/watch_rex_ryan_breaks_down_and_cries_when_asked_by.html

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alot o fpeople here hate rex ryan and i really don't know why. is the guy a flawed head coach?? sure, and thats mostly due to his ineptitude concerning the offensive side of the game. when the guy was here he was the biggest jets fan in the stadium. sure he said some things that came back to bit him and made him look a little silly. the guy wanted to win and tried his hardest to make it happen. hiring idzik and keeping rex was a disaster. idzik's mission was to clear salary cap and work towards the future while ryans mission was the complete opposite as he needed to win now. it wa simpossible for him to do that because idzik gave him almost nothing to work with. still, even with all the adversity the players were behind ryan. his other biggest problem is too buddy buddy with the players. he's like the parent who wants to be their kids best friend. you have to be the parent first. i wish ryan luck in the future just not enough luck to be better than the jets

We need to cheer for this guy when he comes back to play us.

He's a simple guy, some bad to that but a lot of good - he gave us everything he had. 

Oh he will be..  look at the ridiculous hate threads.  It's the same 7 people frantically posting about all that was wrong with Rex.  The overwhelming majority know he was a good coach that did a great job with the team he was given.

Bowels was just handed a team light years better than anything Rex had.  Lets hope he matches his early success.

I don't hate Ryan, just don't think he is a very good HC, and even his defensive schemes are outdated. I hope he flops in Buffalo only because Ryan could have & should have gone elsewhere. I may have rooted for him, but he had to stay in the AFCE.

F Him, I hope they go 1-15.

I for one feel badly seeing this I really do it made me emotional. Dam it the man cared and I was always pissed off that management didn't understand what they were doing with Rex.

It makes me sick and as one poster above said that alone makes me want to cheer the man.

I don't know another Jet HC EVER CARED AS MUCH!!!

Thanks for the post. It changed me.

I'm sorry, this is a first for me.  I have never seen a head coach cry.  I know there's no crying in baseball.  Didn't know it didn't apply to football.  But then again this is Rex.  Pass the kleenex please.

Video is at the bottom of the article.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/watch_rex_ryan_breaks_down_and_cries_when_asked_by.html

I've seen Dick Vermeil cry, for reasons that make sense. 

Rex continues to prove everything I said about him being an insecure oaf right. He's knows exactly what to do in front of a camera to engender the "poor Rex" mindset.

I don't hate Ryan, just don't think he is a very good HC, and even his defensive schemes are outdated. I hope he flops in Buffalo only because Ryan could have & should have gone elsewhere. I may have rooted for him, but he had to stay in the AFCE.

F Him, I hope they go 1-15.

He's not a good coach. He's also a disingenuous, insecurity-driven wuss. 

I hope they go 0-14-2. I'd be okay with them tying the Patriots twice, but neither team deserves a win in those matchups.

I for one feel badly seeing this I really do it made me emotional. Dam it the man cared and I was always pissed off that management didn't understand what they were doing with Rex.

It makes me sick and as one poster above said that alone makes me want to cheer the man.

I don't know another Jet HC EVER CARED AS MUCH!!!

Thanks for the post. It changed me.

+1

Rex the ultimate showman.

Everything Rex does is deliberate.

Do I think he had some amount of care, yes, yes I do.

Do I think he cared about winning for the Jets, not really, do I think he cared about winning for his ego, absolutely.

All this crying does is incite his Buffalo fanbase.  "How could the Jets get rid of this guy?  He cares sooo much, we are so lucky to have him as HC"

Rex is an ego maniac and a fine con artist.  He's a man I'd love to have a beer with or a man I'd love leading my Defense.  But I'm not sold on whether he has learned from his mistakes instead of crying into his smash pillow.

Lets not all get nostalgia for "lets get a damn snack" and instead remember why he wasn't a very good HC but a great defensive mind.

If you need anymore of a reminder lets look at the last Buffalo TC practice.

Cassel and Manual are competing for reps with the first team.  Yesterday they went an astounding 1 for 8 combined.

1 for 8.

8 Freaking passes during team activities.

8 Freading passes during team activities COMBINED.

No wonder they only completed 1 pass.

Archived