Rex Ryan breaks down and cries when HBO asks about time with Jets - Watch this

Flushing Roots

Bringing Tebow in is the poster for excuses to protect Mark.  He was brought in and from day 1 the Jets said it was to bring in a WC player.  They talked about his abilities as a running/passing threat on specially designed plays.  The said it would be for 5 or so plays a game.  That he wasn't a starter.  But this was too much for poor Mark to handle?  This for a guy who get another excuse in that they didn't bring in competition?  But made up competition was too much for him to handle?  Not getting that one

He looked no better with Holmes and Keller than he did without them.  Or no different that when he had Keller, Bray, Holmes, Cotchery, the leagues number 1 running game and the leagues number 1 defense.  

You can have a QB who can't put up big numbers because of injuries to players on offense but still looks like he knows what hes doing, looks like the only reason his numbers suck is that he didn't have the players around him.  Sanchez looked lost and sh1tty.  The game against Az was as bad as a QB could look and had nothing to do with injuries.  

Tebow wasn't brought here to play QB but that's all Mark was asked about and that alone would have been fine but combine that w/ Sparano at OC and absolutely no weapons how is a QB supposed to succeed?

early in the season he looked great actually tearing up Buffalo and leading us back at Miami 2 weeks later. a week after that Holmes was gone and Keller barely played.

when Mark had weapons he succeeded, post 2010 we stripped away all his weapons and expected him to keep getting better.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tebow wasn't brought here to play QB but that's all Mark was asked about and that alone would have been fine but combine that w/ Sparano at OC and absolutely no weapons how is a QB supposed to succeed?

early in the season he looked great actually tearing up Buffalo and leading us back at Miami 2 weeks later. a week after that Holmes was gone and Keller barely played.

when Mark had weapons he succeeded, post 2010 we stripped away all his weapons and expected him to keep getting better.

You blamed Tebow, I didn't. If being asked about a player, which Sanchez was hardly asked about, throws you off, prevents you from playing your game, its time to take your ball and go home.  That being an issue says a lot about Marks ability.  

Mark never looked like a decent QB on a consistent basis.  He had games, every QB does if hes in there for any length of time.  Doesn't make him good.  The Dolphins game?  He was 21 of 45 with 1 TD and 2 INTs.  Hard to make a case that coming back to win in OT was because he played great.  They needed OT because of him though. Why stop there?   He was 10 of 27 for 138 yards the week before against the Steelers.  

After the fins game he was 14 of 30 for 112yds and 0 TDs and1 INT in a shut out.  12 of 19 for 112 yards against Indy, he sucked that season beginning to end

Both Mac and Bowles were picked by Casserly.

Idzik was hired to a position way beyond his capability. We had no cap room in 2013 so Idzik didn't get exposed and Rex rallied the troops and won a lot of close games. The cap room arrived and Idzik shat himself wasting time with guys like Vick, Giacomini and Patterson when we should have gone after Revis and Desean Jackson.

Mac has looked very good so far.

The Giacomini contract wasn't that bad.  The guys that hurt were wasting it on older guys/rentals.  He was supposed to be all about the cap room and player development - then we spend on Vick and CJ and $7M for a half season of Harvin?  That is $14M right there and we are supposed to be upset with Wilkerson for asking for a legit contract? Total waste and does not fit the "building from the draft" mantra.  Patterson's contract wasn't horrendous, since they got out of it, but it would have been close to $3M.  Having him as the only CB was a pretty ballsy move when the guy was always hurt which left you banking completely on MIlliner and McDougle - who are not exactly iron men.  That backfired on everyone.

You blamed Tebow, I didn't. If being asked about a player, which Sanchez was hardly asked about, throws you off, prevents you from playing your game, its time to take your ball and go home.  That being an issue says a lot about Marks ability.  

Mark never looked like a decent QB on a consistent basis.  He had games, every QB does if hes in there for any length of time.  Doesn't make him good.  The Dolphins game?  He was 21 of 45 with 1 TD and 2 INTs.  Hard to make a case that coming back to win in OT was because he played great.  They needed OT because of him though. Why stop there?   He was 10 of 27 for 138 yards the week before against the Steelers.  

After the fins game he was 14 of 30 for 112yds and 0 TDs and1 INT in a shut out.  12 of 19 for 112 yards against Indy, he sucked that season beginning to end

I didn't blame Tebow at all, I just discussed all the negative factors that season and Tim was one of them.

Mark looked like a good QB on a consistent basis most of 2010.  after that season they started stripping away the talent around him.

#s weren't great but led us back to give us a late lead then the D blew it and we went to OT and he set up his K for a chip shot to win it.  #s aren't everything.

I didn't blame Tebow at all, I just discussed all the negative factors that season and Tim was one of them.

Mark looked like a good QB on a consistent basis most of 2010.  after that season they started stripping away the talent around him.

#s weren't great but led us back to give us a late lead then the D blew it and we went to OT and he set up his K for a chip shot to win it.  #s aren't everything.

I was in my usual seat watching that game.  Never, ever felt like Mark won that game for us, sorry.  Numbers just back up my recollection of that game and Marks career.  He wasnt that good in 2010, he got a pass, as he should have because he was young and inexperienced and his play wasn't an issue as they won 12 games and again went to the AFCCG. His best games over his career were the ones where he didn't get in the way of a win.  The handful of comeback games were nice but hardly what he was all about.  

Doesnt change the fact that he was godawful in 2012 and that falls on him.  He wasnt a green QB who needed to have studs around him to show that he at least knew what he was doing, he was at a place experience wise that he should have looked better, with an curve for the lack of talent.  At that point I thought everyone came to the conclusion that it was over for him with the Jets and it was time to go in a different direction

I was in my usual seat watching that game.  Never, ever felt like Mark won that game for us, sorry.  Numbers just back up my recollection of that game and Marks career.  He wasnt that good in 2010, he got a pass, as he should have because he was young and inexperienced and his play wasn't an issue as they won 12 games and again went to the AFCCG. His best games over his career were the ones where he didn't get in the way of a win.  The handful of comeback games were nice but hardly what he was all about.  

Doesnt change the fact that he was godawful in 2012 and that falls on him.  He wasnt a green QB who needed to have studs around him to show that he at least knew what he was doing, he was at a place experience wise that he should have looked better, with an curve for the lack of talent.  At that point I thought everyone came to the conclusion that it was over for him with the Jets and it was time to go in a different direction

again, trailing by 4 late in the 4th he led us on a long TD drive to give us a 3 pt lead.  after D blew that lead he led us to chip shot range(including a beautiful deep ball to Holmes to set it up) to win it.  was he great that game? No but he made plays to help us win.

2010 he was a top 10 QB in this league.  Played great late in games to pull out a bunch of wins.  he had some clunkers too but overall he was very good that season and stepped up in big moments for us.

He was awful in 2012, the only bad year of his career and he was among the worst QBs, if not THE worst, but he had no shot w/ what he had to work with and all the factors working against him.

again, trailing by 4 late in the 4th he led us on a long TD drive to give us a 3 pt lead.  after D blew that lead he led us to chip shot range(including a beautiful deep ball to Holmes to set it up) to win it.  was he great that game? No but he made plays to help us win.

2010 he was a top 10 QB in this league.  Played great late in games to pull out a bunch of wins.  he had some clunkers too but overall he was very good that season and stepped up in big moments for us.

He was awful in 2012, the only bad year of his career and he was among the worst QBs, if not THE worst, but he had no shot w/ what he had to work with and all the factors working against him.

I'm sorry when the D gives up 3 points in the second half they didn't blow it, they played well.  

Seriously?  Sanchez was never a top 10 QB in the league.  54% completion percentage, near 50% TDS to turnovers, less than 3300 yards with a QR of 75 is not top 10, its bottom 10. 

I'm sorry when the D gives up 3 points in the second half they didn't blow it, they played well.  

Seriously?  Sanchez was never, ever a top 10 QB in the league.  54% completion percentage, near 50% TDS to turnovers, less than 3300 yards with a QR of 75 is not top 10, its bottom 10.  Near bottom

when they give up those 3 pts w/ a 3 pt lead late against a struggling rookie QB that's a bad job.  they also allowed Miami to get into FG range in OT but luckily the K missed it.  and they gave up 10 2nd half pts not 3.

you are looking at just #s, there were not 10 better QBs in 2010.  He brought us back 4-5 time sin the reg season.  Other QBs may have put up better #s but #s w/o plays to help your team win are meaningless and don't forget he was credited w/ 2 bogus INTs vs. GB and had some TDs dropped.  he played much better than the #s indicated.

when they give up those 3 pts w/ a 3 pt lead late against a struggling rookie QB that's a bad job.  they also allowed Miami to get into FG range in OT but luckily the K missed it.  and they gave up 10 2nd half pts not 3.

you are looking at just #s, there were not 10 better QBs in 2010.  He brought us back 4-5 time sin the reg season.  Other QBs may have put up better #s but #s w/o plays to help your team win are meaningless and don't forget he was credited w/ 2 bogus INTs vs. GB and had some TDs dropped.  he played much better than the #s indicated.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I never ever saw top 10 QB in Sanchez, you do.  Its ok

Archived