Jets Tweets 8/2

flgreen

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously outside of Wilkersons injury, today was great at camp. Good competitiveness, great crowd and atmosphere. Back home now, my 2 day stay at Florham Park was a really neat experience and will definitely do this again in the future. 

Even got Mike Maccagnan and Mike Westhoffs signature! Just to name a few. 

So far it seems on offense Owusu is impressing (expected) but so is Daryl Richardson who I liked last year because of his speed and burst.   It has been said we didn't have a speed back and yet Richardson has been there all along. 

I get conflicting reports on Shaq Evans; I read either he is having a solid camp or struggling.  Not sure which is true, maybe both at times. 

Was there any mention of Mauldins' injury situation?  He came off the field favoring one of his arms... 

Well, Marshall would have to be a douche himself if he said Cutler. He's not gonna diss Geno like that.

That's nice. But not the point, he could have passed on the question, the only two choices weren't Cutler or Geno. That he picked Geno tells me that Cutler is a real POS like everyone says he is.

That's nice. But not the point, he could have passed on the question, the only two choices weren't Cutler or Geno. That he picked Geno tells me that Cutler is a real POS like everyone says he is.

tells me he knows who is signing his pay check and not willing to create a contriversal issue at the beginning of his first camp here.

So far it seems on offense Owusu is impressing (expected) but so is Daryl Richardson who I liked last year because of his speed and burst.   It has been said we didn't have a speed back and yet Richardson has been there all along. 

I get conflicting reports on Shaq Evans; I read either he is having a solid camp or struggling.  Not sure which is true, maybe both at times. 

Was there any mention of Mauldins' injury situation?  He came off the field favoring one of his arms... 

Had the wind knocked out of him.  He should be fine.

tells me he knows who is signing his pay check and not willing to create a contriversal issue at the beginning of his first camp here.

Everything about Marshalls past says he doesn't mince words, says what's on his mind, what he believes

Yes, in a perfect world, Marshall could have passed on the question, and that wouldn't have been a problem. But with our beat writers?

NY Daily News Headline: "Disgruntled Marshall avoided praising Geno; wants to be back in Chicago!"

Perhaps Marshall figured that was the safest answer he could give.

Yes, in a perfect world, Marshall could have passed on the question, and that wouldn't have been a problem. But with our beat writers?

NY Daily News Headline: "Disgruntled Marshall avoided praising Geno; wants to be back in Chicago!"

Perhaps Marshall figured that was the safest answer he could give.

Just dont see it that way.  No one would have given him sh*t for passing on the question.  It wasnt even a question, happened on the practice field.  Think we make more of things like this than they really are

Just dont see it that way.  No one would have given him sh*t for passing on the question.  It wasnt even a question, happened on the practice field.  Think we make more of things like this than they really are

Perhaps. I just tend to expect the worst. And that's not limited to my fandom. :winking0001:

Wow you cant make it up.... 

Marshall praises his own team (the Jets) and Jets fans are somehow finding fault with the guy!!!

We are nuts!!

Well, to be fair, neither Jet Nut or I found any fault with Marshall. We just drew different conclusions from his response.

Well, to be fair, neither Jet Nut or I found any fault with Marshall. We just drew different conclusions from his response.

I hear you.

I just don't understand what it is with us at times.

Concerning Marshall  there have been posts questioning why he has spent time with Geno? Is he sucking up to Geno?  Why wont he say Geno sucks?

And now; Why did he point to the logo on his helmet?

And so it goes.

I've said it in the past there is NO former Jet player that I think of that has not picked on and diminished by the Jet faithful.

Don't mind me, carry on....

I am obviously getting to the age where I will soon wind up screaming at folks walking down the street to stay quiet.

I hear you.

I just don't understand what it is with us at times.

Concerning Marshall  there have been posts questioning why he has spent time with Geno? Is he sucking up to Geno?  Why wont he say Geno sucks?

And now; Why did he point to the logo on his helmet?

And so it goes.

I've said it in the past there is NO former Jet player that I think of that has not picked on and diminished by the Jet faithful.

Don't mind me, carry on....

I am obviously getting to the age where I will soon wind up screaming at folks walking down the street to stay quiet.

I think Jet fans collectively have been hurt so much that it's like some have PTSD, jumping at every little sound.

But I do believe than Marshall is trying hard to be a good teammate to Geno and a good soldier for the team. I am legit excited that he's with us.

And don't worry, I'll be at that age soon, too. And I'm only in my 20s! :happy0069:

I think Jet fans collectively have been hurt so much that it's like some have PTSD, jumping at every little sound.

But I do believe than Marshall is trying hard to be a good teammate to Geno and a good soldier for the team. I am legit excited that he's with us.

And don't worry, I'll be at that age soon, too. And I'm only in my 20s! :happy0069:

Not everyone I've been a fan since the 1960 Titans and have never got the SOJF woe is us syndrome..

Very true the word fan is short for fanatics so that doesn't usually describe a calm fair minded group..  :screwy:

Exactly. And that's especially true of someone--like me--who chose the Jets as their team simply because: they were young, their older brother was sick of them liking everything he did, and the Jets sounded like they'd be great because Jet planes are big, fast, and all-around awesome.

Yeah, that was my logic. But in the end, I dodged a bullet. I was that close to being a Jags fan. :biggrin:

Exactly. And that's especially true of someone--like me--who chose the Jets as their team simply because: they were young, their older brother was sick of them liking everything he did, and the Jets sounded like they'd be great because Jet planes are big, fast, and all-around awesome.

Yeah, that was my logic. But in the end, I dodged a bullet. I was that close to being a Jags fan. :biggrin:

My friends were mostly Giant fans but when the AFL started I liked the wide open bomb throwing league plus in 1965 when Namath became a Jet it made everything even better..

My friends were mostly Giant fans but when the AFL started I liked the wide open bomb throwing league plus in 1965 when Namath became a Jet it made everything even better..

Good 'ol Namath. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Archived