Thoughts On Geno so far from TC

Patriot Killa

He has looked sharp. He has rolled out well. Threaded the needle when he had to and has been consistent with the quick release. I think we might be in for a hell of a season if Geno finally gets it.

Yes he has the haters are gonna hate Geno has been sharp it seems as if he's put in a lot of time training great news Jets fans.

From what I've been reading and have seen, Geno looks much improved.  He takes a lot of heat, but the kid is only 24 years old and he's getting better.  I read somewhere that as opposed to times last year in practice where he would run backwards sometimes up to 10 years against a rush up the middle he now uses his legs consistently to roll out left or right while still making solid throws down the field.  

Imagine it clicks this season for him.  Scary stuff when Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith (when he's healthy), and Amaro (upon reaching full potential).  Color me excited.

I think more reps help this young man. He is finally being coached up

More reps help most, if not all, players. 

I think the most important thing for this kid is Chan Gailey's coaching, Bowles demeanor, and not having a bunch of future Waffle House employees controlling his fate. 

Also, I hope he grew a set of balls, comes out this year and shines, it'll be like he's hate-******* the fanbase. 

I think the most important thing for this kid is Chan Gailey's coaching, Bowles demeanor, and not having a bunch of future Waffle House employees controlling his fate. 

Also, I hope he grew a set of balls, comes out this year and shines, it'll be like he's hate-******* the fanbase.

TB has also set higher expectations for him it appears. The beefed up supporting cast is also a plus. Let's go Geno

From the 30 throws I saw him make today on television from my couch, I am guaranteeing that Geno is benched before Week Six.

Because Fitzpatrick is so much better..........

- Fitzpatrick was better than yesterday (that's not saying much) as he

cleaned up his multiple ball handling mistakes.  His arm strength outside
the numbers is shaky

From the 30 throws I saw him make today on television from my couch, I am guaranteeing that Geno is benched before Week Six.

Lol, the other guys were starting to get me to hope for a ray of sunshine through the clouds

I think the most important thing for this kid is Chan Gailey's coaching, Bowles demeanor, and not having a bunch of future Waffle House employees PLAYING WIDE RECEIVER.

FIXED.  

A practical approach is to be encouraged yet cautious of not getting overtly excited about his progress THUS FAR. Sounds like Chan Chan is performing what we hoped & why he was brought in here to do: DEVELOP QBs (Geno & Petty) and run a simpler effective offense maximizing on the talent currently on the roster.

Everything sounds very encouraging thus far, but until the live bullets fly in Game 1 vs. Cleveland, it's all speculation and hopeful thinking. I'm rooting for him, but being a seasoned Jets fan, disappointment won't surprise me.

So now we know why you are on a couch and not on an NFL practice field.

That statement is pure silliness!!

Everything sounds very encouraging thus far, but until the live bullets fly in Game 1 vs. Cleveland, it's all speculation and hopeful thinking. I'm rooting for him, but being a seasoned Jets fan, disappointment won't surprise me.

Hell, Geno playing well for one game against the Browns won't be enough to convince me (as much as I would want it to). Remember when he looked improved vs the Raiders game 1 last season? He even looked like the real deal through almost two quarters against the Packers. Week 2 in Indy will be a good test for him. Then I'll start to feel that it's safe to believe. And oh, do I want to believe.

Hell, Geno playing well for one game against the Browns won't be enough to convince me (as much as I would want it to). Remember when he looked improved vs the Raiders game 1 last season? He even looked like the real deal through almost two quarters against the Packers. Week 2 in Indy will be a good test for him. Then I'll start to feel that it's safe to believe. And oh, do I want to believe.

I hear ya. You got what I meant though: a level of trust has been broken, and Geno has A LOONG UPHILL CLIMB to get any validation, let alone approval, from a good portion of Jets fans.

Jets fans slogan on QBs drafted by the Jets: WE WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!m :-)

I hear ya. You got what I meant though: a level of trust has been broken, and Geno has A LOONG UPHILL CLIMB to get any validation, let alone approval, from a good portion of Jets fans.

Jets fans slogan on QBs drafted by the Jets: WE WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!m :-)

Amen to that.

But even if any QB does well for us--no matter how well they do, or how long they sustain it--a small part of me will refuse to believe unless we actually win a Super Bowl.

He has looked sharp. He has rolled out well. Threaded the needle when he had to and has been consistent with the quick release. I think we might be in for a hell of a season if Geno finally gets it.

Talk to me when the blitz is coming, he doesn't change protection because he doesn't see it presnap, and then he throws one up off his back foot for 6...... Unfortunately the pick 6 variety.

The bottom line is Geno looked pretty impressive in August last year also.  We all know how that turned out.

I can't get excited about this season until I see it in September and Beyond.

The optimism in the preseason for the offense was definitely higher last year, with everyone expecting a huge improvement for Geno heading into year 2.  It didn't really pan out that way, he still looked like a rookie in many aspects.  This year it's more of a "wait and see" mentality with Geno.  He's already fooled us once with looking good in the preseason.

The kid has what it takes physically, which is why he probably looks good in practice.  No pressure just slinging the rock to a predetermined guy or making simple reads.  He's shown how could he can look when he's putting it all together but the real question does he have the mental capacity to play consistent and continue to improve as he did over the last games of 2014. 

The interesting part of this competition will be when Fitzy is fully healed assuming he has better grasp of the playbook.  Geno is going to have to keep improving to hold off the conquering hero.

Archived