Right Guard

Obrien2Toon

The key to having a playoff football team, I think, is to have a functional starter at all 24 positions.  Remember the Pete Kendall debacle?  If there is a not someone at right guard who can do a credible job, the Jets will have no running or pass game.  If you have 24 functional starters, a top QB and some stars-they you start going deep into the playoffs.

If I am Mike Macagnan and Todd Bowles, I am waking up everyday wondering how they are going to block, Suh, Kyle Williams and others.  Oday Aboushi may not be able to do that.  In the absence of Richardson's suspension, I would argue that this would be a better team without one of Mo or Sheldon but with a top right guard.  In any event, the Jets will likely save 50% of Ricardson's salary cap value this year, so perhaps they can give some of that to Mathis.

despite his penalties, Colon is a veteran. With him in the lineup the Jets will have 5 solid vets from tackle to tackle. That's not so bad. Qvale or Winters actually could win that job too but Oday appears to have played himself out of the competition.  

I'd put the odds at something like 40% Colon, 30% Qvale, 30% Winters. 

despite his penalties, Colon is a veteran. With him in the lineup the Jets will have 5 solid vets from tackle to tackle. That's not so bad. Qvale or Winters actually could win that job too but Oday appears to have played himself out of the competition.

I'd put the odds at something like 40% Colon, 30% Qvale, 30% Winters.

Been saying it all along Colon has been our best Guard going on two years now. Not saying much but that's a fact and is still true.

Archived