Good nugget from Snacks on boomer & carton

Doggin94it

Listening to him now, they asked him to compare Rex's d with Bowles'. He stayed away from overall comparisons, but said that in terms of his role, he is being asked to two gap less (still some, but not as often in years past) and to attack more.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Also, Decker giving specific reasons to think Geno really is improving - talking about attitude, communication in the huddle, leadership in terms of correcting his WRs on where they need to be.

Very encouraging, since that would show some real growth

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm really happy to hear that our quarterback finally seems to be getting it. The countdown is already started as the pro-Geno-I-told-you-so group is (are?) sharpening their fingernails to rip us ( the Geno-sucks) crew) a new one. That's OK because I could really care less whose face is behind that facemask with his hands on Nick's butt, all I care about is whether or not THAT player is going to help us win games and NOT throw them away like Sanchez did and like Geno has started his career off doing. I. WANT. SOMEBODY. TO WIN. GAMES. for the Jets

Thanks for the update doggin...but I haven't turned that show on for about 3 years now...let me guess every time a Jet actually started talking football , Carton cut him off started babbling nonsense that only boomer thought was funny ..."ohhhh craigie said BALLS...heheheheehe".." He's sooooooo crazy"......

Thanks for the update doggin...but I haven't turned that show on for about 3 years now...let me guess every time a Jet actually started talking football , Carton cut him off started babbling nonsense that only boomer thought was funny ..."ohhhh craigie said BALLS...heheheheehe".." He's sooooooo crazy"......

+ a freakin' million!

Carton is the most unlistenable life form in the history of this planet!

I would rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to that.

And Boomer is a sellout for even being associated with that unfunny, babbling baboon.

Got a problem with Joe and Evan too in the midday.  One's a loud mouthed cavone and the other one's a drama queen.

Don't even get me started with Francesa.

Harrison actually has some pass rush moves, but it sounds like we're shifting to more of a Wade Phillips approach to the 3-4.  As for why you would do that ... well, the Phillips 1-gap attacking 3-4 works best when your strength is on your DL so you want to free them to make plays, with your LBs covering up for the openings they leave by attacking 1 gap (see, for example, the Dallas defense when Wade was coordinating).  The standard 3-4 works best when your strength is at the LB position, with the DL taking on blockers and freeing the LBs to make plays.

Hadn't thought of it before Snacks mentioned the shift in philosophy ... but it makes a hell of a lot of sense, given our personnel, to play the Phillips attacking 3-4.  Our DL is definitely where we have our playmakers in the front 7, not the LB group

I'm really happy to hear that our quarterback finally seems to be getting it. The countdown is already started as the pro-Geno-I-told-you-so group is (are?) sharpening their fingernails to rip us ( the Geno-sucks) crew) a new one. That's OK because I could really care less whose face is behind that facemask with his hands on Nick's butt, all I care about is whether or not THAT player is going to help us win games and NOT throw them away like Sanchez did and like Geno has started his career off doing. I. WANT. SOMEBODY. TO WIN. GAMES. for the Jets

Good take. 

I feel like some in the hardcore "Geno Sucks" camp would rather see Geno and the Jets fall flat on their face and feel validated rather then root for the kid to be successful which would directly lead to the Jets being successful. Geno is going to take the ball come week 1, that's pretty obvious by now. I'm still not convinced that he will turn it around, but the signs are encouraging, and I'll be rooting for him as his success is directly related to the success of the Jets as a whole.....

Harrison actually has some pass rush moves, but it sounds like we're shifting to more of a Wade Phillips approach to the 3-4.  As for why you would do that ... well, the Phillips 1-gap attacking 3-4 works best when your strength is on your DL so you want to free them to make plays, with your LBs covering up for the openings they leave by attacking 1 gap (see, for example, the Dallas defense when Wade was coordinating).  The standard 3-4 works best when your strength is at the LB position, with the DL taking on blockers and freeing the LBs to make plays.

Hadn't thought of it before Snacks mentioned the shift in philosophy ... but it makes a hell of a lot of sense, given our personnel, to play the Phillips attacking 3-4.  Our DL is definitely where we have our playmakers in the front 7, not the LB group

Good post. 

I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of Bowles' style of defense,...so you do think this is him coaching his style of D? Or is it him fitting a scheme to the talent we have? (it's clear the strength of the team lies in the DL and not the LBers)

Meh, this group was #1 against the run and 8th in the league in sacks last season and there is enough depth to where they dont have to take the player that was the best in the league at what they do and ask them to do something else. 

You can run your 1 gap system with Coples, Williams, Mo, Sheldon/Douzable/Pace/Maudlin/Babin - whatever.  No need to ask Harrison to be something he's not.

Meh, this group was #1 against the run and 8th in the league in sacks last season and there is enough depth to where they dont have to take the player that was the best in the league at what they do and ask them to do something else. 

You can run your 1 gap system with Coples, Williams, Mo, Sheldon/Douzable/Pace/Maudlin/Babin - whatever.  No need to ask Harrison to be something he's not.

lol, a reason would be to make them even better... why don't we see how it works before we get dramatic, eh?

you don't have to one or two gap your entire dline. Beli and Carroll do this all the time. Some one gap, some two gap. But guys like Wilfork and Snacks always 2 gap

He said "do less", he didn't say "stop completely". Relax.

lol, a reason would be to make them even better... why don't we see how it works before we get dramatic, eh?

Oh, ok. forgive me for questioning something.

+ a freakin' million!

And Boomer is a sellout for even being associated with that unfunny, babbling baboon.

Got a problem with Joe and Evan too in the midday.  One's a loud mouthed cavone and the other one's a drama queen.

Who do you love?

+ a freakin' million!

Please... tell us about Mike. :)

Who do you love?

I prefer Mike and Mike in the AM and Kay and LaGreca in the PM.

Both shows I feel are more sophisticated sports programs.

I especially like LaGreca on Kay's show.

He is a passionate and loyal sports fan and is one of the best when it comes to hockey knowledge.

Also, when they break his b*lls he gets pretty defensive and it's hilarious. 

because good to very good players can adapt and make subtle changes at their position. Different defensive philosophy with Bowles as well ...I'm sure Bowles knows what he's doing

Archived