Antonio Allen possible serious injury

jetscrazey

Sounds like an Achilles. Happened at the end of practice, non-contact bursting out of his stance, similar to what happened with Milliner. Doesn't look good.

This makes the Gilchrist signing even more important. He's a guy who can play man as well as zone. Jarrett moves to the #3 safety. Good thing Macc got us depth.

Sounds like an Achilles. Happened at the end of practice, non-contact bursting out of his stance, similar to what happened with Milliner. Doesn't look good.

This makes the Gilchrist signing even more important. He's a guy who can play man as well as zone. Jarrett moves to the #3 safety. Good thing Macc got us depth.

Only positive is that it sounds like Jarrett has been balling in camp...he also had a couple of really good games last year so hopefully he can take advantage of this. 

Agreed.

Though I wasn't expecting AA to start, I did expect to see him contributing on the field. And now, not only is Jarret going to move up, but I wonder if this means that Rontez Miles is going to make the 53 and see some action.

This probably benefits Rontez Miles the most as far as the 53 man roster is concerned. He was a bubble player and now he'll have a chance on specials and as a back-up.

Yeah, I like Miles, great motor. We'll miss Allen's ability to cover TEs in man coverage, otherwise we should be able to replace him.

This probably benefits Rontez Miles the most as far as the 53 man roster is concerned. He was a bubble player and now he'll have a chance on specials and as a back-up.

That is, assuming, that Bowles keeps 4 safeties. If Rontez (or Eskridge, for that matter) don't impress enough, do you think Bowles would elect to use AA's roster spot to save someone else from a different position? Perhaps, instead, he decides to use it on a 7th CB? Maybe this could save Walls (whom I think deserves a spot, but there may not be enough room for him)?

I know you like yourself some Walls. :happy0069:

Having all these CBs, maybe Bowles gets creative putting Cro on beast tight ends, while Milliner plays CB on the outside.

Remember Marcus Williams shut down Gronk too last year.

Bottom line, we have options.

Wouldn't count on Milliner being one of them.  If he comes back and plays well, great.  I just wouldn't be depending on it

Having all these CBs, maybe Bowles gets creative putting Cro on beast tight ends, while Milliner plays CB on the outside.

Remember Marcus Williams shut down Gronk too last year.

Bottom line, we have options.

Cromartie has trouble tackling Wr and Rb's, and you want to put him on a Te. What you think would happen to Cromartie , if he tried to bring a beast Tight end down. ( wouldn't be pretty). Cromartie skills don't translate well to safety position.

Agreed

Anyone have more legit details about what actually happened?

Bowles said in his press conference that the trainers say it's his achilles.  Based on the descriptions from the tweets, he's done for the year.  But nothing official or confirmed yet.

Cromartie has trouble tackling Wr and Rb's, and you want to put him on a Te. What you think would happen to Cromartie , if he tried to bring a beast Tight end down. ( wouldn't be pretty). Cromartie skills don't translate well to safety position.

The idea is the get him between the ball and the receiver, not to have him leveling tight ends. 

The idea is the get him between the ball and the receiver, not to have him leveling tight ends.

I don't exactly understand your point. A poster said he wants to see Cromartie covering the top Te's. Jmo Cromartie wouldn't make a good safety- doesn't have the Skill set to play that position.

Now if your point Cromartie could defend the seam pass against The Tight end - Okay if you think that would be the only pattern they would run against Cromartie. They would run different patterns that would put him at a severe disadvantage. Not to mention what if he was matched on the Te blocking. ( Mr Softee going to thrive there)

Jmo Cromartie isn't getting matched up on a Te , and Dee Milliner I would expect to get a look in that kind of role first. Probably a better matchup against the tight end.

it is an Achilles injury, he tried to stand, and there was nothing there, they took him off on a cart.  Doesn't sound good

That sucks. Maybe there is still hope. A full blown achilles tear is immediately diagnosable. It rolls up from ithe point of detachment into a ball that is very visually apparent.

Nothing official yet so.........

Maybe he will get lucky.

Archived