Leave it to the Jets to Screw up How the Handle the Fans Tonight

Lot K Tailgaters

On Monday the Jets sent me an email stating anyone with a rewards card could get into the Coaches Club on a first come first serve basis.  When I got there tonight they said make a right turn and it will get you there and of course it wasn't the coaches club.  The someone told me it's closed down tonight and not available.  When I said well they promoted that earlier in the week the girl got snotty and said "well if you read your emails you would know we cancelled it."  She then goes the first 15 rows of section (139 I forget) is reserved for season ticket holders only but of course by then they were filled.

My friends went to get a bottle of water later in the night and when they went to use their Jets Rewards card they said sorry we put the scanners away for the night.  How do you do that?

Then another friend of mine I ran into told me he waited 20 mins on line to get a beer and was instead told it was only pouring foam so they weren't serving beer.  They couldn't put up a sign or something to let people know?

Between the changing of a scrimmage to practice and a few other things, I found this to be very disappointing.  Highlight of my night was going to Rutts Hut afterward for a hot dog and disco fries.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Monday the Jets sent me an email stating anyone with a rewards card could get into the Coaches Club on a first come first serve basis.  When I got there tonight they said make a right turn and it will get you there and of course it wasn't the coaches club.  The someone told me it's closed down tonight and not available.  When I said well they promoted that earlier in the week the girl got snotty and said "well if you read your emails you would know we cancelled it."  She then goes the first 15 rows of section (139 I forget) is reserved for season ticket holders only but of course by then they were filled.

My friends went to get a bottle of water later in the night and when they went to use their Jets Rewards card they said sorry we put the scanners away for the night.  How do you do that?

Then another friend of mine I ran into told me he waited 20 mins on line to get a beer and was instead told it was only pouring foam so they weren't serving beer.  They couldn't put up a sign or something to let people know?

Between the changing of a scrimmage to practice and a few other things, I found this to be very disappointing.  Highlight of my night was going to Rutts Hut afterward for a hot dog and disco fries.

I can confirm the Jets Rewards Cards didn't work for purchases as we were promised which would have given us a $20 credit.

I was told to save my receipt when I bought a novelty item for my office.

I will be calling the Jets on Monday about this.

They really effed this up.

I can confirm the Jets Rewards Cards didn't work for purchases as we were promised which would have given us a $20 credit.

I was told to save my receipt when I bought a novelty item for my office.

I will be calling the Jets on Monday about this.

They really effed this up.

My balance currently shows $84.  I will be calling Monday too.  If they don't put the $20 on I'll contact Mastercard that the Jets didn't hold their end of the deal and to dispute the charge.

Actually just looked again it says it will be added before August 21st.  I took a picture of it off the Rewards website.

Still ridiculous that they shut the Rewards card readers at the concessions off during the practice.

Sounds like an issue with concessions, not necessarily "the Jets". Unless you think there are zero degrees of separation between Woody and the girl selling bottled waters, that is.

It sucks that you had a bad customer experience. I know for a fact that most of Jets corporate cares a lot about the customer experience. When I read your thread title, I thought it was something more ominous... but the things your complaining about are pretty much "bad service" problems you could run into anywhere from Applebee's to American Airlines.

Write someone a letter, hope they fix it, and maybe you'll get some free sh*t in the process.

Sounds like an issue with concessions, not necessarily "the Jets". Unless you think there are zero degrees of separation between Woody and the girl selling bottled waters, that is.

It sucks that you had a bad customer experience. I know for a fact that most of Jets corporate cares a lot about the customer experience. When I read your thread title, I thought it was something more ominous... but the things your complaining about are pretty much "bad service" problems you could run into anywhere from Applebee's to American Airlines.

Write someone a letter, hope they fix it, and maybe you'll get some free sh*t in the process.

It also had to do with the number of emails and changes.  Don't tell me Coaches Club is open for tonight for Rewards customers on a first come first serve basis and then change your mind.  If I was too late I could live with it but it didn't even exist.

I later on stated the Jets "c--- tease us to get us to show up and then don't do what they stated or make up some excuse."

It also had to do with the number of emails and changes.  Don't tell me Coaches Club is open for tonight for Rewards customers on a first come first serve basis and then change your mind.  If I was too late I could live with it but it didn't even exist.

I later on stated the Jets "c--- tease us to get us to show up and then don't do what they stated or make up some excuse."

Or, it's less nefarious, and just an issue of horrible collaboration between their marketing team, and the event managers. It sucks. Write a letter... I'm dead serious. Write a professional sounding critique of the experience you had, and express what your expectations were, and where they fell down. Lose the outrage and "cock tease" bit. Come at it from the standpoint of "here is what I expect of the Jets corporation, please see that the necessary issues are addressed to improve the customer experience".

As a club psl holder, I had access to a vip area, which was in the Jets Green Room lounge. I have to admit that they did a great job with that. It was a pretty decent free food and liquor spread. Also, I am guessing  the NBA has something going on with their rookie class in NYC as pretty much every first round draft pick was in there, and man can those tall skinny kids eat.

As far as the jets cash not working, I didn't use it or really have need to as everything was free where I was, but I do have to at least give the Jets some credit for knowing it was probably going to be rocky from the jump and being upfront about it. From the email they sent all of us the other day, the one I am assuming anyone that signed up for it had read.....

"As you may have heard, this season we are launching Jets Cash, a feature that allows Jets Rewards members to use their Card(s) to make purchases at MetLife Stadium.  If you are heading to tomorrow night’s Green & White practice at MetLife Stadium with your Jets Rewards Card(s) you are invited to participate in our Jets Cash “beta test” and will receive a financial incentive for testing it!

The Green & White practice tomorrow night is the first stadium event since the launch of Jets Cash, and we are inviting Season Ticket Holders to be part of a group to test the technology and user experience.  We have worked hard to get Jets Cash ready, but because this is a real test you may nevertheless encounter some small bugs or details that need improvement.  In fact, finding those things now, before the season starts, is the whole point of the test.

As a thank you for your involvement, we’ll give each account (not seat) that makes a transaction at Green & White an additional $20 in Bonus Bucks, which you can use at any Jets home game this season.  This bonus is on top of the up to $40 in Bonus Bucks that you can get just by signing up.

To learn more on how to sign up, click here.  Signing up is easy, just follow the instructions in the link for what to email.

Hope to see you at Green & White!"

So they were upfront about it being a test, and for your time and effort submitting yourself to being test dummies for it they were giving an extra $20, which it seems will be good to use all season. I don't know that it would be something I would take the time to get on the phone and complain about, but to each his own.

On Monday the Jets sent me an email stating anyone with a rewards card could get into the Coaches Club on a first come first serve basis. When I got there tonight they said make a right turn and it will get you there and of course it wasn't the coaches club. The someone told me it's closed down tonight and not available. When I said well they promoted that earlier in the week the girl got snotty and said "well if you read your emails you would know we cancelled it"

Snotty girl at the VIP desk said the same thing to me and my family even though we left the house an hour early just so I could show them what the Coaches Club looked like.

I never got any email saying this was cancelled; did you?

SAR I

The Jets cash was a PITA yesterday. I know it was an experiment so yeah the difficulties are explainable. If something like that is not effortless when in full operation, it definitely won't be worth using.

That is hilarious about the nba dudes in the vip area. I am an nba fan but watch zero college hoops. And I'm not an obsessive nba fan....more on casual side. I noticed some really tall dudes who actually helped me clear a path to see woody. I remember thinking "hey - I wonder if they are athletes." But had no idea who they actually were. Whoops :)

Typical Jets . I was there also . They herded everyone into three entrances leaving half of the stadium empty . These guys really know how to F things up .  Needless to say, if they try this next year , the attendance will be very low . WAY TO GO PROMOTION DEPARTMENT !!!!!!!

+100

As a club psl holder, I had access to a vip area, which was in the Jets Green Room lounge. I have to admit that they did a great job with that. It was a pretty decent free food and liquor spread. Also, I am guessing  the NBA has something going on with their rookie class in NYC as pretty much every first round draft pick was in there, and man can those tall skinny kids eat.

As far as the jets cash not working, I didn't use it or really have need to as everything was free where I was, but I do have to at least give the Jets some credit for knowing it was probably going to be rocky from the jump and being upfront about it. From the email they sent all of us the other day, the one I am assuming anyone that signed up for it had read.....

"As you may have heard, this season we are launching Jets Cash, a feature that allows Jets Rewards members to use their Card(s) to make purchases at MetLife Stadium.  If you are heading to tomorrow night’s Green & White practice at MetLife Stadium with your Jets Rewards Card(s) you are invited to participate in our Jets Cash “beta test” and will receive a financial incentive for testing it!

The Green & White practice tomorrow night is the first stadium event since the launch of Jets Cash, and we are inviting Season Ticket Holders to be part of a group to test the technology and user experience.  We have worked hard to get Jets Cash ready, but because this is a real test you may nevertheless encounter some small bugs or details that need improvement.  In fact, finding those things now, before the season starts, is the whole point of the test.

As a thank you for your involvement, we’ll give each account (not seat) that makes a transaction at Green & White an additional $20 in Bonus Bucks, which you can use at any Jets home game this season.  This bonus is on top of the up to $40 in Bonus Bucks that you can get just by signing up.

To learn more on how to sign up, click here.  Signing up is easy, just follow the instructions in the link for what to email.

Hope to see you at Green & White!"

So they were upfront about it being a test, and for your time and effort submitting yourself to being test dummies for it they were giving an extra $20, which it seems will be good to use all season. I don't know that it would be something I would take the time to get on the phone and complain about, but to each his own.

Did they have a CRIMINAL section for the NBA players who have been arrested ?

First of all what did anyone really expect? Its a practice MetLife is a stadium where games are played. As a courtesy to season ticket holders they should have offered free concessions for all. 

Hot Dog meal was $6 for dog, chips, drink.  Chicken Fingers meal was $8 for strips, fries, drink.

The food was very affordable, half the price or more than normal.  Not free, but a generous discount.

SAR I

Sorry, you're wrong. The Jets are responsible for what happens under their name and roof.

Not sure of the number, but they were only letting people sit on one sideline wrapped around to one end zone, lower tier. And every seat was taken.

With lots of people on concourse area.

There are 27,500 seats on the upper level and I'd estimate 35,000 seats on the lower level.  Last night, the lower level was 50% occupied and there were people accumulating on the concourses and the interactive fan area outside.  So I'd say there were around 19,000 to 20,000 people there total.

The Eagles has about 25,000 people at their open practice at Lincoln today and it was in the daytime, more conducive to families.  We have nothing to be embarrassed about.

SAR I

Sorry, you're wrong. The Jets are responsible for what happens under their name and roof.

agreed. idk why he thinks the jets should get a pass for not delivering on their promises and for bad service that occurred at their stadium

I think the point is a little lost on you guys though.  Complaining about it on a message board doesn't fix things, write a professional letter to the Jets so they can investigate and see if the people they hired ****ed up or if their concession vendors ****ed up or if the Jets ****ed up their communication or a combination of all 3.  Point being, it helps no one if nobody tells the Jets what happened and they can't improve the experience going forward.

There are 27,500 seats on the upper level and I'd estimate 35,000 seats on the lower level.  Last night, the lower level was 50% occupied and there were people accumulating on the concourses and the interactive fan area outside.  So I'd say there were around 19,000 to 20,000 people there total.

The Eagles has about 25,000 people at their open practice at Lincoln today and it was in the daytime, more conducive to families.  We have nothing to be embarrassed about.

SAR I

We also didn't actually provide a real scrimmage.  I'm sure the turnout would have been a lot more if it was an actual scrimmage.  Next year will probably be an actual scrimmage so bigger turnout I'm sure and if you guys that had problems let them know about it maybe they can work on a better experience for next TC.

We also didn't actually provide a real scrimmage.  I'm sure the turnout would have been a lot more if it was an actual scrimmage.  Next year will probably be an actual scrimmage so bigger turnout I'm sure and if you guys that had problems let them know about it maybe they can work on a better experience for next TC.

I really have no complaints, it was a free event and a bonus for many fans who don't have season tickets.

I'm more upset about the "American Dream" project which has cut off ramp access from Route 3 and my sneak-attack of getting to the Verizon corner by making the U turn at the Izod Center.  Disaster if that isn't corrected by opening day.

SAR I

SAR I

SAR I is correct nothing to be embarrassed about. Any visit to MetLife Jets involved is a good day or night. 

Archived