Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

Naming Fitz the starter before he ever threw a pass would have put pressure on Ryan and demotivated Geno, not a good move a GM or HC would make.

You stick by the incumbent, you let camp and a few preseason games happen, then you make a decision.  For all we know, Ryan was moving up the depth chart and Geno down it.  What you read in the press and what you hear in quotes are often just ways to make a shaky QB feel some love and give him the best opportunity to resurrect his career.

SAR I

LOLWUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The pressure on Tyrod Taylor/Matt Cassell must be enormous right now, taking the job from EJ Manuel. 

So let me get this right, I need to be real clear.  Ryan Fitz would have been under too much pressure if he was named the starter.  That's what you're saying.  Furthermore, Geno, who obviously isn't worth a damn in your eyes anyway, would have been dejected.  So a good coach doesn't name the better player as starter because it's too much pressure on the better player, and could hurt the feelings of the sh*tty player.  You realize that's what you just said. 

Geno sucked last year as did the entire team but 2 years ago he started 8 wins, the most for Fitz in his career has been 6.

In the 8 win year Geno had 12 tds and 21 picks he had better stats last year with 4 wins.. The team was lacking talent last year and Idzik sat on 50 million..

SAR 1  I understand your point.  Just sad to hear of anyone being injured,  especially when they've been beaten up by a player.

Agreed.  I feel bad for Geno and I feel bad for the team right now, it's awful for the kid to need surgery and it's bad that another player did this to him.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Geno sucked last year as did the entire team but 2 years ago he started 8 wins, the most for Fitz in his career has been 6.

8 wins!!!! who cares. 8 wins is nothing to be happy about. geno threw for 12 td's and 21 interceptions. 55% completion rate. 66.5 passer rating.

dan marino had an 8 win season too. 44 td's and 61% completion rate. 4800 yds and a 92.5 passer rating.

wanna know the difference? that rteam rode marino's talent to those 8 wins and geno held the team back to only 8 wins when it was probably a play-off team with a decent quarterback play and not the utter sh*t we got from geno

• Upvote 1

LOLWUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pressure on Tyrod Taylor/Matt Cassell must be enormous right now, taking the job from EJ Manuel.

So let me get this right, I need to be real clear. Ryan Fitz would have been under too much pressure if he was named the starter. That's what you're saying. Furthermore, Geno, who obviously isn't worth a damn in your eyes anyway, would have been dejected. So a good coach doesn't name the better player as starter because it's too much pressure on the better player, and could hurt the feelings of the sh*tty player. You realize that's what you just said.

Keep in mind you're talking to a guy who doesn't have a clue what an MLB does, and thinks OLineman just stand there and be fat. Don't take the clown seriously

His own teammate just punched him in the jaw, and it seems his teammates didn't defend him until the punch was thrown.  He misses meetings and pouts on the sidelines.  He turns the ball over like its his job.  The jury has come back and agrees with me that a good backup QB is the better choice for this team, this year.  In 2016 we reevaluate our QB situation.

And you take the opportunity to make sh1t up.

In the 8 win year Geno had 12 tds and 21 picks he had better stats last year with 4 wins.. The team was lacking talent last year and Idzik sat on 50 million..

I am not saying geno has been good in any way but we were able to win 8 games w/ him, Fitz's teams have never won more than 6 w/ him. 

8 wins!!!! who cares. 8 wins is nothing to be happy about. geno threw for 12 td's and 21 interceptions. 55% completion rate. 66.5 passer rating.

dan marino had an 8 win season too. 44 td's and 61% completion rate. 4800 yds and a 92.5 passer rating.

wanna know the difference? that rteam rode marino's talent to those 8 wins and geno held the team back to only 8 wins when it was probably a play-off team with a decent quarterback play and not the utter sh*t we got from geno

it's better than 6, right? we had a chance at the playoffs something no Fitz team has ever had.

are you comparing Geno to an all time great QB?

Has any Jet fan on here actually expressed their concern about Geno's well being?  Has anyone wished him their best and a speedy recovery?  Does anyone on here even care that he is one of yours?  I have read most of the hundreds of posts and don't remember seeing it mentioned.

Possibly the karma your team continually receives is based on the mindset of the fans.  But what do I know.  Just a thought.

Do you wonder what Enemkpali is actually doing right this minute?  Is he packing to head out of town asap?  Is he consulting a lawyer?  Is he in a bar drinking and this incident is only the beginning of what is in store for him today?  Is something worse going to happen before this day is over?  Is there a mob still at work in NY, and are some heavy betters placing a hit on Enemkpali as we speak?  Are concerned Jets players going to step up and handle Enemkpali in their own way?  Are bookmakers already laying odds on if Enemkpali lives through the night?  Is there any Jets fan out there anywhere with enough backbone and who is willing to step up and "take care of business" himself?  These are questions a good in depth NY reporter would ask and seek an answers to.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I hear you , can't blame those who are done with him. Me personally I was willing to give him a shot with the new coaching staff, with a quick hook....but I can't blame those who weren't .

Exactly.

It's August 11 and we have a fresh QB leading us for this season and that's really all that matters now.  And after Pennington > Favre > Sanchez > Smith it's been a long time since we've had the ability to dream that we may have a weapon at QB again, let's see where Fitzpatrick and/or Petty can take us.

SAR I

Has any Jet fan on here actually expressed their concern about Geno's well being? Has anyone wished him their best and a speedy recovery? Does anyone on here even care that he is one of yours? I have read most of the hundreds of posts and don't remember seeing it mentioned.

Possibly the karma your team continually receives is based on the mindset of the fans. But what do I know. Just a thought.

Do you wonder what Enemkpali is actually doing right this minute? Is he packing to head out of town asap? Is he consulting a lawyer? Is he in a bar drinking and this incident is only the beginning of what is in store for him today? Is something worse going to happen before this day is over? Is there a mob still at work in NY, and are some heavy betters placing a hit on Enemkpali as we speak? Are concerned Jets players going to step up and handle Enemkpali in their own way? Are bookmakers already laying odds on if Enemkpali lives through tonight? Is there any Jets fan out there anywhere with enough backbone and who is willing to step up and "take care of business" himself? These are the questions a good in depth NY reporter would ask and seek an answer to.

Mob, lol.

Has any Jet fan on here actually expressed their concern about Geno's well being?  Has anyone wished him their best and a speedy recovery?  Does anyone on here even care that he is one of yours?  I have read most of the hundreds of posts and don't remember seeing it mentioned.

Possibly the karma your team continually receives is based on the mindset of the fans.  But what do I know.  Just a thought.

Do you wonder what Enemkpali is actually doing right this minute?  Is he packing to head out of town asap?  Is he consulting a lawyer?  Is he in a bar drinking and this incident is only the beginning of what is in store for him today?  Is something worse going to happen before this day is over?  Is there a mob still at work in NY, and are some heavy betters placing a hit on Enemkpali as we speak?  Are concerned Jets players going to step up and handle Enemkpali in their own way?  Are bookmakers already laying odds on if Enemkpali lives through tonight?  Is there any Jets fan out there anywhere with enough backbone and who is willing to step up and "take care of business" himself?  These are the questions a good in depth NY reporter would ask and seek an answer to.

tumblr_ms1klefkuF1soipawo1_500.gif

Except that small fact that Fitzpatrick does not know how to reduce turnovers? Game Manager was never his title.

Did he ever have the type of defense or rushing attack that the current Jets provide him?

I honestly don't know the answer, but I've seen him put up huge numbers on occasion, perhaps some coaching to keep him low-risk is what it takes.  And unlike Smith, Fitzpatrick is a veteran and his maturity will help him here.

SAR I

it's better than 6, right? we had a chance at the playoffs something no Fitz team has ever had.

are you comparing Geno to an all time great QB?

no i'm comparing two 8 win seasons to show you that quarterbacks don't play in a vacuum. this isn't baseball where its mostly the pitcher vs the batter. in baseball giving the pitcher wins makes alot of sense....and even then the pitcher sometimes gets screwed by a bad offense. fitzpatrick has been a much better quarterback than geno has been.

The Jets were 2nd in rushing last season. Against stacked boxes who knew it was coming. They do have a powerful running game. 

Yup.  And a dominant secondary.  And a DL that looks to be fearsome.

Take the 2010 Jets, put a crafty old veteran back there to make better decisions with the football, you've got a decent playoff team.

SAR I

I can't believe even a ******* thread like this gets hijacked by the idiot literally within an hour of the incident happening. Talking Jets football on this board since his transition over here has been like watching Koba in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

LOL...this site will soon turn into JI lite. 

I wish but he may be starting in Philly and if Bradford wins the job he cannot be trusted to stay healthy.

Eagles have too many quarterbacks, whichever one they decide to eject may find a soft landing here.  We will pick up another QB, goes without saying, and Philly seems to be one of the teams with an abundance of them.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

From Joe Caporoso of Turn On The Jets:

• "This is just a personal opinion: If you are celebrating this injury to Smith, victim blaming him or trying to justify a sucker punch by IK, then you are contributor to the perception of Jets fans being moronic…and chances are that adjective fits you well individually."

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

I'm sorry he's hurt, with that being said, you don't get punched in the face unless your disrespecting someone hardcore. Gino is an arrogant qb who was ranked LAST in the NFL coming into this season so he has nothing to be arrogant about. Since he's ranked last, it can't be worse for the team.

Do you wonder what Enemkpali is actually doing right this minute?  Is he packing to head out of town asap?  Is he consulting a lawyer?  Is he in a bar drinking and this incident is only the beginning of what is in store for him today?  Is something worse going to happen before this day is over?  Is there a mob still at work in NY, and are some heavy betters placing a hit on Enemkpali as we speak?  Are concerned Jets players going to step up and handle Enemkpali in their own way?  Are bookmakers already laying odds on if Enemkpali lives through the night?  Is there any Jets fan out there anywhere with enough backbone and who is willing to step up and "take care of business" himself?

38AlQgg.gif

• Upvote 2

Do you wonder what Enemkpali is actually doing right this minute?  Is he packing to head out of town asap?  Is he consulting a lawyer?  Is he in a bar drinking and this incident is only the beginning of what is in store for him today?  Is something worse going to happen before this day is over?  Is there a mob still at work in NY, and are some heavy betters placing a hit on Enemkpali as we speak?  Are concerned Jets players going to step up and handle Enemkpali in their own way?  Are bookmakers already laying odds on if Enemkpali lives through the night?  Is there any Jets fan out there anywhere with enough backbone and who is willing to step up and "take care of business" himself?  These are questions a good in depth NY reporter would ask and seek an answers to.

wow really? melodramatic much? trust me the maffia is not outting a hit out on ik enemkpali.

on second though theres no way this is a serious post

no i'm comparing two 8 win seasons to show you that quarterbacks don't play in a vacuum. this isn't baseball where its mostly the pitcher vs the batter. in baseball giving the pitcher wins makes alot of sense....and even then the pitcher sometimes gets screwed by a bad offense. fitzpatrick has been a much better quarterback than geno has been.

I understand that.  the point is it's been proven a team can win at least 8 games w/ geno, despite playing on better teams Fitz has only been part of as many as 6 wins as a starter in any season.